Ratings for Dr. Gary N. Apter

Very knowledgeable and conservative. he is prompt and courteous and his staff is very helpful in filing insurance claims. His office is neat and clean.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

He is an excellent clinician, has a very helpful and respectful office staff and doesn't make me wait more than 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Apter for about 11 years, upon the recommendation of friends who are doctors, some of whom have Apter as their PCP. I find him very competent but certainly not a hand-holder. He is rather brusque in some ways so that might turn some people off. Moreover, as a patient, you must be very proactive and assertive with him - don't expect a lot of sympathy.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2008

This was the worst medical experience I have ever had. After a trip to Mexico I developed a pain in my head. I visited Dr Apter and he did not even see me but rather had his assitant, Kruger, PA/C (not a medical doctor ) look at my problem. She improperly diagnosed my pain as a virus when in fact it was a parasite I received on my trip. The PA/C never followed proper protocal for diagnosis, made a snap decison and prescribed the wrong medication and treatment and then said to come back in 5 weeks. After 2 weeks, I was in such pain, I returned and only this time did I see Dr Apter persoanlly see me. He sent me to a dematologist who correctly diagnosed my problem and enabled me to get well. I lost time at work and was in great pain because of Dr Apter. Do not visit this Doctor. California law requires that PA/C's be supervised by a MD, which Apter never did. I am in the process of pursuing legal action.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

Gary Apter has been my internist for years. He is very knowledgeable and proactive about my health. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2006

They lost my appointment information, and then the doctor seemed in a big hurry. I had a visit on Sep.08 to discuss two specific issues but unfortunatelly the doctor seemed not knoleageable at all. I knew more about after I did some research on the internet than he did. I also brought medical articles (published studies) but he didn't seemed to undestand it. He's pretty old, and not very up to date on the latest. I wasn't happy at all, and I will change doctor.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2005

Dr. Gary N. Apter's Credentials

• Univ De Lausanne, Fac De Med, Lausanne, Switzerland (Grad. 1971)

• BCBS Illinois