Ratings for Dr. Tahira Jiwani

I have Dr Tahira Jiwani to thank for giving me back my life. After struggling with active inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis) and other autoimmune symptoms for over a century, I have finally reached remission from a very debilitating disease thanks to her advice. I have seen some of the top gastroenterologists and rheumatologists in my area to keep my disease process "under control" and have taken everything pharmaceutically possible to keep my symptoms manageable. After failing all treatments, and as a last resort, I was fortunate enough to have met with Dr Jiwani. She advised me of the dietary changes I was to make based on my food allergy testing and suggested some supplements to help my body reach optimal health and healing. She was very knowledgeable and offered great suggestions to help with the dietary changes. After just one short month of following her suggestions, I was feeling much better. Within the second month, I was able to say goodbye to all of my former medications completely (including some very ugly side effects from my medication). My symptoms are gone and my specialists are amazed. I commend Dr Jiwani for her dedication to her practice. She is very reasonable in her fees and the supplements she recommends are superior quality. I really appreciate the extra time she takes to explain the science behind her naturopathic advice. Having a naturopath that fought to gain control over her own autoimmune symptoms is a added bonus as well. She is very caring and supportive. I would not hesitate to refer anyone who is experiencing their own personal health struggles to Dr Jiwani. I strongly recommend her for TRUE health care.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Jiwani has changed my life! During my initial free visit, she listened to me and provided a thorough game plan. It was encouraging after 10 years of being told I was fine by doctors. I was suffering from depression, poor sleep, irritable bowel, heavy periods plus I couldn’t lose weight no matter how I ate & exercised. My diet review was intensely informative and outlined clearly on customized handouts I was given. She is quick to answer my questions and overall I found it quite inexpensive. I found Dr. Jiwani witty and fun with easy analogies to help me understand my health. She is always there for me when I was discouraged with my health, which has helped me persist to success. Even questions via email were answered during the middle of the night so I always felt supported in my health journey. When I brought my children in, the anxious one was scared of the treatment, and Dr. Jiwani sang a song with my child to calm her down, which I found touching. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Thanks to Dr. Jiwani's experience and affordability I have overcome my autoimmune baldness, that caused complete hair loss on my head and parts of my body. My specialist offered no hope but steroid injections without promise. I've got more energy and lost some weight too. Dr. Jiwani is caring and compassionate. I've been to another naturopath before, and in comparison everything was much more affordable, surprising since she has 20 years experience.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Jiwani, can't tell you how much you helped me to overcome all my health issues since we met in 2009. I came to you on my husband's and friend's recommendation with extreme abdominal pain and endometriosis issues and in 2 months you did a miracle. But I know I was also a good listener. I listened to what I needed to do, what to avoid and what to take. I learned that you and all your medicines can only help if I do my part of the healing process. When I got septicimia/endocardities because of a dental process gone bad...you helped me recover without spending weeks in a hospital. And yes, I "fell off the wagon" several times and you gently reminded me that if I don't want my health issues to come back and save my money, "stick with the plan". I appreciate that you didn't give up on me and how much you care. And I learned so much from you! Not just helping myself but also my family. My children did not get any antibiotics for years! They're growing like weeds and healthy! I don't have to run with my daughter to the ER with stomach pains and I know what to give/and not give to my son who has nasal congestion issues. I saved so much time and so much stress regarding health issues because of you! Forever a huge fan!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

When I first met Dr. Jiwani I found her demeanor to be hard to deal with, she was very matter-of-fact and didn't seem to have much compassion. Dr. Jiwani is very knowledgeable and what she told me seemed to make sense however I found the cost of her recommendations for treatment to be expensive and I had no idea how to compare things to traditional medicine. Also, I was skeptical having no experience with naturopathies and she seemed to be a bit of a know-it-all. I had some health concerns and went to her a couple of times and didn't really think we could relate well so I didn't continue to go to her. A couple of years later I had stomach problems that would cause pain when I ate pretty much anything and doctors didn't really help so I went back to Dr. Jiwani with an open mind because I knew she that she knew what she was talking about. I am so glad I did, what I realized is Dr. Jiwani doesn't let you make excuses or not take responsibility for your health, if you want to get better then you have to cut things from your diet that make you sick, take supplements that will help your body fix its self. If you do that then you will find she is actually a kind and caring doctor who really will help you. She is very busy and so still gets right to the point which I understand and appreciate now. I am healed and feeling great! I can eat pretty much anything and it doesn't bother my stomach. Dr. Jiwani has helped me and many of my friends heal as I highly recommended her to them.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I came to Dr. Jiwani in winter of 2012. I was suffering with several health issues and had symptoms of anxiety, depression, skin rashes, food allergies, headaches, digestive issues, amenorrhea, and joint pain, to name a few. After many trips to GP offices searching for answers, only to be turned away or told there doesn't seem to be anything wrong so there is nothing we can do, a close friend recommended Dr. Jiwani to me. When the consultation came, it was one of the first times I felt that I was truly being listened to and someone understood what I was going through. Not only that, but I felt as if I finally had found answers and solutions. One of the stand out things about Dr. Jiwani and the way she practices is she takes a science-based approach to natural medicine and is so diligent, thorough, and dedicated to her research and her patients. With her guidance, support, and extensive training, she created a plan for me that was based on my specific body that looked at the root cause and not just treating the symptoms. I've been able to overcome so many symptoms I thought I would have to live the rest of my life with. It's been 4 years and I still continue to see Dr. Jiwani and feel so much better than I ever did before. Her office manager Serg is always friendly and a pleasure to deal with. If you are searching for answers, dealing with symptoms, or generally not feeling your best, I can't recommend Dr. Jiwani enough!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Dr. Jiwani helped me with my autoimmune disease. She gave me hope when I felt hopeless and she explained how she would help me. By following her advice I am 98% I can do anything and everything. I am so grateful I thought a diagnosis of ra was the end of being physical and not being able to continue doing the job I love. Thank you dr. Jiwani

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I have suffered from eczema, allergies and rashes my whole life. I am now 66 and with the help of Dr. Jiwani, I now have my health under control and feel better than I have in years. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Jiwani now for about 13 years now. I have been through several different health issues with Dr Jiwani over the years and have found her and the staff very caring and helpful. I find that Dr Jiwani and staff always make me feel welcome and glad to see me regardless if they are having a busy day. I have never felt rushed threw an appointment or my health issues are not important. I have not always followed the program as I should and Dr Jiwani is always there encouraging me regardless. Dr Jiwani is someone I can always be truthful with and easy to talk to regardless if I've been doing what I should or if I've had a bad month. Dr Jiwani's shares her knowledge freely and her suggestions I find are easy to follow, if I follow them. The supplements are of the best quality and do make a big difference in my continued effort to a healthy lifestyle. The supplements and dietary changes stayed off my onset of diabetes for 10 years before I had to go on prescription medications and that's a big deal for me. Over the years my health has been spotty and when I have been sick I can always get an appointment in a rush to get what I need to get over whatever has hit me. She offers a variety of treatments that have been very helpful to my all round health. I would and have recommended Dr Jiwani to family and friends. I have every intention to continue to see Dr Jiwani and look forward to my continued health and the fabulous support from her and the staff. Thank you for everything Dr Jiwani and Surge. Julie C

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue syndrome and told here are some pills have a nice life by my doctor/specialist. Dr Jiwani helped me get most of my energy back after just a month of the diet and recommendations. I didn't do very well on the drink water for 6 weeks while waiting for my blood tests. For the people complaining about free consultation coasting money. I went in told her what was happening she recommended I take the allergy test and had some supplements she would like me to take. I said I would like to think about it and save up some money. I walked out and didn't pay a dime. If you expect to get products and services for free call around. Her rates are fair for her actual time and the supplements are well priced. You even pay your own doctor when you visit them with your tax dollars hello people and get much crappier service. I struggled with the diet as it was quite strict but I felt better so I knew I could heal. I'm young at 33 so it's worth it. Due to my busy summer I wasn't able to meet with her for questions and emailed her many times with questions about my diet and she always responded with in two days or less. She explained about what and why of her recommendations. As for people saying she was not very sympathetic or such she is not a mental health Doctor she is body fixing Doctor. She was professional and warm enough. I recommend her to anyone who complains about their health. I'm looking forward to having my energy, not losing my hair and keeping off the weight I lost so far 10 lbs

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Dr. Tahira Jiwani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• BCBS Illinois