Ratings for Dr. David Basch

Everyone has an opinion here's mine...Dr. Basch is very knowedgable, caring and dedicated. He TRULY cares about his patients and does not rush you. When I first went to him I really liked him but was offered an opinion by someone else that left me questioning myself. I stuck with him mad am happy I did not get swayed by someone else's opinion!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

He's quite an odd person. Wasn't too helpful in the appointments I had, kinda brushed me off. When my lawyer found out I went to him, he wasn't surprised. Apparently that's common feedback. But the most odd part is how publicly vocal he is about his political opinion. For someone who went through so much school to become a doctor, he's not intelligent at all. Very immature, rude, condescending. Such an odd person.

Submitted January 12, 2017

I have had two experiences with Dr. Basch first he saved my 5 year old daughters severly broken arm. He was the on call doctor at Saint clares when my little girl broke her arm in four places at the now closed roller rink in Rockaway. He performed a miracle on my daughter and I am so greatful he was the one who was on call that evening. He was able to correct her arm without surgery and she suffered no lasting effects from her injury. My second encounter with him was for myself. I have a knee and back injury from a slip and fall incident. He performed two knee surgeries and I am scheduling a back surgery now. I would not trust anyone else with my back. His staff is a little short on the niceties but they are very busy all of the time. I have never experienced them being rude...just BUSY. As for the drugs, you can say NO could I have something else for the pain. I have actually done this...he cant tell how much pain you can tolerate.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Basch and his staff are all great people. My whole family goes to him. My mom had a knee replacement and is having another one. Myself had injurieres to my arms wrist and back from a fall injury. He is a very caring doctor. All of his staff is very caring. There is one staff member I believe shouldn't be there. I had no insurance at the time but was in severe pain. He let me make arraingments to pay for an EMG. Dr basch and his staff actually care about his patience it's not there fault if you choose to abuse a narcotic. If you follow directions you won't abuse them. He did not force any one to take any medication . I have been to other doctors and they aren't as caring as dr basch and his staff. When I had surgery the place I was schedule to have it done I wasn't comfortable and didn't feel safe. So Dr basch rescheduled me for the next day at Millbrun where I felt more comfortable. He cares about his patience and isn't just in it for the money.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr Basch was my second opinion Dr in which after one visit I switched to. Dr Basch saved my life. All the prior comments are sad and highly untrue. I was misdiagnosed by another spinal surgeon & was left to suffer for 2 years. This man spent 1.5 hr with me going over my films& informed me & gave me peace of mind. He performed a fusion with hardware and gave my body peace. He gave me my life back! Choose the Dr not the staff.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

I have been through 3 surgical procedures on the same knee and it is still giving me problems. the only times I saw Dr. Basch was when I was being operated on. All my other medical visits were with his doctor's assistant. While the staff at the office in Jersey City were OK, I could not say the same for his staff at his Sparta office, they are rude and discourteous with no regard for the patient or their needs. I stopped going to him about a year ago and am having my medical records transferred to another doctor, one that can really help me.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Dr. Basch treated my wrist injury with both a caring and professional attitude. I would recommend this practice to anyone who wants to be sure that their physician is both knowledgeable AND experienced. A+ Doctor Basch!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Office Staff VERY rude!!! I don't know the Doctor but I have called the office and I will NOT be choosing this Doctor due to the treatment I received from the staff.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

2 spine operations! both failed from being improperly done from the back only when a front and rear route was needed.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

I agree office staff runs the show, I would never let this man operate on me. Very unprofessional office.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

Dr. David Basch's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1989)