Ratings for Dr. E.M. Shepert

This rating is for the dentist only - not the staff. I have had a bridge done by Dr Shepert a long time ago and when i moved i changed Dentists. I have had a few Dentists look at my bridge later and they all have commented on how well it is done. I have visited a couple different dentists i didnt like before finding Dr Saidi who is very competent and has a good staff.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I want to give you some positive feedback from my dental appointment yesterday. Dr. Shepherd’s care and attention to make sure I was fully frozen before doing the dental procedure to prepare my tooth for a crown was much appreciated. I have in the past tried to communicate this fact to his other partners, that I have a high resistance to freezing and as result have experienced considerable dis comfort when they have had to drill extensively on my teeth. It is my hope that with this email this information will be placed on my file to aid future visits so I can have the same experience I had yesterday.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Over billing!!!!!! Someone needs to report this office, nothing against Dr Shepert, he is the best, but all the new hygienist are padding the billings!!!! Had my teeth cleaned last week, total joke, hygienist didn't even go under my gums.... Not thorough at all. Will never go back

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Absolute joke. Dr shepert was the best. But the office and pricing is horrible now. Tried to rip me off on sedation medication and tried to charge me 200.00 for a dam pill that I got from my Dr for 11.00. Avoid these money hungry savages at all cost.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

After reading through the comments I totally agree with everything said. Dr. Shepert has been out family dentist for well over 25 years and I have always enjoyed my treatment with him. After my horrible experience the last time I was in I am going to change dentists. Had the same awful experience with the new staff that have already been expressed below...

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Where do I start?!? To begin, Dr Shepert is the best dentists but the new staff and management are horrible. I filed a complaint with the "manager " regarding the over billing of my hygiene appointment. Little did the manager know, that I use to work in the office as a Certified dental assistant, and I know how billings work with time spent in the chair. I was given the run around, not professional. I will proceed with filing a complaint with the British Columbia Dental Association and I urge anyone else who has had problems to do the same.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I knew that Dr. Shepert had to retire at some point. I got the feeling things were going downhill as soon as these new owners bought (started) Harvard Dental. My teeth aren't the best, but Dr. Shepert always did what was needed to be done and it improved a lot over the last few years. The last time I saw him he said there was no issues. Suddenly, as soon as these new owners take over I now need 4-5 crowns! give me a break. It's like they've instructed their staff to try and make as much money as possible. Reading the other comments on here makes me glad I left. Dr. Shepert was amazing---best dentist I ever had. Sadly this new practice is horrendous. Glad I'm gone.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr Shepert is the BEST dentist! BUT after the sale of the business, the new management is running the practice in the ground. My 'cleaning' appointments have doubled in cost with less experienced hygienists and my mouth doesn't feel nearly as clean. The entire atmosphere of the office sucks and the staff seem to be over worked and unhappy. Maybe it's time to look for a new office? Any recommendations?

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Since Harvard Dental Centre assumed the business things have become intolerable. Dr. Shepert was amazing and I trusted his skills completely. The last two times I have been in to the office I have not had Dr. Shepert dealing with me. Two other dentists have handled my appointments and both were less than good. I feel that they are lying to create extra business by telling the patient things need to be done when they are not needed. I was recently convinced to have 7 fillings removed and replaced. I was told my insurance was going to cover the entire amount, only to be charged $70.00 at the end of the second visit as apparently I had exceeded my coverage. I paid this amount immediately. I had to return a week later as one tooth was giving me alot of pain. They tried to correct the problem but it still is causing discomfort. I just received a bill for $329.00 as apparently my insurance is not covering it all, after all. The girl on the phone says they had wrong info regarding my secondary coverage. How is this my fault? Why should I have to pay for treatment that I was A) told would be covered by insurance and B) was not even completely necessary! So unimpressed and so angry at the way they have made me feel. My teeth were not even hurting before all of this. Dr. Shepert, I wish you a very happy retirement. Thanks for more than 20 years of great dental treatments. I will never return to Harvard Dental Clinic and I recommend that if you are looking for a good dentist, keep looking!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Best dentist! New staff are horrific. Not sure what's going on in this office, but the quality of service has dropped. I have been a patient for 30 years and have always paid my bills, I felt like a criminal at my last appointment. Everything was about money. I'm terribly disappointed with the direction of the practice over mine and my families last visits. Going to look for a new dentists closer to home, not worth the 20 minute commute.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015