Dr. Russell Dean Havranek

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Russell Dean Havranek

Appointments are difficult to take as we need wait for multiple months to visit him. Oh my god! People may die meanwhile.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

Dr. Havranek and his staff are great. They answered all of my questions and showed compassion. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2018

Very friendly staff, very punctual,very knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

New to the area and needed to find a Gastroenterologist . I looked on Heath Grades and found Dr. Havranek and his staffs reviews were very good. Never meeting Dr. Havranek i was a little nervous to say the least but after he came in and spoke to me before the procedure I was at ease. Everyone was very professional and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Havranek.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Smooth from beginning to end. Scheduling staff was always available. RN's were knowledgeable and answered all my questions. The anesthesiologist was great in getting things started an explaining everything she was going to do for sedation. Dr. Havranek was quick and efficient and answered all my questions. Results were quick too. It was my first time getting an endoscopy and it was not as bad as I thought the procedure was going to be.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

Like most I was not looking forward to this procedure and put it off. I can say that everyone I dealt with from Ana scheduling the appointment, to Linda and the entire staff put me at ease. Dr. Havranek was great as well. If this procedure is in your future I would definitely recommend making your appointment with him.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Professional, understanding. informative, truly a great Doctor

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Exceptional professional medical care, amazing Doctor, great staff

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I was looking for a different Gastroenterologist and was fortunate enough to find Dr. Havranek. At our first meeting, he was very thorough in his explanations, which puts you at ease. It was decided I needed an EGD to see what was going on. On the day of my procedure, his staff was very friendly and helpful. They really took care of me. Dr. Havranek checked on me prior to the EGD and then came to explain his findings afterward. I found I had questions after I had left, so I sent him an email with my questions and he responded within 48 hours (There was a weekend in between). I am extremely pleased with my experience with Dr. Havranek and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

This went as smoothly as possible. The before instructions and staff were helpful. The doctor was good and I would Recommend.

Dr. Russell Dean Havranek's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a board-certified Gastroenterologist practicing in the San Antonio TX area since 2005, my staff and I will provide the highest quality care for you and your family. Excellent medical care not only involves prompt and compassionate service, but also active and ongoing patient education throughout the evaluation and treatment process. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal and digestive disorders including particularly important health maintenance roles such as colon cancer screening.

• English

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (Grad. 2005)

• Irritable bowel syndrome
  • Ulcerative colitis
  • Colon polyps
  • Upper endoscopy
  • Capsule endoscopy

• Voted one of “Texas’ Top Doctors”
  • Recognition Award of Excellence in outpatient clinical care