Ratings for Dr. Joel Bedard

Horrible not a good experience and can't understand him. But his front staff was very helpful. I waiting to long for my appt .

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr Bedard is one of the nicest one I've met I'll say this I've met a lots of dr I spent at leas forty five minutes with him he listen to me and ask a lots of questions his staff was vyry nice and helpful I got no meds from him that make me verry happy I'll recommend eny one to him he is very thorough and I like that

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

This doctor is a nice man. However his approach when dealing with patients is highly questionable. Firstly when trying to make an appointment you are unable to do so and might I add you are never able to have direct conversations with this physician over the phone. His bedside manner is not what patients would be happy with. I would not recommend any patients to go to his practice unless he changes his mannerisms. I found that he tends to interrupt quite frequently when I met with him it was frustrating to get a word in edge wise. Every one is entitled to their own opinions. Also I felt rushed during the session in his office.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr. Bedard has to be the worst doctor I have seen in my entire life. The entire appointment he looked me in the eye less than a handful of times. All he wanted to do was increase my meds, when I feel 110% okay on the doses I am, and have been on for a while. I had to argue with him on a few things, and it was the first (and last) appointment I had with him. I waited over an hour to see him. I have a progressive disease in which I am extremely fatigued and all he did was poke fun at it in a menacing way, and told me to come back with more energy the next appointment. DO NOT SEE HIM. He is terribly ignorant. I also could barely understand a word he said and had him repeat sentences constantly.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Bedard for over a year. Dr. Bedard is very empathetic to any and all psychiatric and lifestyle issues, is up on the latest trends and medications and has a positive attitude. He has a great front desk staff abd welcoming office. Dr. Bedard does run a little late at times since he's so popular, but he's well worth it.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2008

I went to see dr. bedard for bipolar disorder. he was very unhelpful to say the least. I had to wait an hour and a half after my appt time to even see him. It felt like he was very judgemental, he asked very few questions, and most of the questions he did ask were all centered around alcohol consumption and not things like suicidal thoughts and behaviorisms and things like that. At the end of my visit he prescribed me several medications but did not give very much insight other than that. I left unsure of what the different medications were even for. to be abslotely honest, i'm not trying to judge people, but the other patients i saw waiting there looked like possible junkies. i left under the impression that this guy was more of a drug dealer than a doctor. if thats what you need, then this is the guy. if you want a proper diagnosis and treatment, you should go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

HE IS THE BEST

flag | Submitted September 12, 2005

Dr. Joel Bedard's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1976)

Top Hospitals in Hempstead, NY