Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Robinson

I really don't like leaving negative reviews. With the state of insurance these days I know it's difficult to switch specialist. This man treated me as if I was seeking meds, he truly doesn't care. Pror to surgery I haven't had a pain med in over a decade. Never met a dr before who didn't seem to like his patients. One should consider another dr as this one is a bit off.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Waste of time and money!! His dr doesn't care nor does he try to pretend too. Long 2 plus hour wait, rude act like they are doing u a favor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Very long wait time both in the lobby and in the room. About 3.5 hours total. Did not revive any guidance about what to do to improve my condition. Considering the aggressive physical exam, I left the office worse then then when I came. I just wanted exercises or stretches or physical therapy to improve my condision. I got nothing but a quick evaluation with no answers. If you need help, find someone else. This man will not help you. He will just take your money.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Took me weeks to get an appointment. There was a 3 hours wait. Once inside, he mocked my primary doctor whom have I been with for several years. He ridiculed me as a patient. Despite telling me that the treatment my primary MD recommended and the self care treatments I was preforming were both wrong, he offered no guidance as to what would be the correct form of treatment. Then he had the audacity to recommend a second office visit. I explained that I was not sure what I was to do between now and then. He then said to talk to my primary MD. This was strange as just moments prior he said that my primary did not know what he was doing. I then asked what we would discuss at the next office visit and he told me that he did not care if I came back. This man is extremely pretentious and does not care in the slightest for his patients. The whole situation is extremely tragic. Do not waste you time with this man.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

This man was was lazy and ignorant. Knew nothing about my condition and did not care to listen to me, my referring doctor, or look anything up on his own. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

This doctor should be reported to the medical ethics committee in his jurisdiction. He ignores requests to explore and remedy problems as well as threaten you with comments like "I'll give you this new medicine, but if it doesn't work, I'm no writing you another script until I see you next month". Are you kidding me? He keeps you waiting for over an hour and offers no apology. He's as arrogant as they come with that typical holier than though mentality! He doesn't listen very well and literally spends a few minutes with you, as if you are just another number. I've changed doctors and found the new doctor to be a breath of fresh air. See dr. Robinson if you want to be aggregated, ignored, and not cared for properly. And some of his front desk people are not the brightest people you will have to deal with.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

I strongly advise against seeing this doctor. I have never been treated so poorly by a medical provider. I have had several visits with Dr. Robinson. At first I was disappointed by the 45 plus wait time to see the doctor. Given the wait, I had my hopes for a decent physician. Unfortunately, I was severely disappointed. The doctor’s arrogance was only paralleled by his lack of knowledge and rudeness. Each visit was only a few minutes long despite me trying to learn more about my condition. He either ignored or was unable to answer my questions. On one occasion, he even left in the room while I was still talking. I followed him out of the room and repeated my question again. He looked at me, turned his back, and walked away. I could never recommend this physician to anyone. Should you choose to see him I hope you have a better experience than I did.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Dr. Robinson is kind,compentent and great at follow through. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008

Dr. Michael D. Robinson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Robinson, a native of Bergen County, New Jersey, is a graduate of Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts. He trained in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. and served as a Major in the U.S. Army Medical Corps during the Gulf War, Somalian, and Bosnian campaigns. He is the former assistant chief of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation service at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Dr. Robinson is one of the first physiatrists in the country to achieve triple board certification. He is the author of several book chapters on the subject of peripheral nerve injuries and the treatment of neuropathic pain. Dr. Robinson has developed an expertise in the non-surgical management of musculoskeletal disorders, with a particular focus on the treatment of neck and low back pain. He has lectured nationally and has served as an examiner for the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.

• English

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

• Top Doctors: New York Metro Area