Ratings for Dr. Melvin P. Karp

I have heard great things about Dr.Karp but after our first visit with him to go over doing a surgery on my child. He told us he would look over her records and call us in two weeks. Well that was in August and it is now October 26th and after calling his office at least twice a week every week,I have given up and will be using another surgeon. I am really upset by his lack of communication. His staff has told me they give him the notes directly. I feel that if my daughter has an emergency after the surgery how can I count on him to be there.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

This man is a saint and a lifesaver. His specialty is pediatric suregery and he has saved my daughter's life twice. In both instances, the emergency room people were not sure of the diagnosis but Dr. Karp knew instinctively what the problem was and knew what to do. It does not matter what time of the day, if he is needed, he will be there. One more thing, this guy was formely a professor of pediatric surgery and decided that his talents were best used if put into practice. Chances are, if you live in Palm Beach county and need surgery for your child, that you will get him anyway. He is a legend and, I think the only pediatric surgeon in Palm Beach County.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2005

Dr. Melvin P. Karp's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1974)

Ameritas