You may also like

Rate Dr. Charles Hamm

Dr. Charles Hamm's Ratings

He delivered my youngest boy six years ago today. He is the most professional and empathetic doctor I have ever seen. It is sad that he is leaving. At the same time I am happy I am done having kids as any other obgyn would not fill his shoes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I have had Dr. Hamm for over 5 years with my last 2 pregnancies. He's genuine, concerned for your well being, and the baby's, and when things don't go as planned he is very comforting. I highly recommend him, and wish I could follow him to his new practice!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2851858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Sad to see the Valley lose such a great advocate for Women's Health. Not only a great advocate but a dedicated, caring and kind Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Now folks!!! This is a man.,. Not just a great doctor... But a great man!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr Charles Hamm delivered 3 of my children. I swear I only had my last 2 so that I could be a patient of Dr Hamm again LOL
Seriously, an amazing Doctor and person. The stresses of the world never worn on his face. Always gentle and kind with a genuine smile on his face.
My second child was considered high risk since my first was born very premature and I had a stomach hernia for over a decade from being hacked open during my first c section.. Dr. Hamm was always willing to answer my questions and would help reassure me that all was well when I would worry. He also fixed my stomach during my 2nd c section. I have never felt better in my whole life!!
Finally, I had my first girl this March and my family is complete.
I feel Nova Scotia is behind the times in almost every aspect. We constantly see our young generations move out of province, hoping for more...
I do not blame Dr.Hamm for deciding to move to Ontario. I hope he can find the happiness he deserves and I know many people/families will miss him and his work dearly. I am forever Thankful and will never forget the wonderful care I received.
wishing you all the best Charlie

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr. Hamm has helped me tremendously through a very difficult time. I came in from Halifax for surgery with him and have never been treated so well by a doctor in my life. He is very kind, empathetic and always has an answer to help you. He takes his time with his patients and treats them very well. I am so sad to find that he is leaving the province. It will be a huge loss for women's health in Nova Scotia and I am so disappointed in our health care system for allowing this to happen. He will definitely be missed and I wish him all the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2846045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Doctor Hamm is by far the best OB/GYN in the valley. Is it sad we are seeing Charlie leave the valley, he certainly can never be replaced. Now what do us women do who need a fabulous doctor such as Charlie to help us with our pregnancies and other female issues? Sad time for many of us here in the Valley. It's a shame our Health Care system is failing and because of it we lose good medical professional. Good Luck Doctor Hamm you will certainly be missed by many.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2835907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Dr. Hamm delivered my 3rd child. Never heard of him before that moment. Had a different OB/GYN for that pregnancy and turned out my son had many medical issues that weren't picked up in any of the 6 ultrasounds I had. When I got pregnant for my 4th child I requested Dr. Hamm and he was a god send for us. I struggled with the pregnancy at first, as I was scared I might have another child with special needs. Dr. Hamm was so good to me, so reassuring that he would take the extra time to be sure this was a healthy pregnancy. He saw me faithfully from conception to 39 weeks and sent me to the IWK for testing and untrasounds to be certain we weren't missing anything. My beautiful healthy baby girl is turning 1 and we couldn't be more thankful to Charlie for everything. (He was also the surgeon to do my hysterectomy, which also was done perfectly and almost pain free)
We heard he is moving on and leaving the valley. He can never be replaced. We wish him all the best!!!
After 4 babies, with 3 different OB/GYN'S, he is by far the best I've met.
Where ever he is going...they're lucky to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2821345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I had Charlie for my entire pregnancy. I suffered from high blood pressure and gestational diabetes. I became afraid when diagnosed with GD. He assured me everything will be fine and was always helpful whenever I had questions. When I went in labour my blood pressure went to extreme danger, Doctor Hamm got baby out in time and that we both made it out safe. He truly safes mine and my sons life with his quick on demand on an emergency. Thank u Charlie.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Charlie is definitely an old school OB GYN. He is the guy you want to have in an emergency c-section - he has suberb surgical/ medical skills and operates well under pressure in relation to medical issues. But he is not the guy to go to if you want a non medicalized pregnancy. He has NO knowledge of nutrition, and definitely has a paternalistic approach to pregnancy care.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2580424].votes_count ]]