Ratings for Dr. Andrew E. Wakefield

Have had 4 surgeries with Dr. Wakefield. Would not let anyone else touch my spine!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Doctor Wakefield came highly recommended. I called his office during normal business hours only to leave a message with my info, asking to schedule an appointment. After a day and half passed and nobody called me back, I called again. I spoke to his rude, unapologetic receptionist who put me on hold a couple of times, to return to tell me he's not interested in helping me and why don't I go back to the doctor who did the failed spinal fusion surgery to begin with? Or to the doctor who recommended him? I was upset, seeing I've been suffering for a year and a half and just want help, but after the way they treated me and reading a few of his reviews, I am relieved I didn't end up going there. I've dealt with enough pain. There are better doctors with compassion and that truly care about people.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Several neck and back surgeries. Takes time to listen and explains choices. I would recommend Dr Wakefield for any needed surgery. Very friendly and helpful staff

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Went to him years ago. Rude, dismissive , said he didn't know what he could do because of multiple issues . Clearly out of his league- go to more experienced , better qualified surgeons- dismiss him.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Although some people have left positive comments I would like to suggest he obviously picks and chooses who he wants to help. He is very dismissive and doesn't take in account and actually ask patient for symptoms. He didn't even spend more than 2 mins with me and didn't even examine me. He said that it was a muscle that was twisted in my back! lol and also he lied and said he saw all he needed to see on mri when the mri was unsuccessful do to being in only 3 mins opposed to the usual time of 30 mins at least!! afterwards I talked to radiology saying he never even saw the mri!!! So would a competent doctor say its a twisted muscle without examining and without seeing an mri? This intelligent doctor couldn't see the 5 levels of herniated broad based discs with stenosis and permanent nerve damage even though myself with no training could point it out very easily.... and his comment was I am not young anymore.... waste of time and should not be a doctor!! I have to wonder why people like him become a doctor!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I have been a patient since 1/2012 and find Dr. Wakefield and his entire staff very competent and helpful. Looks to help the patient and not simply perform surgery. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr Wakefield and his staff are by far the best around I've had neck surgery and back surgery the back on may 12 2015 the neck 2003 he is not only a great surgeon he is also a great person who cares about his patients everything post open he told me to do I did and I wouldn't trust ANYONE ELSE I went to 3 different surgeons before I met doctor Wakefield I left his office like I knew him twenty years and half of the posts here were written by crybabies I have three friends and a wife that swear by him Dr Wakefield p.a Sean Brennan And p.a Lauren Swarynsky and the rest of the office staff are hands down THE BEST

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Made appt with Dr. Wakefield. Waited 2 months, got there only to find out I was seeing the P.A., Sean, and not the Dr. Sean was rude and condescending. Since I was there, I stayed to see what Sean had to say. He ordered more tests for me and said when I come back after the tests I would see Dr. Wakefield. Waited another 2 months. The day before my appt with the doctor, they called to confirm my appt and I asked if my appt was with the doctor and I was told no, that I was seeing the P.A. again!!! I was so upset I could not talk so my husband took the phone demanding to know why I could not see the doctor and asked for Sean to call us back. When I called to confirm my appt time, Sean got on the phone and was so rude to me. He told me my appt was cancelled. I was crying and begging him not to cancel my appt, that I just wanted someone to help me. He again said my appt was cancelled and he hung the phone up on me. I have never been treated so rudely by a physician's office in my life. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the AMA and the CT Medical Association. Saw another doctor and he was wonderful. Told me I needed 2 discs fused. Did not push me. Told me to think about it. Actually got to see the doctor and not a P.A. I would NEVER recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr Wakefield and staff were all wonderful. I had a back fusion and it has changed my life. I went in with questions and worries and both Dr. . Wakefield and Sean answered anything I asked. They took plenty of time with me and I didn't ever feel rushed. The most difficult part of the surgery was the brace I wore for 6 weeks . It was no doubt uncomfortable, but worth it. You need to listen to what they tell you to do and do it. I walked everyday for a minimum of 30 minutes, if not more after my surgery. I couldn't be happier and it's the best I've felt in years. I was off any pain pills (narcotics) after my first week and took extra strength Tylenol instead. I would never go to anyone BUT Dr. Wakefield for something as serious as spine/back issues. You need to trust and have complete faith in your doctor and I did. Very happy with the outcome!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Wakefield in Windsor for intense neck and upper back pain. I got pawned off on this incompetent nurse (Annette Eppler), and never even met the doctor. After wasting three months of my time, and a few thousand dollars, she told me that there was nothing wrong with me and that I should go for walks. I have since discovered via more comprehensive x-rays, and a competent professional that I have several disc issues. Do not waste your time or money in this office.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Dr. Andrew E. Wakefield's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal