Ratings for Dr. David A. Martin

Surgery took much longer than originally had said. Woke up in recovery unable to move my legs or control my bladder and bowels. Something happened during surgery that crushed my spinal cord and has left me paralysed from T10 to my toes. He also rolled my small intestine which had to be repaired with another major surgery. I spent 2 1/2 months in the hospital. Questions asked of Dr. Martin were usually answered with a shoulder shrug and he hurried out of the room. I highly advise NEVER seeing this man. Rumor has it the nurses outside his practice call him "The Butcher".

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I had multiple issues with Dr. Martin. He used a robotic device and it broke during the surgery and continued to use the device and kept me under for 8-9 hours. After all was done, it turns out he knocked mu bladder. He tried to correct that then I ended up inthe hospital for 18 days in ICU for 4 days due to complications with his surgery. I finally fired him and went to Vanderbilt throught the advise of a local urologist. I had much better success at Vanderbilt.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Not very impressed. He thought uterine fibroids were most likely cancerous. They were not.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

At my last appointment, I tried explaining a problem I had with a bleeding nipple. He always seems to be in a hurry and told me what I described was nothing to worry about, without even checking it out. Five months later I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I have found a new doctor.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

I don't know how I could have faced cancer, the surgery, the radiation, and the chemo if Dr. Martin and his nurses were not there to help me through this journey. I appreciate how phone calls are returned very promptly, as well as the friendliness and professionalism extended by the doctor, the nurses and the office staff.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

You better have good insurance --once Ilost mine he fired me. He does not care about his patients --only their $.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

I am recovering from major surgery performed by Dr. Martin recently. He always takes the time to explain things throughly.I would reccommend him to any woman needing the type of services he offers.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2006

Dr. Martin always makes me feel comfortable and is very professional.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2005

Dr. David A. Martin's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Kaiser-Permanente