Ratings for Dr. John A. Leone

I am so frustrated with this doctor and the office he's in. I think he's a nice guy, but he seems to be avoiding me. He is my PCP, but I haven't seen him for 2 years! Always a Nurse Practitioner. In February, a NP sent me to the ER from the Office; based on an EKG that it took some poor nurse 5 tries to get. The NP claimed I was about to have a heart attack, and they insisted I take an ambulance. I actually felt great before I got to that office! Stayed overnight at the hospital, and got no other bad EKGs. On follow-up with the NP (wanted Leone, got an NP), she said "so now what?" I told her what tests to order. I'm still trying to get a follow-up with Dr. Leone himself; I've had a battery of tests that I'd like to talk to a real doctor about! (Keep seeing a NP, and no one seem to have a sense of my history.) Looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Leone for about 10 years. I don't see him anymore, only the NP's in the office, as they are quite good. Dr. Leone is unkempt in his appearance, and unless you're going to him for something simple, don't expect much. He told me that he doesn't know what's wrong with me and that I should find another doctor. Nice! Not to mention that if you did want to see him, his availability is terrible. He's always gone on vacation, or converences. However, if you're looking for a doctor that has a somewhat decent bedside manner and as long as you never get sick, beyond a sore throat, you should be fine.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Dr. Leone is a capable doctor. He has been my doctor for over 10 years and I always feel very comfortable with him. Most of the PA's in the practice are good. The only problem is the wait time in the patient room, be sure to bring in a magazine with you. But, when he does come in he spends alot of time with you and answers all of your questions without making you feel stupid. I have recommeded people to see him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009

Very indifferent. Did not seem very knowledgeable. Did the bare minimum. Office staff not helpful. NEVER had an appointment on time, even if I showed up 10 minutes early. Staff takes you to exam room, takes BP and stuff and then you wait at a minimum 20 minutes for the provider. Left them and am very happy with my new doctor group.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Great Doctor, I have seen him for 3 years for Diabetes. Always willing to try something new. Very human not intimidating at all. Really like Dr. Leone. Wish he would break out and go out on his own though. Really dont like such a large practice.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

I have been a patient for a few years,and he has always been very helpful,and very interested in my care.He has always tried to resolve any issues that were bothering me,and if he was unable,he would recommend a physican that could better meet my needs.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2008

Dr. John A. Leone's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1987)

HealthPartners