Ratings for Dr. Doug B. Haghighi

Dr Haghighi will make your intestinal issues worsen within a matter of days or weeks if you follow his advice. Then he will cut you open or scope you or do some other procedure to see "what's wrong" when he worsened your ailments from the first appointment. He walks in and out very quickly and barely scans over your chart. Despite my intense lactose intolerance, which I voiced several times, he told me AND OTHER CROHNS PATIENTS to drink MILKSHAKES to put on weight. Is he actually a doctor?!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

It was difficult to get an appointment with him (a month wait for a consultation). I went to see him for the first time for acid reflux. Right away he recommended upper endoscopy. I am a 30 years old, healthy-looking young man. He appeared to be condescending. The conversation came to a deadlock. You either take his endoscopy or you can leave without his advice. No room was left for discussion. I eventually went to another doctor. He just wants your money.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Worst experience with a doctor I've ever had. I've had numerous colonoscopies, and never had a problem. But the colonoscopy done by Dr. Haghighi was very painful (during and after). During each of my office visits with him, he has been arrogant, condescending, rushed, and unprofessional. He told me that he didn't want to see my records from my gastroenterologist in the state where I previously lived, because he only believes diagnosis he makes and procedures he does. He also told me he doesn't believe anything a patient tells him or that another doctor says, until he proves it for himself. He asked me, after several courses of treatment with a medication he prescribed, if it had worked. I told him it had not made any difference, and he said I didn't know what I was talking about and told me he was just going to re-prescribe the same medication again. He also told me to go back on another medication that my primary care physician took me off of because of some side effects, because he felt she didn't know what she was talking about as much as he does. He made condescending, unprofessional remarks about 2 other doctors in Alaska I'd seen, because he said he didn't know who either of them were. After the last my last visit with him, he was so rude and condescending, I actually went out to my car afterward and cried.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Haghighi & staff were organized , pleasant & respectful. I was able to get in promptly, discuss a possible diagnosis with a quick response on any questions I had for the future procedures . Haghighi was very kind and personable! Highly recommend to all friends.

Submitted August 2, 2013

Best care from this doctor! Even called after the procedure to see how it was going.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I agree the nurse was horrible. Very unprofessional, but the doctor was great.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

AWESOME doctor. He was friendly and listened to everything I said. My problems are chronic and I will continue to see this doctor. I have total confidence in Dr. Haghighi and his abilities.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

After my first visit I thought I found a doctor that would listen. I was wrong. He set up to do an upper scope and before he even started he started pushing for the colonoscopy. My symptoms did not relate to the colon and earlier he said it could be done later as a screening. I sent him a fax outlining "pain starts here, then this happens, this makes it worse, this does nothing" Would not discuss anything until I had colonoscopy aka big money. I consented so we could move forward. Again before the test is done he is pushing yet another test. Brushed off husbands attempt to tell him when where and how the pain came to be. Will not go back to this money grubbing doctor.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

I went in recently due to severe migrains I was having. The staff was horrible! The doctor was great he took his time with me and ran several test blood test. I know im not there to see the staff but it would be nice if they were more pleasent.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I saw this MD in the emergency room and was very pleased with the care he provided. He did an emergenct endoscopy on me; was very knowledgeable with good technique. The follow up visit at this office was somewhat irritating as the staff was unable to locate the paperwork I brought in with me (history, copy of insurance card, new patient paperwork that had been faxed to me) and wanted me to re-do everything. I would definitely return to this MD because of the quality of medical care I received.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2009

Dr. Doug B. Haghighi's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Workers Comp