Ratings for Dr. Tahira Jiwani

I have Dr Tahira Jiwani to thank for giving me back my life. After struggling with active inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis) and other autoimmune symptoms for over a century, I have finally reached remission from a very debilitating disease thanks to her advice. I have seen some of the top gastroenterologists and rheumatologists in my area to keep my disease process "under control" and have taken everything pharmaceutically possible to keep my symptoms manageable. After failing all treatments, and as a last resort, I was fortunate enough to have met with Dr Jiwani. She advised me of the dietary changes I was to make based on my food allergy testing and suggested some supplements to help my body reach optimal health and healing. She was very knowledgeable and offered great suggestions to help with the dietary changes. After just one short month of following her suggestions, I was feeling much better. Within the second month, I was able to say goodbye to all of my former medications completely (including some very ugly side effects from my medication). My symptoms are gone and my specialists are amazed. I commend Dr Jiwani for her dedication to her practice. She is very reasonable in her fees and the supplements she recommends are superior quality. I really appreciate the extra time she takes to explain the science behind her naturopathic advice. Having a naturopath that fought to gain control over her own autoimmune symptoms is a added bonus as well. She is very caring and supportive. I would not hesitate to refer anyone who is experiencing their own personal health struggles to Dr Jiwani. I strongly recommend her for TRUE health care.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Jiwani now for about 13 years now. I have been through several different health issues with Dr Jiwani over the years and have found her and the staff very caring and helpful. I find that Dr Jiwani and staff always make me feel welcome and glad to see me regardless if they are having a busy day. I have never felt rushed threw an appointment or my health issues are not important. I have not always followed the program as I should and Dr Jiwani is always there encouraging me regardless. Dr Jiwani is someone I can always be truthful with and easy to talk to regardless if I've been doing what I should or if I've had a bad month. Dr Jiwani's shares her knowledge freely and her suggestions I find are easy to follow, if I follow them. The supplements are of the best quality and do make a big difference in my continued effort to a healthy lifestyle. The supplements and dietary changes stayed off my onset of diabetes for 10 years before I had to go on prescription medications and that's a big deal for me. Over the years my health has been spotty and when I have been sick I can always get an appointment in a rush to get what I need to get over whatever has hit me. She offers a variety of treatments that have been very helpful to my all round health. I would and have recommended Dr Jiwani to family and friends. I have every intention to continue to see Dr Jiwani and look forward to my continued health and the fabulous support from her and the staff. Thank you for everything Dr Jiwani and Surge. Julie C

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue syndrome and told here are some pills have a nice life by my doctor/specialist. Dr Jiwani helped me get most of my energy back after just a month of the diet and recommendations. I didn't do very well on the drink water for 6 weeks while waiting for my blood tests. For the people complaining about free consultation coasting money. I went in told her what was happening she recommended I take the allergy test and had some supplements she would like me to take. I said I would like to think about it and save up some money. I walked out and didn't pay a dime. If you expect to get products and services for free call around. Her rates are fair for her actual time and the supplements are well priced. You even pay your own doctor when you visit them with your tax dollars hello people and get much crappier service. I struggled with the diet as it was quite strict but I felt better so I knew I could heal. I'm young at 33 so it's worth it. Due to my busy summer I wasn't able to meet with her for questions and emailed her many times with questions about my diet and she always responded with in two days or less. She explained about what and why of her recommendations. As for people saying she was not very sympathetic or such she is not a mental health Doctor she is body fixing Doctor. She was professional and warm enough. I recommend her to anyone who complains about their health. I'm looking forward to having my energy, not losing my hair and keeping off the weight I lost so far 10 lbs

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Oh mon dieu. Dr. Jiweni c'est magnifient. Je suffirent de un condition de d├ępression et anxiety. Dr. Jiwani m'aide beaucoup. J'adore cette docteur.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr,Jiwani est une excellente docteur. Elle sait de quoi elle parle et elle est tres professionnelle. Elle reussit a soulager tous les types de maux q'une personne peut avoir. Elle reussit la ou les medecins echouent souvent. Elle est facile a approcher et a parler. Elle prend le temps d'ecouter ses patients et leur donne de bons conseils tres efficaces. Les supplements qu'elle donne sont bien etudies et bien doses. Si vous souffrez de quoique se soit allez- y la voir, vous n'allez pas le regreter, parole de scoute!!!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Dr. Tahira Jiwani is a true professional. She is knowledgeable, has a calming demeanor, and is easy to talk to. If you are a patient of hers, you are truly in good hands. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition many years ago, and exhausted all treatments with pharmaceutical medications from my doctors and specialists. These treatments included steroids, immunosuppressants, and biologic response modifiers that came with very minimal results and scary side effects. Wanting to take my treatment in a different direction, I started seeing Dr. Jiwani in October of last year. I left my first consultation feeling like I had finally taken control of my health, and I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Dr Jiwani asked me questions that my doctors and specialists never had. The compassion and understanding that I continually feel from her is extremely genuine. She is so supportive. I trust her with my health 100%. With diet changes and natural supplements, I have been able to control my health and my symptoms of disease have completely disappeared. It is incredible! I have been able to remove all of my past pharmaceutical medications completely. My specialist are very happy with the results too. Dr. Jiwani has superior supplements at a very reasonable cost. I am so thankful for her and her treatments. She has pushed me to live a much healthier life, which on its own, has proven beneficial. Dr Jiwani was able to create a treatment plan that fit my lifestyle, and even goes the extra mile to help you find recipes that fit your dietary restrictions. She is everything I could have hoped for in a Naturopathic Doctor. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone struggling to achieve health. I echo every positive comment that people have posted on here. ~Abby

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I went to see Dr. Jiwani a few years ago due to chronic shoulder pain. My GP told me I had "50 shoulder" and I should exercise by walking my fingers up a wall. I went to physio, massage therapy and acupuncture all with limited results. I didn't go for cortisone shots as I had heard from many people that the results were temporary. However, my shoulder pain was waking me up at night it was so bad. During the day, I started taking Tylenol by 3 in the afternoon, as I couldn't concentrate. It was taking me a long time to get dressed in the morning and I couldn't stretch to reach into the back seat of the car. I even had to stop going to yoga. The mobility in my arm was greatly decreased. Determined not to live with chronic pain at barely 50 years old, I saw Dr. Jiwani who told me my joint pain was likely due to inflammation caused by food allergies. As others have commented below, I got the blood test (which my Extended Medical Plan covered) and followed her dietary recommendations: 3 litres of water a day, no caffeine, no alcohol, no pop, juice etc. for the first 6 weeks. This was right before Christmas so it was a huge adjustment in our holiday eating !! Of course, it is not easy to make these changes, but within a couple of months my pain was gone. This was a few years ago and it has not come back. I also made big changes in my diet to avoid the foods identified in the blood test. In my case, both my parents have allergies so it's not surprising that I do too. Mine were just not diagnosed. My husband also went to see Dr. Jiwani and his health has greatly improved. Both of us were susceptible to getting colds and the flu at least once a year. I frequently had a sore throat. Now we rarely get colds and our immune system is a lot stronger. We buy the recommended supplements which do add up but we both feel much better. I have recommended Dr. Jiwani to many friends and family members. -- Ellen, Nov. 2015

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Jiwani transformed my life! Before I saw her I suspected that I had food allergies, but regular "scratch tests" from specialists had just turned up "grasses and trees". After she had a real blood test done on me for food allergies (not like some other hokey-pokey tests I had done with previous naturopaths) it turned out I had a host of them -- some I was born with and some I had acquired over the years. I had about 10 years of serious GI problems and had endured some very intrusive, unpleasant tests (colonoscopy, anyone?) only to be finally told by all the specialists I saw that I had IBS, would have to take medication the rest of my life, and would have to just put up with ongoing GI discomfort and dysfunction. After Dr. Jiwani explained to me the science of allergic response, I realized I had been literally putting poison into my body many times a day, every day, for years. This, in spite of the fact I that thought I was eating "health food" the whole time! Under Dr. Jiwani's guidance and coaching (and by the way, I've always found her to be warm and caring, as well as very professional, respectful, and ethical) my GI symptoms went away completely! No more meds, no more IBS diagnosis! My family doctor was amazed. Since then I've never looked back, my energy level went up, my weight went down, I became lean and muscular, slept better, had a better complexion, and had better sex! Dr. Jiwani's supplements healed the long-term effects of eating "poison" for years that had ravaged my GI tract. No more discomfort or distress! The cost of all the life-changing help that Dr. Jiwani provided was very reasonable and less than other NDs I had been to (who hadn't helped me at all). I also came to realize that her supplements are very potent and effective and that she has spent years perfecting their formulas. I recommend Dr. Jiwani heartily and without reservation to anyone seeking better health through non-mainstream medicine. She is effective, affordable, and really nice to work with. Three cheers for Dr. Jiwani!!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Found her knowledgeable and I do like her supplements. But found her detached and not very caring. Never asked how I was doing. When I went to her I was actually suicidal. My GP who is not the best doctor at least is compassionate. And concerned. Six weeks to wait for blood test and in that time I did so much research I sort of knew I had leaky gut which caused my chronic hives and eczema. However I'm desperate and still going to her even though I can't afford it. Good health is for the rich.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Dr Jiwani is incredible... I went to her over a year ago as I was suffering with incredible muscle pain, weakness, fatigue for over 14 years after I was misdiagnosed with Fibromyalga, as a result of a bdad car accident when I was 30 Yrs Old. After seeing Dr Jiwani she was able to identify that I had Yeast in the Blood which caused Hypo Thyroidism & Anemia... after seeing her for over a year now I am on my way to recovery and I'm finally getting my life back. For once I had a Doctor who was helping me get to the root of what was causing my illness as well as helping me to be healed. If your are suffering with sickness with no answer to be found don't give up, Dr Jiwani does know what she is doing and if you really want to get well go see Dr Jiwani and she will help you to recover. She is the real thing, Don'l let negative ratings stop you from getting well, her Supplements are of the Purest Form and will help your body to heal. Take Care, Bonnie W.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Tahira Jiwani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

MSP/BC Med