Ratings for Dr. David Goodman

Very trigger happy with the meds. For people who are looking for a quick prescription he takes away all the red tape. For people looking for a more balanced approach, deaf ears doesn't begin to describe it. This is why some people love him and some people hate him. I read two books on ADHD before getting prescribed. I felt like I knew more about the topic than he did. When he was on the front page of the New York Times for taking drug company money improperly, let's just say I wasn't shocked.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Goodman for +-25 years. He has literally saved my life several times. He is also the most intelligent man I have ever known. Dr. Goodman is not "full of himself" as previous reviews have stated. He is very professional and in doing so can remain unbiased in his treatments for the sole benefit of you the patient. You are paying him to be your doctor, not your friend. I am bi-polar and have not responded well to traditional medications. Under Dr. Goodman's care and expertise he has been able to keep me "sane" for all these years by combining combinations of meds that most Drs. are unfamiliar with. If you are looking for someone to pat you on your back to improve your ego, Dr. Goodman is not for you. However, if you are looking for someone to help you get well so you can pat your own back then he is your man. When you are suffering a major depressive illness you want a doctor with as much experience and expertise as Dr. Goodman has to offer.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

Dr. Goodman is a very skilled physician and brilliant when it comes to prescribing medications to patients that are medically complex; however, he knows he is competent and has a very large ego. He's arrogant at times and sadly over advertises for himself and his practice (which becomes very obvious). Lastly, he is very money hungry. If you can afford his office visits, he will have you coming in every single month (at the $170.00 fee - no insurance accepted and no discounts). As mentioned above, he is very skilled, but if you are going to begin treatment with this physician, just keep in mind he is money motivated. I have been following with Dr. Goodman for a long time, and I am just recently very disappointed and frustrated with him. He is available after-hours almost always and returns his pages. He's not as reliable if you leave him a message during work hours. If he decides to call you back, more than likely, he's going to want to see you in the office for a visit ($170.00).

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

doesn't return e-mails or phone calls; the lack of people skills is not what bothers me. He associates getting his name in the paper with being a skilled doctor--this might be due to his insecurity. Has limited grasp on personality disorders--i.e, to a hammer the world is a nail. To Dr. Goodman, everyone has ADD and needs meds. I, too, am offended by the elaborate voice menu. Not only is it bad form to put "media" option first, it's bad that he doesn't recognize how bad it sounds. I don't think his overpriced, not do i think he's a bad doctor--he's just not as sharp as he should be.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

This doctor and his staff are extremely helpful. He genuinely cares about his patients and is quite gifted. some may say expensive- I say NO WAY! you can never put a price tag on health and wellness.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

great place to go if you would like to pay for a head nodder. I tied to give him an honest go, but after a year, he may have spoken for a total of 20 min worth of feedback. I wish i read reviews before i went. i can see how all david wants to do is fill his ego!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

Overpriced! I should have gone to a participating Dr. on my health insurance plan and paid a copay, for the same results. A prescription in my hand for Adderall.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

was never able to get meds on time. NEVER returned phone calls. If you call the office number, you will not get a human. The first option on the recording is for the media. REALLY!!! For what. This guy is so full of himself. I was contacted by friend who also used his office, telling me the receptionist was speaking to her about my meds. Dr Goodman was also at a wedding introducing himself and stating he see's most of my family. He is horrible!!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

I don't know where the one negative comment came from BUT there are FIVE Dr David Goodman-s in Maryland. THIS one is a NATIONAL-INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIST,ABC TV etc.I have 35 yrs hospital med knowledge. Dr Goodman IS THE BEST !! Not many MD's will list their emergency page #. He does AND calls you back quickly. He has saved my life- and I have worked on the Cardiac Arrest Team !He keeps up with current research and authors med studies with other RESEARCH MD's. VERY PROFESSIONAL; I wish other specialists(rheumatology/pain MDs)were half as professional as this practice. I have known this practice for 12 years and worked Medicine for (again) 35+ years; teaching med students,nursing&pharmacy students-interns. A BETTER MD IN THIS FIELD WILL BE HARD TO FIND= EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN !!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Judgemental and hostile, not understanding, late for appts and blamed me, discussed my personal business with mutual acquaintance. wish i had sued him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

Dr. David Goodman's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (Grad. 1982)