Ratings for Dr. Donald E. Thomas

I know what a good doctor is, and I settle for nothing less. I drive 1-1/2 - 2 hours for Dr. Thomas, and he is well worth it. He wrote the Lupus Encyclopedia, (sold on Amazon) which encompasses most, if not all of the autoimmune and rheumatologist diseases . He is kind, caring, and actually listens when you speak. If you are like me, and difficult to dx, because your labs don't show markers yet, no worries. I have informed him that he is not permitted to retire, so we ate all good to go.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Thomas is a great doctor. I feel like a collaborator in my care, that is, he involves me in my care. He is very knowledgeable. When he gives injections into painful joints, he is swift and sure. I highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. Thomas is excellent and I give him an A-1 rating

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

When I first went to Dr Thomas, I was in so much pain and I really did not know what was going on with my body, I was referred to Dr Thomas by my family DR. The first visit I had with Dr Thomas he went right to work on me with labs to see what was going on. As the months went on Dr Thomas put me on the right regiment of meds to ease the pain and to help me fight my Lupus and RA. Dr Thomas always runs labs each visit to ensure that the med’s are not harming my organs and making things worst. Dr Thomas always pays very close attention to my questions and concerns. When I first went to Dr Thomas I did not even think I would run or walk normal again because I was in so much pain. Now I am doing everything that I use to do before I was diagnosed with RA and Lupus. With the medical care of Dr Thomas and his staff I am able to do all of my normal daily activities again.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

I reluctantly went to this doctor on the advice of my wife. I found him very knowledgeable and helpful and I got a lot more help for my arthritis than I was expecting. We are referring him to other family members and friends.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

He gave my knees injections with cortisone and SynviscOne. They feel good for the first time in years. I wish I found him a long time ago.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

Dr. Thomas is by far my favorite doctor and I can't see how anyone would think he is impersonable or uncaring as one person did on here. He is very smart and has taken excellent care of me and my family over the years. I do not know what I would do without him. His staff is also fantastic and very helpful. I don't wait nearly as long in the waiting room as at other doctor offices. I wish all doctors were this good.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Knowledgeable but uncaring and impersonable towards his patients . Would not see him again or recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009

I just had my first 2 appointments with Dr. Thomas and was more than happy with my experience. He was actually listened to me and was very thorough in his evaluation. I finally know what is going on after so many previous deadends. In addition, his staff was amazing and very friendly. I also love their new, huge, modern office. I really felt like I received the best care possible, and I will keep going back.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

Dr. Thomas has taken care of my systemic lupus for 10 years. I can not recommend him enough as he is so comprehensive, listens to me, examines me every visit, keeps my lupus under great control, and communicates with my other doctors.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2008

Dr. Donald E. Thomas's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)