You may also like

Rate Dr. Gary M. Zartman

Dr. Gary M. Zartman's Ratings

Very intelligent, highly trained physician. Very thorough in preparing you for surgery.Had 2 hips done in less than 2 years. No problems. Stay was 2 nights for first surgery and one night for second hip surgery. No problems at all. I was in my early eighties at the time.Can't recommend him enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2863752].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I put up with a bad left hip for more then 4 yrs. The VA kept telling me there was nothing wrong with it. Finally after all of the National stuff going on in the VA hospitals, the Leb. VA finally let me go see Dr. Zartman. I have known the man for more then 20 yrs. and I knew how good he was. He spent about 3.5 hrs. repairing my Left hip and to say I feel better is a understatement. I trust this Dr. 100% and for hips I would say for anyone to go to any other Dr you would be crazy. And I am a nurse who use to work in the biggest local Hosp. in the OR so I know the good ones and the bad ones, and this guy stands alone as the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2791385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I had a total knee replacement in November. I took time choosing a Dr. and very pleased I chose Dr. Zartman. He explained that I could have a partial knee replacement but during surgery if it was deemed necessary, he would proceed with a total. I knew this before surgery so it was no surprise. My recovery period was astounding! I was walking without a cane in less than three weeks! I am now at the 7 weeks post surgery mark and feel that I can basically resume my normal activities.....pain free! Thank you, Dr. Zartman, for your expertise and your warm and encouraging personality. Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2668314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2015

I was very happy with my total hip replacement by Dr. Zartman. He used the less invasive surgery which required only a 4 inch incision. Recovery was short with very little pain. He has an excellent staff and everyone was friendly and courteous especially Dr. Zartman. I don't think you'll find a better surgeon than him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I was very pleased with my total hip replacement surgery performed by Dr. Zartman. He was recommended to me by friends and I was not let down. He made my experience as pleasant as possible. He listened to my concerns about the surgery and immediate recovery after in the hospital. I felt comfortable with him as he is very kind, personable, polite, knowledgeable, and understanding. In addition his staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I rated "punctuality" as a 4 because the office visits were not on time. They do have a sign in the office that states your appointment could be delayed. The other not so positive was the discharge process. It appeared there was a disconnect between the hospital and Dr. Zartman. I did get discharged on the date expected, but it was delayed by approximately 6 hrs. My experience is based on me being a 48 year old hip replacement patient in decent shape and not a lot of excessive weight. Kudos to Dr. Zartman and staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

"Best Hip Doctor around", very thorough, understanding and helpful. My total hip replacement has been a great success. Will definitely use him for any other hip and knee issues I have. Great bedside manor too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

Doctor Zartman performed hip replacement surgery on my left hip. I found Dr Zartman to be knowledgeable, helpful and an overall great surgeon. I would recommend Dr Zartman as an excellent surgeon. I would also recommend LOG as a very good group and Dr Zartman's assistant Dody Paulsen as extremely helpful. Also, Carolyn Maginnis was an excellent assistant to the surgeon. Overall, I had a great experience and would highly recommend this surgeon. Thank you -

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Finally broke down after 2 years of severe, debilitating pain and had hip replacement surgery. Had use Dr. Zartman for a right knee repair about 18 years ago with great success so I decided to use him again for my hip. Dr. Z and his staff were very professional and caring. Throughout the whole process and recovery period I had NO PAIN; I couldn't believe it! Things went so well that I was back at work in one month (surgery 1/2 RTW 2/4). I hadn't been able to walk 25 yards without severe pain and I am now totally pain free. This recovery may not be typical, I don't know. Dr. Z, his staff and LOG are 2 for 2 in my book. Hopefully I won't need their services again for a long time; but at least I know where I'm going if/when the time comes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2013

A very skilled and capable surgeon with a great manner of putting a person at ease. He did my left knee replacement. The right one was done by a different doc in a different hospital and there is no comparison. The healing was so much quicker, the pain much less and absolutely no bruising this time. I was seen an hour late for my appointment only once. Otherwise, office staff was very prompt and courteous and helpful. I would recommend this surgeon without hesitation. I think he is great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

I have had two hip surgeries in the last year and a half....was very impressed with Dr Zartman and his knowledge. I would recommend him for anyone with hip issues! He also has great staff working for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897256].votes_count ]]