Ratings for Dr. James H. Hays

I really like Dr. Hays. His is very knowledgeable and friendly. His office gets busy, so I try to schedule my appointments either first thing in the morning, or immediately after lunch. I have noticed the last few appointments have been on time, but in the past that was a big problem.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Hays is a very pleasant, and very professional. I am prediabetic and have low thyroid levels. Took time checking me. He is also a Certified Clinical Nutritionist which I think is a plus! He takes care of my husband who is diabetic. We are happy with him. There's room for improvement as far as his staff goes. His office is also quite convenient. Try to communicate your concerns with everyone, so you too can have better experience. Good luck. I give Dr. Hays 4+*; his staff 3*.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

All I can say is the staff , and the manager are VERY rude. I have delt with them 5 times and every time they were rude. Dr Hays never returns calls have had to call 3x's and 4 days to find out lab work. My PCP called me to tell me results were in and he didn't even order the labs! Find another Dr . I know we will.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

I am very unhappy with this doctor. He doesn't seem to even remember my appointments with him. Last time I was there he asked me who put me on thyroid medication, and it was him! He also told me he had a sure fire diet plan, but when I asked about it, he told me I wasn't ready for it. Complete kook!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2012

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

He is by far the worst doctor I have had and I have seen a few. He is rude and arrogant and just doesn't care about his patients. His staff are not friendly either. I had lab work done and was told it would take 24 hrs for him to get the results. The lab sent it out that day and I even got my copy only 2 days later. I called the doctor and was told they didn't have it yet. Which obviously was a lie since I got my copy from the lab very quick. Turns out they did get it but he didn't look at it. For almost 2 weeks now I been told the same thing, that he will look at it and they will call in a new prescription but I ran out of meds and still he hasn't look at the results and they didn't call in my meds. Do not go with this doctor, I repeat, do not go with this doctor!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

I waited 1 hour and 15 min. for a follow-up appointment while I watched 3 pharmaceutical reps go in before me. No one ever approached me to apologize for the wait or ask if I needed to reschedule. They seemed shocked when I walked up and told them I had been waiting for over an hour and was leaving. They even asked me my name even though it was on the sign-in sheet. I will not go back and do not recommend this clown to anyone. His bedside manner is dreadful, too.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

I have never had a worse experience in my life. I came into his office with an ultrasound showing 6 nodules on my thyroid and unexplained dramatic weight loss. He told me he wanted a note from my therapist to get her take on my weight loss. Insinuating I DID THIS TO MYSELF! Then he diagnosed me with carpal tunnel, which has nothing to do with the potentially cancerous nodules on my neck!!!! Worst doctor ever!!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Dr. James H. Hays's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wilmington, DE