Ratings for Dr. Melanie Spaedy

I would not recommend her to anyone. I have an anxiety problem and she makes sure that I leave her office thinking that I have some horrible disease. I jsut went to her yesterday for a physical. It turns out I'd lost 2 lbs since the last time which was a year ago. She freaks out and was saying things like I just don't understand how you could drop 2 lbs after the holidays esp! Then she asked how my anxiety was, I said I hadn't been having any problems for the past couple months. Her response? And I quote "Oh, I was kinda hoping you would say that you were having problems cause that would've explained why you dropped weight." I can't tell you how many times I've gone in for anxiety crying and I can't believe she would hope for me to have anxiety just because I lost 2 pounds. She is the most ridiculous doctor I've ever worked with. I have many more stories, but not enough room to write them :) I'd just avoid her at all costs.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

WONDERFUL PHYSICIAN ; CARING AND COMPASSIONATE; DEFINITELY WILL SEND MY FRIENDS

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Seeing Dr. Spaedy was a waste of time. She didn't listen to me, therefore I don't trust her diagnosis or judgement. I don't recommend this doctor for anyone!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

I became ill on Friday and by Monday was showing all the symptoms of the flu. I called their office first thing and was on hold for about 15 minutes before getting to talk to someone. I explained that I had the flu and needed antibiotics for my respiratory infection. About an hour later I received a call from her office telling me to get an over the counter congestion medicine. Later that day I went to urgent care and was diagnosed with the H1N1 flu and received not only antibiotics but Tamiflu and a cough medicine. It's doctors like this that cause patients to die from the flu. Funny thing is, I saw her several weeks before and she said that people my age don't have to worry about the H1N1.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

She is one of the worst doctors I have seen. I have swelling in my face and she pretended she didn't see it. She wanted to refer me to other doctors because of her incompentence. She give doctors a bad name. The visit was a complete waste of my time and I lost $40.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Every time I had a medical issue or illness, she would tell me to go see another doctor; it was as if she was a doctor broker. She never did anything except type my responses to her questions into the computer. Every time I've seen her I felt like I wasted that time away from work. And when I ended up with more than 5 symptoms of MRSA, she acted like I was paranoid and said doctors can test for that. Isn't that something she can do; isn't she a doctor?

flag | Submitted February 21, 2009

flag | Submitted November 29, 2007

She had misdiagnosed my condition for weeks. I was in terrific pain & she told me to take tylenol. Had an injured toe that wouldn't heal but she looked & said, OH it looks fine, keep doing what you are doing. No antibotics, no pain medicine. After 1 wk from her visit went to emergency room. They said yes you have an infected toe, got antibotics & pain medicine. After another week, finally returned to Spaedy and demanded that she do something. Finally she considered that maybe something else may be wrong. To cut things short, went to vascular doctor who diagnosed me w/o circulation in legs, 2 weeks later had major surgery for condition. Dr. Spaedy dropped the ball for my medical needs. I am very disappointed in her services.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2005

Dr. Melanie Spaedy's Credentials

• Creighton Univ Sch Of Med, Omaha Ne 68178 (Grad. 1985)

• BCBS Illinois