Dr. Russell Dean Havranek

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Russell Dean Havranek

Great Doctor. Explained the procedure well and took time to answer questions.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2019

Great staff and excellent doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Havranek!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019

I am a new patient of Dr. Havranek and can only say good things about him. I have been amazed at the quick responses I have received when I submitted email and the clear answers I have received during office visits. His personal manner, his competence and his communication skills are all outstanding. I promptly received lab results from my procedure and was able to see them in the patient portal. Dr. Havranek is highly personable. His staff was also very supportive. I believe he deserves an excellent rating.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2019

Dr Havranek and his staff are excellent in every sense of the word. Most helpful people. Very confident I received the best care for my condition. Would recommend Dr Havranek to everyone. Kelly is so helpful too. Great team!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2019

My husband is a current patient of Dr. Havranek's though this was my first encounter with him performing an endoscopy and colonoscopy. I felt very comfortable with him and very safe in his care. I was recommended to a different specialist by my family physician, but my husband has seen Dr. Havranek for several years and encouraged me to go to him instead. I'm very glad that I did. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2019

Dr. Havranek is the best doctor in his field. He’s very informative and absolutely on point. He’s one of the very few I trust when it comes to specialists, and good specialists are hard to come by. His work is exceptional. I hope he doesn’t retire anytime soon because it’ll very hard to find a good doctor such as he. Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2019

Great care by everyone that I had contact with. I would recommend Dr. Russell Dean Haveranek to family and friends. I will continue to get medical care and treatment from him and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2019

Dr Havranek is a great gastro Dr to me & many of my friends . Just had my 2nd colonoscopy & again a very good experience . Just recommened him to my son in law !! Great staff, very clean & really like Dr Havranek see you again in 5 years..

flag | Submitted May 5, 2019

Dr Havranek is an OUTSTANDING physician. He is personable with a great bedside manner, very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain procedures, your care and condition. If you are looking for a great Gastro Doc I highly recommend Dr. Havranek. His staff is also top notch.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2019

I saw Dr H for my 2nd colonoscopy, and I think things went better than with my first Dr. I wasn't required to see him in his office first, which I appreciated. I had to reschedule once and the staff were very professional and efficient in getting this done. The Center was nice, clean and up to date. The Clinic staff were very nice and accommodating - LOVED the warm blankets! Dr H was kind and explained the procedure - gave me ample time to ask questions. The Anesthesia group he uses does not take my insurance but I was assured they will work with my insurance company regarding fee rates. I haven't gotten their bill yet but I anticipate this will all work out. I will definitely use Dr H again, but next time I will specifically request GoLightly for the prep - I was given SuPrep and it was really really horrible tasting.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2019

Dr. Russell Dean Havranek's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a board-certified Gastroenterologist practicing in the San Antonio TX area since 2005, my staff and I will provide the highest quality care for you and your family. Excellent medical care not only involves prompt and compassionate service, but also active and ongoing patient education throughout the evaluation and treatment process. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal and digestive disorders including particularly important health maintenance roles such as colon cancer screening.

• English

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (Grad. 2005)

• Irritable bowel syndrome
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • Colon polyps
  • Upper endoscopy
  • Capsule endoscopy

• Voted one of “Texas’ Top Doctors”
  • Recognition Award of Excellence in outpatient clinical care