Ratings for Dr. Ahmad B. Ardekani

Comments based on hospital stay. My son was critically ill so I had him admitted. Hospital staff told me they could not accommodate his needs and had never seen anything like what my son presented with. Ardekani literally refused medically necessary lifesaving treatment (IV fluids, medications, lab work), even at my request as guardian and MD orders. Instead he threatened ECT if he did not drink juice he gave him in a cup. He told my son he would do ECT because "I can. I am the Medical Director. I cannot do it at this hospital but I can at St Anthonys". Aside any psychiatric problem my son was suffering at the time of admission my son was in kidney & liver failure from extreme severe anorexia. He required being stabilized medically before evaluation for and initiating psychiatric treatment could. Ardekani delayed my son lifesaving treatments for a week and flat out lied to the Judge regarding the services the psych unit could and could not provide. My son is still paying for it now.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

He listened and took me seriously when I battled post partum depression. Worked with me closely when I wanted to come off my medications to make sure that I did ok. He does run behind in the office but it is usually because he has stopped to deal with an emergency - like the several times he dropped everything to talk to me when I was becoming suicidal.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

has worked for this doctor he will diagonse kids and not medicate them till right before they leave without observing them,when i brought this up i was let go.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Dr. Ardekani literally saved my life. He is the most professional psychiatrist I have ever seen (as I have seen others for my bipolar condition). He was very patient with me so as to be able to find meds that would work for me. My life is semi stable now and I can endure days without hesitation. I remain on meds lifetime and will always have my condition; but, he is the only person who cared for me and was patient with me years past and forward on. I do not understand the negative reports above about waiting to see him. All doctors make you wait to see them as their patient load cannot determine how time will be spent..not to mention hospital patients and inpatient care. He is good natured and a good man. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

Nice guy, but tells you what you want to hear. Makes it sound like every drug that he prescribes you is a magic pill with no side effects. Total pill pusher. Got me hooked on benzodiazepines in which I struggled with major withdrawal. If you have an appointment at 1:00, be prepared to actually see him at 5:00 or later

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

I saw Dr Ardekani while I was in the hospital and he seemed very nice, competant, etc... I made a follow-up appointment when I was discharged and I ended up sitting in the waiting room 2 hours past my scheduled appointment time when I finally got up and left. Then he sent me a bill for $300! Not recommended.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2007

Dr. Ardekani is a very nice doctor. My mentally handicapped sister uses him as her doctor. He is very helpful when trying to figure out how to calm her down, and if it wasn't for his help she wouldn't be able to still live with us. He is always eager to treat her like a human, and although he can be difficult to understand, his knowledge well surpases his language barriers.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2007

Doctors are not infallible gods...they are human beings, and human beings sometimes make mistakes, so after reading one of the comments here, I wanted to make my own comment. Dr. Ardekani is a VERY good psychiatrist. I've seen many doctors for my condition, and until I came to Dr. Ardekani, I was very unstable, and always felt drugged. Dr. Ardekani has helped me in so many ways, that there wouldn't be enough room here to mention it all...so I'll just say that he's a good man, and a very conscientious doctor. He has held many positions of distinction, and it is too easy to get in to see him as a new patient, because he has so many already, and more and more want to see him!! I'm glad that he takes time out of his very busy schedule to see me...and plan to continue to see him until I miraculously get better, or he retires...do

flag | Submitted January 14, 2007

Billed for services never performed. Prior experience; saw me for 45 seconds and charged major fees then.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2006

Dr. Ahmad B. Ardekani's Credentials

• Shiraz Univ Of Med Sci, Shiraz, Iran (Grad. 1974)

Oxford