Ratings for Dr. Robert C. Marchand

My experience was very poor on many levels. First surgery not done correctly; second corrective surgery also not successful and I was left with chronic swelling and pain. My last appointment with the doctor was him telling me, "Maybe you should get another opinion" and "Good luck" and I felt very dismissed. I have since seen a different doctor who spent more time with me in one visit than Dr. Marchand spent in total with me for two surgeries and office follow up The new doctor made several recommendations which immediately improved my situation. I also found his original secretary not to be very people friendly and quite abrupt at times. There is a new girl now- much improved. The billing department messed up more of my bills and medical claims than I have ever experienced. They kept billing out of network when it was in network, did double billing under two different names, told me I owed money only to receive a check reimbursing me because they "overbilled". The only two good experiences I has was South County Hospital is a hidden gem- so clean. And my anesthesiologist was superb (wish I could remember his name). He convinced to go with the spinal and I am so glad I did. I would never consider being treated by this ortho group again nor recommend them.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Marchand may be a good doctor with a good reputation, but only if you need surgery. My wife went to him because she was having hip pain. The initial exam was pretty quick, and Dr. Marchand ordered an MRI which we she completed quickly. When my wife went for the follow up exam, we spent a good 45 minutes in the waiting room and another 15 in the exam room. Dr. Marchand came in and told us that my wife would not require surgery, and for her to go back to the primary care physician. While he seems like a nice enough guy, Dr. Marchand spent less than 5 minutes with us after the long wait, plus the 45 minute ride we had in each direction. I feel that a phone call would have been sufficient in this case saving us the time and the 25 dollar co-payment. We would probably seek out Dr. Marchand again should an Orthopedic consult be needed, but I wish he could have offered a few more suggestions.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I had a partial knee replacement and i was very happy with the outcome... Dr. Marchand is a compassionate and knowledgeable man.. he cares about people and gives all his attention to his patients and listens to their concerns and makes sure they are at ease ..

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Excellent, caring physician. Really listens. Answers fears with gentle facts rather than platitudes. I had total confidence in his abilities and that of his team. My new hip feels like my own.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

The best hip doctor in New England and possibly furthur. He does specialty surgery like the BHR which most doctors won't take the time to learn. He has done over 1300 of them and is very accessible!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr. Marchand performed a total hip replacement on me using Mako Plasty. The operation was a tremendous success and I am so happy I chose Dr. Marchand over the large group practice in Providence and I am so glad I did. My entire experience with him, his staff, and South County Hospital has been phenomenal. I highly recommend him to everyone I know. He is a fantastic human being as well as an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

best doctor/surgeon in RI probably New england hands down. Great guy...great doctor

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

excellent explanations, compassionate, skillful successful surgery, great follow-up, willing to take time to answer questions

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

Had me unwisely rehabbing torn rotator cuff... then rushed off to lunch in his sports car at 11am. I switched Docs and had successful surgery. Office crew great.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

This doctor is absolutely fabulous. I have had 3 different surgeries performed by him - all turned out just fine. Plus, he keeps up to date with new procedures. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2008

Dr. Robert C. Marchand's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Wakefield, RI