Ratings for Dr. Mark C. Yates

Great bedside manners, very knowledgeable. He performed my hip replacement and it went very well.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Excellent surgeon w/ a great personality! Very honest and knowledgible.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

I had been having Intense Hamstring pain for months ... I had been to another Dr. who sent me straight to physical therapy , without results, plus I even tried Acupuncture On my very first Visit to Dr. Yates , He took an xray , suggested I had a pinched nerve, and then he sent me for a MRI to pinpoint the exact location. A few days later, Dr. Yates showed me the details of my spine injury ... Herniated Disc, Bone spurs, plus some degeneration that was in turn pinching a nerve that was linked to the Sciatic nerve that was causing what felt like a " Hamstring tear. Bottom Line, Thanks to Dr. Yates , who did the surgery at Moses Cone in Greensboro, NC ... I am now pain free !!! Note: Dr. Yates personality is one of being direct and honest with the patient ... which some interpret as being rude . I personally like his approach, when I'm in pain ... I'm not in the mood for chit chat ... just tell me straight up what's going on and what needs to be done ! I would not hesitate to recommend , Dr. Yates , to my family or friends.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Rude and inconsiderate. Lack of caring. When cast was removed did not inspect are that he performed surgery on. I think he has a substance abuse problem.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Would not see me after surgery for 2 weeks. Staff had me wait for 45 minutes, I decided to leave. Nurses at Hospital did not speak very highly of him.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2012

I went to see him about my arms and he treated me as if I was a drug addict, very unprofessional I was already on prescription meds and did not need any from him. I would give him a one.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent results, great and easy surgery and recuperation and the wonderful follow-up by Dr. Yates and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

He and others at the hospital, and office are very great people who did a great job on my surgery. I couldn't have asked for a better Dr.! Everything he did was absolutely perfect. Maybe perhaps people will learn a valuable lesson one day and have more respect for their underpaid Drs. and nurses, & hospital employees, and stop lying & saying terrible things about such wonderful people!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2009

Poor follow up after surgery. Went back in pain and told he could see me in two weeks. Saw him one time after surgery. Fluid drawn off knee by PA.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

Dr. Yates is very knowledgeable & did a great job on my Arthroscopic knee surgery. He also works with Gateway Education Center with the disabled children on their Orthopedic needs. I highly respect him.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2008

Dr. Mark C. Yates's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Oxford