Ratings for Dr. Charles Hamm

I can't say enough good about this Doctor! He has helped me when no one else could. He takes the time to listen to my problems even when his waiting room is full of women waiting to see him. It's also a great meeting place to see my friends as they all seem to be going to him as well! LOL

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Beware - yes he appears to be very nice however he likes to do unnecessary surgery! After two surgeries he performed on me in St Thomas which left me in a great deal of pain and pelvic issues (which post the surgery I returned only to be told by him I was fine) he then abandoned the practice without notice to his patients. I have since been told by another specialist (plus have the pathology report to prove) the surgery was totally unnecessary and the pelvic floor prolapse I know have is the result of the surgery he performed. I have spent the last 8 months in agony and it has changed my life significantly. Get a second opinion before he signs you up for a hysterectomy ! Lastly this is the second review I have written as the first on I did has been deleted off this site???

Submitted February 22, 2017

I have worked as an RN with many OB/GYNs, and this doctor is by far the best! And not only from a professional point of view but from a patient's point of view also. I miss him terribly and hope he is doing well in Ontario. Hopefully they realize what a gem they have!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Went to see Dr Hamm 7 months after having my first baby girl for an IUD. He was very helpful and took the time to talk with me about other options for birth control and even discussed my birth experience and my c section. He gave me information about vbac and what we could do for our next baby. Quite impressed!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Had the pleasure of seeing this amazing man today! I am so happy that he moved to my area. He is the first doctor who has taken my issues seriously and had an explanation and had an immediate solution to my problems.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Hamm off and on over the past year. I find him to be very professional, kind and genuinely concerned for my well being. He is very easy to talk to and will take the time to explain things to me. I would recommend him to anyone and feel strongly that you will not be disappointed with his care, compassion and dedication to resolving your medical issue.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Seemed like a very ignorant man who thought more highly of his own opinion than the needs of his patient. Would not recommend or go again - arrogant.

Submitted September 8, 2016

I saw Dr. Hamm for a gynecological problem and he was very nice and approachable. He knew what was wrong and started me on a medication without examining me and the medication didn't help. I followed up with him twice and he switched my medication twice but never examined me then either. I have since seen another doctor for a second opinion and they examined me and told me what was wrong and that the medicine he gave me wouldn't have helped. He's very nice but I'd be cautious if you see him because I'm not sure he knows what he's doing.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Very thankful I got him as my gyno!!! I could not imagine having anyone else!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

He delivered my still born baby this year. He was not my OB at the time but was on call when I went to the hospital because I couldn't feel my baby moving anymore. He was very kind to me and my family. He sat with me as I cried and held my hand as we talked about what had happened. He told me honestly what he believed was the cause, which was a mistake by another doctor. He doesn't care about covering up for others. He is honest and full of integrity. I went to see him every few months as we were struggling to get pregnant. He was very positive and encouraging. Now that I am pregnant he sees me every week and has an ultrasound in his office so I can see my little bean every week. Dr. Hamm is not just an amazing doctor but an amazing human being. I feel like he is part of our family. We consider meeting him the silver lining in the horrible tragedy we faced by losing our baby. He is amazing.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016