Dr. Tahira Jiwani

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tahira Jiwani

Dr. Tahira Jiwani is a true professional. She is knowledgeable, has a calming demeanor, and is easy to talk to. If you are a patient of hers, you are truly in good hands. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition many years ago, and exhausted all treatments with pharmaceutical medications from my doctors and specialists. These treatments included steroids, immunosuppressants, and biologic response modifiers that came with very minimal results and scary side effects. Wanting to take my treatment in a different direction, I started seeing Dr. Jiwani in October of last year. I left my first consultation feeling like I had finally taken control of my health, and I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Dr Jiwani asked me questions that my doctors and specialists never had. The compassion and understanding that I continually feel from her is extremely genuine. She is so supportive. I trust her with my health 100%. With diet changes and natural supplements, I have been able to control my health and my symptoms of disease have completely disappeared. It is incredible! I have been able to remove all of my past pharmaceutical medications completely. My specialist are very happy with the results too. Dr. Jiwani has superior supplements at a very reasonable cost. I am so thankful for her and her treatments. She has pushed me to live a much healthier life, which on its own, has proven beneficial. Dr Jiwani was able to create a treatment plan that fit my lifestyle, and even goes the extra mile to help you find recipes that fit your dietary restrictions. She is everything I could have hoped for in a Naturopathic Doctor. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone struggling to achieve health. I echo every positive comment that people have posted on here. ~Abby

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I saw Dr. Jiwani for my painful arthritis and an ulcer from all the painkillers I’ve taken over the years. My specialist had me taking a cancer drug that hardly worked. Dr. Jiwani has the ability to combine efficiency with accuracy and compassion. I have spent thousands seeing other health professionals to no effect. I was demoralized and discouraged to feel so broken when a friend who had wonderful success with Dr. Jiwani insisted I try the natural route just one more time but at no cost. I spent about 30 minutes with her at no charge and she went through my whole health, symptoms, history, diagnosis, drugs and pages of tests completely. When we were finished I knew I’d found myself to be in capable hands. I felt listened to and understood as she had also experienced arthritis, treating herself successfully. I was inspired and justified when my pain reduced dramatically after her treatment plan. I’ve learnt about my body, it’s healing ability, why it can’t heal, and how we can fix it. It’s been a year and my specialist is impressed with my labs and improvement.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

I was impressed with my first visit seeing Dr. Jiwani as she is very knowledgeable & empathetic. I left feeling confident and hopeful that I was on the right track. In fact, her review of my prescriptions found drug interactions that were causing some of my symptoms. I am now feeling incredible, working with her towards weaning off my drugs as my blood sugar is now normal and my blood pressure is healthy. She takes the time to describe the workings of the body with funny and easy explanations. Dr. Jiwani custom designed handouts for me outlining my treatment plan. She even reviewed how to cook, given my health issues. I’m a diabetic for a reason as I love my sweets. She sent me to her website for dessert recipes like brownies and cookies that were healthy. It allows me to be successful with my healthy lifestyle as I don't feel deprived. She even shared how to order a healthy alcoholic drink for my vacation and for rare events, LOL. I’ve seen a lot of health practitioners including medical, naturopaths and an ayurvedic. I'm happy to write this review as Dr. Jiwani is the first doctor that allowed me to get healthy while conforming to the lifestyle that I want while suffering from diabetes. Although it is difficult at times, as I’ve learnt that even a healthy brownie can be a bad brownie if there's too many;) What I feel is, the comfort of when I see her to discuss those moments of weakness, she helps me find the healthy path at the fork in the road. I always leave feeling inspired and rejuvenated mentally to continue in my health quest. Even my cynical husband has finally caved and is excited to see her for his health & weight issues.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I was having multiple bowel movements up to 10x a day with blood. I went to the doctor but all my tests came back normal and no one knew what to do. My doc prescribed prednisone steroids to suppress my symptoms but that didn’t help that much. I told Dr. Jiwani my symptoms crying as I recounted my health issues. I was frustrated and exhausted, feeling hopeless. I liked the way Dr. Jiwani took charge and confidently explained what she felt was happening and how she was going to help me. The supplements she prescribed were nothing short of amazing as my symptoms were under control before I’d even changed my diet. Its three months later and I am symptom free, drug free and feeling much better not just with my bowels but I’ve got my energy & groove back and lost some stubborn weight too. All my friends and family have noticed my health changes, exclaiming how younger and lighter I look. I am a walking billboard for how Dr. Jiwani can help, and tell anyone who will listen! I am very thankful to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Jiwani is amazing! I was so distraught as no one knew why I was so sick, when regular tests showed I was healthy. I even tried a few doctors with no success. Dr. Jiwani found the root causes of my symptoms and affordable treatments gave me health within a few months. She is smart, thorough and genuinely cares for her patients. She’s even accessible by email when I need support or have questions. I have referred many a happy friend who are all thrilled with their health changes from working with Dr. Jiwani.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr. Jiwani has changed my life! I went to many doctors and specialists, and they all said that my bowel issues, constant tiredness and poor sleep was a normal course of life. They prescribed some medications that did not work, and caused more side effects including severe constipation and weight gain. After complaining constantly to my coworkers about my health, one of my friends told me about her success with Dr. Jiwani. I didn't know much about naturopaths, but I decided to see her as she offered a free first visit. With a lot to gain, and little to lose, I made an appointment. During my visit, I felt very comfortable with her, excited as she outlined a detailed game plan which encouraged me after 10 years of being ignored by doctors. She was charming, thorough with my health history and very informative, using easy comparisons to explain how we would treat the causes of my symptoms, rather than the symptoms themselves. She empowered me by providing handouts personalized to me, a booklet and explained how to take care of my health. After just three months, my bowels had improved, I was much more energized, motivated and happy. I am off most of my medications and I’ve even lost 20 lbs so far. I highly recommend this very affordable doctor and I have recommended her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I’ve been seeing Dr. Jiwani regularly for the past 6 or so years. Leading up to making the choice to starting seeing her my health had deteriorated to a very scary point. At the age of 25 I was suffering from an un diagnosed case of hypo thyroidism, was living in a house with toxic black mold, had a horrible diet and was suffering from the effects of trying to get off an anti seizer drug called Tegretol. A drug I had been on for many many years longer then I was suppose to be, at the suggestion of my family doctor at the time. He was completely un informed and incompetent to the long term effects of the drug and what it takes to get off of it. Anyway that’s another story for another time… Some days I felt like I was on deaths door. Due to all the previous issues I mentioned I was suffering from many debilitating symptoms such as Irritability, extreme fatigue, anxiety attacks, OCD and cronic inflammation to name a few. I had involuntarily lost around 65LBS in under a month and felt I was withering away. I had never experienced anything like this before. My whole life I was fit and in great mental and physical health. I was recommended to DrJiwani from a friend. I will never forget one of the things she said to me during our first appointment. She said ‘’ The mind and body can heal itself, you just have to give it time and the right stuff so it can do it’s job’’… Something like that anyway!! lol.. That day was the beginning of getting my life back. Today, with the help of Dr. Jiwani I have nearly completely healed my thyroid, become epilepsy medication free and free of all of the horrible symptoms I was experiencing before. She’s a wizard! Her supplements are some of the best on the planet (I have done the research). Everyone at the office is amazing. I feel very strongly that I might not be alive without Dr. Jiwani and the work she does. I highly encourage anyone who is of feeling like crap or anyone who wants to take their health and nutrition to the next level to see her. Or just anyone in general for that matter. If your typical doctor was like Dr. Jiwani. The world would be a much different place! Cheers

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I came to Dr. Jiwani in winter of 2012. I was suffering with several health issues and had symptoms of anxiety, depression, skin rashes, food allergies, headaches, digestive issues, amenorrhea, and joint pain, to name a few. After many trips to GP offices searching for answers, only to be turned away or told there doesn't seem to be anything wrong so there is nothing we can do, a close friend recommended Dr. Jiwani to me. When the consultation came, it was one of the first times I felt that I was truly being listened to and someone understood what I was going through. Not only that, but I felt as if I finally had found answers and solutions. One of the stand out things about Dr. Jiwani and the way she practices is she takes a science-based approach to natural medicine and is so diligent, thorough, and dedicated to her research and her patients. With her guidance, support, and extensive training, she created a plan for me that was based on my specific body that looked at the root cause and not just treating the symptoms. I've been able to overcome so many symptoms I thought I would have to live the rest of my life with. It's been 4 years and I still continue to see Dr. Jiwani and feel so much better than I ever did before. Her office manager Serg is always friendly and a pleasure to deal with. If you are searching for answers, dealing with symptoms, or generally not feeling your best, I can't recommend Dr. Jiwani enough!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Jiwani has changed my life! During my initial free visit, she listened to me and provided a thorough game plan. It was encouraging after 10 years of being told I was fine by doctors. I was suffering from depression, poor sleep, irritable bowel, heavy periods plus I couldn’t lose weight no matter how I ate & exercised. My diet review was intensely informative and outlined clearly on customized handouts I was given. She is quick to answer my questions and overall I found it quite inexpensive. I found Dr. Jiwani witty and fun with easy analogies to help me understand my health. She is always there for me when I was discouraged with my health, which has helped me persist to success. Even questions via email were answered during the middle of the night so I always felt supported in my health journey. When I brought my children in, the anxious one was scared of the treatment, and Dr. Jiwani sang a song with my child to calm her down, which I found touching. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Thanks to Dr. Jiwani's experience and affordability I have overcome my autoimmune baldness, that caused complete hair loss on my head and parts of my body. My specialist offered no hope but steroid injections without promise. I've got more energy and lost some weight too. Dr. Jiwani is caring and compassionate. I've been to another naturopath before, and in comparison everything was much more affordable, surprising since she has 20 years experience.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Tahira Jiwani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients