Ratings for Dr. Betty Jelen

Is she dead? Because what kind of doctor does not pick up the phone.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I would NOT recommend this doctor's office to my worst enemy. For starters every time you go in to see the doctor you will be waiting well over an hour. Once seen, my appoint lasted over another hour.... not because Dr Jelen was asking me questions about my health or doing anything diagnostic.. it was because she was telling me about HER life and HER background. I could sit here and write a paragraph about her kids, her ex husband and what she lost in the divorce. Totally inappropriate and unprofessional. Next... this office is run like a farm. They submitted a request for me to have a disease diagnosed to the WRONG insurance company and for 2.5 months I was trying to figure out what happened and why I wasnt getting a result. They didn't return phone calls, would put me on hold for endless amounts of time and treated me with such disrespect. In the end I figured out the problem, told them to resubmit to the right insurance company and instead of doing it properly.. they sent in the wrong codes... another mistake on their end and then referred me to another endocrinologist instead of fixing it themselves. You'd think a doctor's office would know how to submit a request and know which insurance company to send it to. Dr Jelen as a doctor was very unprofessional and their office was completely incompetent in what should have been a simple matter.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Way too difficult to reach. Did not return calls. Unable to make a follow-up appointment.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

I came to see Dr Jelen because she was highly recommended by my fellow nurses. I was freshly diagnosed as diabetic. Her recommendation s were great and very helpful. She knows a great amount of information.I agree she is not a business woman but she is caring, knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr Jelen speaks really goes out of her way to ensure her patients get better. Very informative.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr Betty Jelen is a very good physician, with good table manners. She is sweet and polite. Very smart. My appointments were only on time, and l did not wait to be seen more than l5 min.I LIKE THE WAY SHE CARES FOR HER PATIENTS

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Waste of time! In the 1.5 hours we were there we got nowhere. I had to go to the car and leave my husband with her because I couldnt stand listening to here stories anymore!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Betty Jelen is a horrible doctor. She is rude and extremely unprofessional. Half the time it doesn't seem like she knows what she's doing. I went to her for about 2 years, and she told me the same thing every visit, I got nowhere. Her staff is messy and and unorganized, that office is a joke.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

In a 4 hour appointment, Dr. Jelen spent 3.5 hours sharing her personal and financial problems with her ex and her children. She took my blood pressure with a cheap home machine and barely did an exam at all. Since I'd just moved to the area, I needed a new RX of a controlled substance. She did not have the correct RX pad, gave me the RX on a regular pad and asked me to go to a specific pharmacy where they "know her and don't require her to have that pad". I believe she was asking me and the pharmacy to break the law. I gave her copies of medical files I'd brought from my previous doctors and when I asked for them back, she refused. She might have been good one day, but that's long passed. I posted this because I worry that someone really sick will go to her and she will not take care of them.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

Dr. Betty Jelen's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1978)