Ratings for Dr. Steven Y. Chun

Dr. Chun is a fantastic physician. Great guy and his staff is also outstanding. I got hurt in the military and spent 1.5 years in a military hospital recovering. Had a lot of surgeries over the years, but Dr Chun's radiofrequency Neurotomy changed my life. His nurse practitioner is also a really nice woman. Can't say enough good things about Dr Chun and his practice. He stands above the rest, by a lot.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

A very good Doctor, I am telling all my friends and family

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

The best doctor In town. No questions... I have been to several pain clinics and he is not only smart but he is real. No BS in his office. Only the needed meds and recommendations. I m doing 1000% better under his care. THX Dr Chun..

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr Chun is the one and only physician who really cares about his patients. During my financial hardship despite no insurance he took care of me without requesting payments. Not only he took care of me he even paid for my pain pump meds without demanding fee. He has probaby the most pain pump patients in this area but he still pays for patients meds even before what insurance Co decided to pay. Truse me insurance company don't pay much. Again I m grateful for his dedictated work for our local area patients. Thank you Dr Chun. I owe my life to you. Without your excellent medical care I would not be as successful as I am. You never gave up on me. You set a great work ethics by following thur your words. Bc of you I m a successful business owner in Sarasota.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I was referred by my primary doctor to see Dr Chun. I had to wait about 3weeks to see him. As soon as I walked in I knew I was in right pain management office. Not only he was excellent in providing necessary treatments he made me feel like a patient all over. Last several years I had to defend my medical conditions. I had to explaine why I was taking medications to my local pharmacies. Also insurance companies deny my needed medications as well as procedures. With Dr Chun and his nurse practitioner Mandie I am getting the best treatments and now I have hope and excitement back to my life. I simply want to put my experience in writing so other patients who are looking for true pioneering pain specialist in town can look him up.. Thx.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

I know the truth regarding the total BS claims against Dr chun. I have been a patient of Dr chun for last 15 years and I m also a certified Medicare reviewer and coder and biller for a large local hospital. Due to our MEDICARE REGULATIONS Dr Chun not only used correct and balanced bill but also gave his patients significant financial breaks. Dr Chun worked without getting paid from Medicare 2011 to 2013. Despite dealing with Medicare which caused great deal of stress he has never mentioned to me or other patients he is fighting with government to win over his reputations and financial hardship. Medicare uses a threat of gigantic fine and almost extortion to settle their claims. Dr Chun was ready to fight and deal with Medicare but when they offer him non-liable offer he took the "SMART" decision to deal with Medicare.TAHT MEANS HE WON THE CLAIM. I am happy for him. I thank you Dr Chun for being there for us. When government says settle means DR CHUN WON .nO QUESTIONS1DR CHUN THANKYOU.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Dr Chun was recommended by my neurosurgeon. I was ready to give up and ready to take my life due to intractablepain from cancer of spine. However once I met him I felt instant bond and I'm looking forward life all over again. I do know I have limited time left but since my first visit with him I look forward daily life. He is not only great clinician but he is a good human first. He does not talk down and he make me feel important and special. I totally recommend Dr Chun to anyone who need a real pain specialist. No doubt my life has improved 1000% since I'm being treated by Dr Chun. Thank you Dr Chun.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Chun's for a long time. I am very grateful to have a doctor not only top of his profession, but also who cares about the patients and their quality of life. The staff is wonderful and on the few occasions I had insurance issues, they were dealt with immediately. Because of my illness I see a great many doctors and I wish they were all as good as Dr. Chun.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Dr Chun doesnt listen. He wants everything his way or he's not happy.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Steven Y. Chun's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• BCBS Illinois