Ratings for Dr. Martha Arouni

The staff is really rude and annoying. The nurses will treat you as if they are doctors without asking Dr. Arouni. They think fiber and no pain medication will cure all of your stomach problems. They don't even see patients. If you need a gastrointeragist, go somewhere else

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I had a bad experience following my colonscopy with this doctor. Her office staff was very rude and did not seem to think my problem was important. I was very disappointed and will not return to this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I have seen Dr. Arouni since 1995 and had referred many people to her. Not Any More Something is incredibly wrong with her and her office staff all around. Including her Office Manager Tammie who I think must be on drugs. Dr. Arouni and her staff have accused me of lying and not calling and I have documentation. HORRIBLE experience in the last treatment. Do yourself a favor and find another Doctor. Going to her is no longer worth any of the horrible treatment I received this year. Never in my life have I had this kind of treatment and she seems to approve of it.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Rude. I was referred before I read the reviews. BAD MISTAKE!! SHE IS TERRIBLE IN EVERY RESPECT AND SHE DOES NOT CARE !!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I feel I am just a number with her. She has terrible bedside manner. She didn't listen to what I had to say. And the answer to chronic constipation is not always "add more fiber" into your diet, like she continues to insist. Sometimes there are other reasons.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Disappointing. Have worked with her professionally as well as doctored with her. Have seen a big change in her bedside manner in the past couple of years. Really distant, at times uncaring, can be abrupt, doesn't like to answer questions. Becomes defensive if you want to be involved in your case. Tells you how it's going to be. Made me feel intimidated.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

My husband had a procedure that lead to a poor diagnosis if not treated immediately. Dr. Arouni spoke with me directly after his procedure and gave explicit instructions which we followed to the tee. She was pleasant, concise and most of all let us know what would occur if instructions were not followed. My husband recovered wonderfully and continues to follow up with Dr Arouni on a regular basis. Her staff is pleasant and professional and I so appreciate her expertise!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Had worked professionally in the hospital with her for 10 years. First bout of pancreatitis in June, she took very seriously and I had excellent care. Never felt better, second ERCP in September found stones in pancreatic duct and cut the duct. 2-3 weeks later, still feeling lousy with abnormal lab work. Was told by her very unprofessional nurse that it was irritable bowel and take in more fiber. Long story short, 10 years later, after having debilitating pancreatitis for 10 years, I had pancreas surgically removed with islet cell transplant. Wonder what would have happened had her nurse not blown off my complaints.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Unfriendly. Can't be bothered. Very minimal personal patient contact.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

This doctor has at least one very unprofessional nurse on her staff who uses an abusive attitude to try to intimidate patients. She scheduled me to have tests at 2 different hospitals with 2 different Md's at the same time. When I called to find out what I was supposed to be doing, she immediately blamed me for her mistake! Dr. Arouni would not contact me as I requested. Dr. also appears uninterested in what she is doing. There are at least 50 G.I. doctors in Omaha - good medical care somewhere else is only a phone call away!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

Dr. Martha Arouni's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)