Ratings for Dr. Charles Hamm

He delivered my still born baby this year. He was not my OB at the time but was on call when I went to the hospital because I couldn't feel my baby moving anymore. He was very kind to me and my family. He sat with me as I cried and held my hand as we talked about what had happened. He told me honestly what he believed was the cause, which was a mistake by another doctor. He doesn't care about covering up for others. He is honest and full of integrity. I went to see him every few months as we were struggling to get pregnant. He was very positive and encouraging. Now that I am pregnant he sees me every week and has an ultrasound in his office so I can see my little bean every week. Dr. Hamm is not just an amazing doctor but an amazing human being. I feel like he is part of our family. We consider meeting him the silver lining in the horrible tragedy we faced by losing our baby. He is amazing.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

I have been so very fortunate to have Dr Hamm as my new gynecologist. Recently I was scheduled by my doctor for an ultrasound because of abdominal pain but because the pain became much worse I made the trip to my local emergency room. The doctor there checked me over and sent me for an ultrasound. After my ultrasound I reported back to emergency to wait for the report. While there Dr Hamm was working the weekend and came down to see me then did the surgery that same evening. He was so very caring and knowledgeable that I trusted that he was the right doctor to do this surgery. He made me feel at ease before going into the operating room. I felt so much better after I woke from the surgery and was back to normal activities the next day. I highly recommend Dr Hamm. He is so compassionate, kind and has excellent bedside manners. He was just filling in for that weekend at this hospital so I do have to travel just over an hour to see him but I am more than happy to do that to keep him as my gynecologist. Doctors like him are far and few. Thank you Dr Hamm!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Doctor Hamm is new to the area and I'm so glad he's here. He's is an amazing doctor. When my delivery turned serious (cord tight around neck) he handled it in such a way that I knew it was serious but I was comforted knowing everything would be ok. Can't say enough great things about him!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

He delivered my youngest boy six years ago today. He is the most professional and empathetic doctor I have ever seen. It is sad that he is leaving. At the same time I am happy I am done having kids as any other obgyn would not fill his shoes.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I have had Dr. Hamm for over 5 years with my last 2 pregnancies. He's genuine, concerned for your well being, and the baby's, and when things don't go as planned he is very comforting. I highly recommend him, and wish I could follow him to his new practice!!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Sad to see the Valley lose such a great advocate for Women's Health. Not only a great advocate but a dedicated, caring and kind Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Now folks!!! This is a man.,. Not just a great doctor... But a great man!!! http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local+Shows/Maritimes/ID/2670512609/

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr Charles Hamm delivered 3 of my children. I swear I only had my last 2 so that I could be a patient of Dr Hamm again LOL Seriously, an amazing Doctor and person. The stresses of the world never worn on his face. Always gentle and kind with a genuine smile on his face. My second child was considered high risk since my first was born very premature and I had a stomach hernia for over a decade from being hacked open during my first c section.. Dr. Hamm was always willing to answer my questions and would help reassure me that all was well when I would worry. He also fixed my stomach during my 2nd c section. I have never felt better in my whole life!! Finally, I had my first girl this March and my family is complete. I feel Nova Scotia is behind the times in almost every aspect. We constantly see our young generations move out of province, hoping for more... I do not blame Dr.Hamm for deciding to move to Ontario. I hope he can find the happiness he deserves and I know many people/families will miss him and his work dearly. I am forever Thankful and will never forget the wonderful care I received. wishing you all the best Charlie

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr. Hamm has helped me tremendously through a very difficult time. I came in from Halifax for surgery with him and have never been treated so well by a doctor in my life. He is very kind, empathetic and always has an answer to help you. He takes his time with his patients and treats them very well. I am so sad to find that he is leaving the province. It will be a huge loss for women's health in Nova Scotia and I am so disappointed in our health care system for allowing this to happen. He will definitely be missed and I wish him all the best!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Doctor Hamm is by far the best OB/GYN in the valley. Is it sad we are seeing Charlie leave the valley, he certainly can never be replaced. Now what do us women do who need a fabulous doctor such as Charlie to help us with our pregnancies and other female issues? Sad time for many of us here in the Valley. It's a shame our Health Care system is failing and because of it we lose good medical professional. Good Luck Doctor Hamm you will certainly be missed by many.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015