Ratings for Dr. Kerry G. Schlecht

I had been a patient of Dr. Schlect's for about 3 years. I saw her once a year for my pap and once for an ablasion and another time for a D & C. Most recently, she performed a biopsy due to an abnormal pap. After insurance and my co-pay, I had a small balance due. In the mean time, my elderly mom, who had dementia, was having several issues (falls, behavioral). She later died, leaving me devastated. I received a few voice mails messages from office staff, reminding me of the balance due. To be honest, I could barely get out of bed or function, let alone return calls. When I finally started going through my mail, I found an incredibly rude letter from Dr. Schlect, telling me that she was discharging me as a patient, was refusing to continue to see me and I would need to find another doctor because I owed $122.28. I called the office and got VM. I told them (in tears) that my mom had died. They called back (twice) and left a message, telling me that they were "sorry for my loss" and that Dr. Schlecht WOULD continue to see me (as if she was doing me a big favor). I WILL NEVER go back there due to her lack of compassion. By the way, I had told her when I saw that I was struggling with depression due to my mom's illness. She apparently doesn't give a care about her patients.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Went in for a second opinion on hysterectomy. I gave her all of my blood work and other tests results (less than 2 weeks old) and she wanted to repeat them all. When all money is spent and said and done she has her staff call me with a diagnosis that I gave her on my first visit. I wanted treatment options! Now after my 5th appointment in less than 4 weeks I am out of patience. I arrive for appointments 15 minutes early and still sit in the waiting room up to 45 minutes each visit. The only good thing about this clinic is the ultrasound tech, who comes across as a genuine caring individual.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

The Drs office came recommended to us by friends. After our first visit we decided to go to another Dr. Even thou the DR's office ran my wife's insurance and verified stuff we have now received a notice that stuff was not covered. We brought it to the office's attention and we get told no. Sorry we can't fix the issue that we caused. Telling us that something that we are asking them to do and fix would deemed fraud. Translation we don't want to help you do here is our first line of defense. Now we have to fight it out with the insurance carrier who is telling us the the Dr's office should have known everything before we went. Do yourself and your wife a favor. Find another DR.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I've recently been seeing Dr. Schlecht. I arrived early for my first appointment only to be seen at least 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. The ladies who drew my blood and performed the ultrasound were very very caring. Dr. Schlecht has a fantastically calm demeanor but at the same time clearly does not care about her patients overall well being. I went in for an ultrasound and found out that I had miscarried at 8 weeks. I was devastated. The lady performing the ultrasound was very comforting. I must have cried for a good 30 minutes with her. She gave me hugs and offered very kind words of encouragement. I am very thankful for her. Dr. Schelecht was contacted many times to address the situation. When I was finally able to meet with Dr. Schlecht it was very brief 10 minutes or so. She said she was sorry but it was clearly insincere because she excused herself from the room at least three times within the 10 minutes. The story gets worst but...not enough characters

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

She is the best doctor I've ever been to! She and her staff are so nice and attentive. I had a c section and she was amazing. She kept me calm and did an amazing job! Plus my scar it's just a tiny thin line! I still go to her and she is incredibly helpful! She is the only one I want delivering my babies. She is amazing!!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. Schlect seems nice and smiles while she ignores your questions and concerns. She does not care to prescribe opioids for pain and although was performing a total hysterectomy, asked me to request pain medication from another physician not involved in this treatment. There is no reason a patient should come out of surgery screaming only to hear her surgeon refusing to treat and then leaving it up to other physicians in the hospital to order. My scar is awful. I had a C-Section years ago and I know what the scar should look like. It folds over on itself in 3 spots and is disfiguring. It took over a week to get back results from a URINE SAMPLE for suspected infection. Why?? There is a dipstick test with almost immediate results. I suffer one week, the test is negative and because it isn't infection, she pays it no mind. Now I find what appears to be string sticking out of my incision. Bottom line, the worst GYN I've encountered http://www.painandthelaw.org/aslme_content/29-1/furrow.pdf

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

Dr. Schlect was wonderful during my pregnancy. I loved going in and talking to her. She answered all of my questions and didnt make me feel unwelcome. Which some DR.s make you feel when you ask questions. She was able to answer all of them for me and my spouse.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr. Schlecht is great and I would highly recommend. She is knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. No comment on the staff at Caring for Women. She started her own practice and the staff is very helpful and friendly. New office North Scottsdale Women's Care 480-656-4840

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Very nice and has a calm reassuring demeanor. Felt she did a great job with our baby's delivery. Office visits were usually behind schedule at Caring for Women, but she opened her own practice now so that may change.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

Always takes forever to get through on the phone to make an appointment. Always a long wait 30+ min. Longest wait was 1 1/2 hour! She's smiles and seems friendly enough but is always a bit rushed. I never quite feel like she is listening to my questions and she seems a bit bothered to answer them (since she's in a hurry). Also, she left a really ugly scar from my C-section! Overall, I never warmed up to her and will be finding someone else to deliver my next baby.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Dr. Kerry G. Schlecht's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)