Ratings for Dr. William E. Royster

Possibly the doctor ever. Suffering from lyme disease for 8 years, told repeatedly a stiff neck, headache, constant fever, elevated WBC, swollen joints, tremor, fasciculation, autonomic dysfunction, hyperhidrosis, numbness, tingling are Subjective symptoms without further evidence for over 3 years when I was too poor to go specialists. From telling me lots of people work who are sick, only 15 mins for each patients, he can only "manage" my care, I come to his office too much,( ordered follow ups from ER), put me on blood pressure medication and antidepressants and gave me temporary impotence at 32-my hypertension was pain and anxiety not my heart. Let me suffer 2 years until medicaid covered specialists, and has refused to fill out any paperwork for any social programs. Being screened for leukemia every 3 months, and seeing top Infectious Disease Doctor in Area. While prior doctors frantically pull the crazy card on me to avoid accepting their gross negligence with Royster at the top.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I had an appmt. with this Dr Royster, I had a chest/lung xray done requested by Dr. Royster,at this time Dr Royster was my primary doctor, the visit was because I had a bad caugh, he prescribed caugh medicine, but never bother to check the chest/lung xray, the xray was filed away in the medical record section of his office,without him looked at the results. Months later I went to see my Ob-Gyn doctor for my annual check up,I had another bad caugh, my ob-gyn doctor requested a chest/lung xray, she discovered that I had a malignancy on my upper right lung, and I had to have a lobectomy to remove the malignancy which was approx. 3 mm, fortunately it was a slow growing malignancy, otherwise, my live would have been short lived. The ob-gyn Doctor requested the chest/lung xray from Dr Royster for comparison and it already showed the malignancy on the xray, which Dr Royster did not bother to address at my visit to him previously.Dr Royster is incompetent as a medical doctor.Beware,

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

Would not recommend him to anyone. Waited over an hr and wasted my time seeing him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

Dr Royster is a wonderful doctor, his staff however, is another topic. I once needed a call back from him and 3 days, yes, 3 days later his nurse admitted she forgot to give him the message!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Dr. Royster has impressed me many times with his compassion and time spent with me. One instance holds a special spot for me - in 2008 I was experiencing numbness on the left side of my body. He was very concerned and performed many strength and balance tests with me. He knew something was not right and wanted to get me scheduled for an CT immediately. So I did the CT and then that same night was called to do an MRI because something was seen. The very next morning he called my home informing me that he is nearly 100% sure that I have MS. He set me up with a neurologist and then stayed on the phone with me explaining this disease, sent me brochures and even wanted one of his staff members to contact me because her husband has MS also. He is a great people person and I am so very glad he is my doctor. Thanks Dr. Royster!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Did not take the time to approve a med refill even though he was called several times.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Not just a good doctor, a good man who fears God and loves his fellow man.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

The reason he's not perfectly punctual is that he is willing to give his patient time that he/she needs to answer their questions. Writes prescriptions and also believes in the use of diet, exercise, and some herbals to manage the patient's all around good health. An excellent, patient, caring doctor. His staff are very friendly and helpful, too. Five years ago I moved 25 miles away to care for my aged parents, but have continued having Dr. Royster as my primary care physician......even at the price of gasoline. Thank you for this chance to support him and his staff. May God continue to bless you, Dr. Bill!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008