Ratings for Dr. Alfredo Negrete

I have taken my two children to Dr. Negrete for years and honestly say he one of the best doctors doctors. He spends time with you and your child, very polite, smiles, professional and explains everything fully. My children love him. Now as far as his staff, it's a totally different experience. They are rude and have absolutely no people skills to include the nurses. The overall wait has gotten better, but the staff and nurses has not. Hey, would it ruin their faces if they just cracked a nice smile and said hello/good morning to you once in a while!?

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

As a parent, I am susceptible to illness (undergoing chemotherapy for cancer), he and his staff did not work with me in moving my young son to another waiting area as other doctors would. My son went in with a cough and cold and pray he doesn't come home with something worse just from being around other children who are may be more infectious. I am very upset and disappointed with him and his staff!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

It was a very unpleasant experience in getting my children an appointment. The reason they could not see all my children was because we had HMO. Since Dr.Negrete is the primary doctor.He was the only one that could see my children.They were all sick and with fevers and only two could be seen.I had to make a decision which two were the worst.I have no complaints of Dr.Negrete he is an outstanding doctor.We had to call our insurance to find out what was the problem.Our insurance call the office at spoke to Miriam Manjarrez. She is in the front desk.She is a very unprofessional and disrespectful person.My complaint is that Miriam Manjarrez has not right to treat anyone with disrespect.Our insurance told them what was the problem and why were they denying service for our children.Our insurance wasn't the problem it was Miriam Manjarrez and her attitude.There are ways in communicating and being polite.She has no people skills and is a bad image for ABC Pediatrics.The other staff is great.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

I have to agree with the staff ratings, but I have seen an improvement this year, the staff is now polite and they had never turned my child down, when Dr. Negrete isn't available they always offer you an appoitment with another Dr on site. Dr. Negrete is very kind and he LISTEN to you, he takes the time to explain things and do not over medicate. My only complain is the overbooking, but in this area, with very limited options, is very common to wait 30 to 2 hrs with ANY Doctor (all kind of Doctors). In my last appointments the waiting time has been reduced to 30 to 40 min max. I really like the office layout, with one room for sick children and one room for regular check outs. I fully recommend Dr. Negrete. I've seen other pediatricians in the area and he's been the best so far.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

I just wanted to add to the other negative review of ABC Pediatrics. Everything said is absolutely spot on. The wait time is outrageous for every appointment we have had, and the best way to describe the staff is lazy, surly, and incompetent. The doctors are not much better. In fact, the only nice thing I could say about this place is that the building is nicely designed and the offices are clean. We haven't been successful in finding a new doctor so I limit our visits to vaccines (which I hope they can't screw up too badly) and take my child to the emergency room or San Diego on the couple of occasions when we've had actual problems.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2008

This is more of a comment on the office of ABC Pediatrics as a whole. I have never waited less than 30 minutes to be seen for an appointment (usually closer to 1 hour). Last time I went, I waited 45 minutes before I was told my daughter wasn't due yet for her yearly physical (I scheduled over a month in advance). I expressed my unhappiness and asked to see the office manager. What I got was a series of excuses for the lady who schedule my appointment and no apology. I asked that if I checked to see if my insurance would pay for my appointment, could I be seen right after (mind you, it was my turn next, hence the reason I was told she was not due). The OFFICE MANAGER said there was now a line with 3 people ahead and I had to wait. This place is run like a mill, the staff are rude and incompetent and the doctors allow it! They call your name on an intercom. I asked for my medical records and am finding another pediatrician. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Dr. Alfredo Negrete's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in El Centro, CA