Ratings for Dr. Jon J. Warner

I had both major rotator cuff tendons completely torn through in my, left, dominant shoulder. My initial orthopedic doctor said that there was nothing that they could do and suggested a second opinion. The follow up surgeon, who is the shoulder surgeon for a prominent New England sports team also stated that there was nothing that he could do to help me and suggested Dr. Warner. Dr. Warner's innovative and cutting edge approach to my surgery and subsequent physical therapy has allowed me to regain the use of my arm where every other doctor that I was seen by told me that there was nothing that could be done. He has been nothing but extraordinarily professional and every member of his staff reflects his professionalism and care for his patients and their outcome. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Just had Latarjet procedure and it went well. My only issue is some of his office staff are very rude but I can tolerate them because he's the best.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

He expects you to kiss this papal ring; I'm a Protestant. I have an extensive orthopedic history like many of his patients. I waited 2+ hours for each visit for less than 3 minutes of his time. I found his arrogant, dismissive behavior off putting. I had been warned by a MGH nurse of his behavior but that he was top flight. I would rather have had a competent surgeon with an ounce of compassion than Dr Warner. His ego more than makes up for his height.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I shattered my shoulder from a fall on a marble floor. The trauma surgery resulted in limited utilization and extensive pain spasms. Both hands were necessary in order to complete ordinary daily functions such as combing my hair or brushing my teeth. I had virtually no strength capability. The first surgeon recommended I not purse further remedies to the problem but recommended I see Dr.Warner. Dr. Warner presented his recommended procedure accompanied with extensive statistics based on several risk criteria. After a thorough discussion of the risks and opportunity to improve my shoulder, I decided to pursue the second surgery. I was confident in Dr. Warner given the wealth of information he presented. One year later I have no pain and have 90% functionality, better than we had anticipated.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I can use my arm again and would never have anything negative to say about my experience. I'm so thankful to have my life back. Karen Cardillo

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

After suffering from extreme shoulder pain for some 35 years and finally reaching the stage where I could barely life a cup of coffee to drink, I sought to find a doctor who could do the surgery and replace my shoulder. Over those years, I had always gone to the doctors at Mass General Hospital to address my joint issues because of their reputation and association with Boston professional sports teams. So I went to the Patriots doctor who was going to conduct the surgery, but since their was a question as to whether my rotator cuff was intact and strong enough which would determine either a total or reverse shoulder replacement, he took me over to Dr Jon P Warner head of Shoulder Surgery at MGH. In fact he was present to observe the operation that Dr Warner successfully performed. I approached the surgery with great anticipation, but with trepidation as well, not knowing the kind of pain, discomfort and rehabilitation that would result. I was operated on a Tuesday morning, given a nerve block prior to surgery and then received shots of Demorol commencing at 2:00 am Wednesday morning. I was sent home on Thursday morning with a RX for oral pain killers and was off everything including tylenol or Ibuprofen by that Saturday midnight (just 4.5 days). The use of the cryrocuff and the soothing ice water it provided did the trick in controlling any discomfort or pain. I would say that I had more issues having my wisdom teeth removed than this total shoulder replacement which I attribute to Dr Warner's skill and experience. He prepared me mentally. He exuded confidence which made me feel I was in the right hands. I entered physical therapy a month after surgery and 6 mos later as I was good to go, playing badminton and golf pain free...One more time ,pain free!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I'M POSITIVE I FOUND THE VERY BEST SHOULDER SURGEON THERE IS! I I HAD A REVERSE SHOULDER REPLACEMENT IN DECEMBER '16, A BIT COMPLICATED IN THAT IT WAS MY FAVORITE SHOULDER HAVING ONLY ONE ARM. BECAUSE OF THIS WE DID A HUGE SEARCH FOR THE VERY BEST SURGEON THAT COULD BE FOUND AND DROVE THREE HOURS FOR EACH VISIT FROM CONNECTICUT TO SEE DR WARNER. MY SHOULDER HAD BEEN A WRECK FOR YEARS, THE ROTATOR CUFF SEVERALLY DAMAGED. WITHIN A COUPLE WEEKS FROM SURGERY THE REAL PAIN WAS LONG GONE AS WAS THE SLING [UNUSUAL BUT NECESSARY WITH MY ONLY ARM SO RESTRICTED]. FROM THE START I GOT SLOW, CARING AND ACCURATE ADVICE, I WAS PUTTING MY ONLY ARM AT RISK. DR WARNER COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE OPEN OR PROFESSIONAL. BEFORE HE WOULD EVEN DO THE SURGERY I HAD TO CONSULT WITH ONE OF HIS OTHER ASSOCIATES AT ANOTHER HOSPITAL. WARNER'S NOT THE SURGERY HAPPY DOCTOR WE SOMETIMES HEAR ABOUT, HE WAS AS CAUTIOUS AS I WAS. THREE MONTHS AFTER SURGERY I'M FEELING NOTHING LIKE THE PAIN I EXPERIENCED FOR YEARS BEFORE THE OPERATION. AS TOUGH AS THE DECISION WAS TO HAVE THE SURGERY I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY WITH THE EARLY RESULT AND I'M POSITIVE IT'LL BE BETTER AND BETTER. I COULDN'T RECOMMEND ANY SHOULDER SURGEON OR DOCTOR I'VE EVER DEALT WITH MORE THAN DR WARNER. I WOULD HAVE TRAVELED TO CALIFORNIA IF I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW! STOP YOUR SEARCH FOR A SHOULDER...JON WARNER IS THE VERY BEST!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I saw dr warner today I waited 2 hours my appointment was at 3:15 and I came at 3 I was not put into a room until 420 and I wasn't seen by anyone until 450!the first dr who came in was thoughtful nice and understand but when dr warned came in he was rushing being rude and and not caring the other dr suggest imaging after years of shoulder problems and coming back to him and dr warner just didn't care and came in no longer than 2 mins and then I left pretty much with no answers

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Did not like him at all! As a former football player at the highest level, I have had many surgeries by many surgeons. Not only is he condescending and rude, he could not and would not even try to fix my shoulder from years of abuse. He is so arrogant, he made me redo the MRI at his hospital even though it just had been done somewhere else!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr. Warner is a GENIUS both in and out of the operating room. He is widely recognized as one of the preeminent shoulder experts in the world. I have been blessed to have Dr. Warner repair both of my shredded shoulders, my right shoulder in 2013 and the left shoulder in 2016. His is always focused on making certain that I am happy and ensuring that I have the most positive of outcomes. Dr. Warner's Administrative Manager, Missy, is always responsive to my needs including custom ordering a special sized sling. I traveled from out of state for Dr. Warner and I encourage anyone who wants the best of the best to go to Dr. Warner FIRST.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Jon J. Warner's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1982)