Ratings for Dr. Steve L. Chan

Front desk staff all have attitude. I waitied 40 minutes before I was called in and spend less than 5 minutes with the doctor for a physical he didnt wvwn answer my concerns just keeped.saying anything else, anything else so I just walked out

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Although I am a relatively new patient of Dr. Chan, I feel extremely lucky to have been "assigned" to him through my insurance company (I was a bit dubious at first). I personally feel Dr. Chan is very knowledgeable and caring. I recently relocated from the east coast and Dr. Chan made sure to refer me to all the appropriate specialists I needed. I feel he takes the time to listen and knows what he is talking about. Dr. Chan and his staff are extremely busy with the phone ringing non-stop; however, they always manage to fit me in when I am in need of an appointment. Contrary to the previous grandson of a patient, I have never waited more than 20 minutes in the waiting room! From what I remember, Dr. Chan was educated in NYC at an Ivy League university (can't remember exactly which one), so he is no dummy. What I am trying to say is that I feel he can practice anywhere he desires. I am not Chinese but I appreciate that he is giving back to his community by practicing here, and I personally feel lucky to have him as my primary care physician. My name is Naomi and I am an actual, current patient of Dr. Chan.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

i have to say that i am a grandson taking my grandparents to see this doctor all the time when needed, my parents was recently changed and referred to this family doctor due to hospital contracting and referral, yes "hospital contracting to only certain doctors is just a wrong faulty system in this medial industry" back to the point now: few months experience and examining this office, i see only two nice medical assistant and the others are very rude and they are "cantonese", one particular assistant seem to have issues with her self and seem to hate her job and is "passive aggressive", Dr.Steve knows how to speak Chinese yet "spoke English to my grandparents and my grandparents only understand Chinese" wait time had been from 30 min to "1 hour" from the appointment set, Dr. seem to not even care and this made me furious! My generation is computer savvy which will take notice on "BAD RATING DOCTORS" and avoid seeing them in the future

flag | Submitted August 19, 2012

He has very bad attitude, and is very impatient; he spends less than 5 minutes with each patient and doesn't even care what patients what to say. I will never go back again.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

A not too smart doctor with a bad attitude. I only saw him once for a yearly check-up and would never go back. He was so stupid. I kept telling him I just had a negative test result for HepB; he still said I might have it just because I was asian. So stupid.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

I have seen him since 1999. He has always been helpful, and attentive to my needs. I have no insurance; he makes sure I get samples and prescribes only generics to help me.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2008

Impatient. Does not seem to take time for details, and isn't friendly.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

One of the worst doctor that I ever seen. His favorite prescription is pain killer or hospital's emergency room. Very cold heart person with a bad attitude. Super slow referral process in his office as well.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2005

Dr. Steve L. Chan's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1995)

MSP/BC Med