You may also like

Rate Dr. Jon J. Warner

Dr. Jon J. Warner's Ratings

I am a resident from Western Mass. In the past five years I have had four rotator cuff repairs, the last of which did not hold. Dr. Warner came highly recommended from a variety of sources out here.
When I met with him, he spoke with confidence and professionalism. He was friendly, yet direct, and I felt I could trust him, so I had him put in a new shoulder (a reverse prosthesis). It wasn't until I read the operation report that I realized how complicated the surgery was. I was amazed at the care and diligence Dr. Warner took with me. During the operation he had to make many adjustments, including a different sized socket as well as re-shimming my bone graph. This man is not just a surgeon, but partly a rocket scientist as well. His work is brilliant, as is his personality.
Most people take operations for granted, but when you really understand what this man does and how much time, care, and dedication he gives to his patients, you will understand him in an even deeper way. I would recommend Dr. Warner to anyone who is in need of shoulder surgery. He gave me an arm back that I haven't been able to use for the past three years. Be assured, you are in "the best hands" with this guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2840432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Suffice it to be said, Dr. Warner is my Messiah.
Prior to my full right shoulder replacement, at the beginning of January 2015, I was in considerable pain and discomfort. Not only was my shoulder physically debilitating but it also had a profound, depressing, psychological effect upon me. At age 67, I was feeling my mortality.
That was particularly unusual for someone from my family where my Dad and Grandfather lived very active lives to ages 98 and 104 respectively. Prior to Dr. Warner I was beginning to think I would be lucky to make it to 80. The good doctors surgery has had a rejuvenating effect upon me both physically as well as psychologically. I now sincerely believe I am going to be good for a 100 plus. Furthermore, Dr Warners precise surgical skill and expertise left me pain free immediately after my surgery and through my rehab. The mobility of my arm has improved way beyond my wildest dreams. I have my dominate right arm back. I highly recommend Dr. Warner and his team. Dr Warners surgical skills have had a positive life changing effect upon me. Thank you so very much Dr. Warner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Over the past several years I have undergone multiple muscle transfer surgeries to my left shoulder after a serious fall. With little to no success a life of less pain, more strength, and a greater range of motion seemed unlikely. "WOW"! Then I am referred to Dr. Warner for yet another muscle transfer, only this time everything is different. Dr. Warner is truly refreshing, full off passion for making what's wrong right. His immense knowledge, skilled hands, and quest to further his capabilities are commendable. I truly believe that Dr. Warner would have not have attempted the transfer had he not been confident in its outcome, for me this was huge. The bottom line is that he knew what to do and he did it! This Thanksgiving we give thanks for being so blessed to have met a truthful Dr. Warner. Bill H.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

Had a great outcome after decades of shoulder instability and a prior failed stabilization surgery. Dr. Warner did a Latarjet procedure to definitively stabilize the joint. He is one of the most recognized experts in this procedure and it shows--he was clear and confident, but also explained everything very carefully. I am 9 months post-op and am very pleased with the outcome--rock-solid stability and good range of motion. Excellent strength. Dr Warner and his fellows were very available and responsive via email. Only downsides are that Dr. Warner is in a very busy academic practice--clinic often ran late, and a rotating army of med students, residents and fellows were involved in each visit. Most concerning is that appointments, even post-op follow-ups, were very difficult to schedule, often involving multiple calls and moved dates. Still, everything got done when it had to. Overall, I can't recommend enough--he is the last word for unstable shoulders.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087523].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

Dr. Warner is a wonderful surgeon. I had great results, no pain and no problems. I followed instructions exactly, did my physical therapy until the doctor said I was done.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2087522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

I am currently 62 years old and had both of my shoulders totally replaced by Dr. Warner, one in Nov. of 2011, and the other in Nov.2012. Prior to my surgeries I couldn't even reach for a glass in the cabinet or adjust the car radio without a lot of pain or supporting one arm with the other. To turn over in bed I would have to grab one arm with the other to just go from one side to the other. I then saw Dr. Warner and he took plenty of time with me and discussed my options and what to expect and not expect from the surgeries. Dr. Warner did a great job on both of my shoulders, his skill and expertise were incredible. He was concerned and compassionate about every one of my concerns. Every staff member that I came in contact with was very professional and extremely helpful. I am currently pain free. I go to the gym, I ride my just ski, drive my boat, play a little tennis and do some yard work too. Thank you Dr. Warner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2013

I live with daily, severe pain along my shoulder and left arm for years, due to an accident resulting in a severe neck injury. I've been to physical therapy many times, over 7 years, and was referred to Dr. Jon Warner by my MGH dermatologist, who also diagnosed me with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Dr. Warner did the quickest exam possible, and spent more time questioning me why I was not working since my accident as about my shoulder pain. He forced me to spend my appointment with him, which I'd waited several months for, defending my disability due to chronic pain. He was dismissive to my comments, and condescending about my condition, telling the resident doctor with him that I didn't even have EDS at all. He determined this not by my medical history, like my MGH dermatologist, but by bending my thumb in the wrong direction, attempting a single, remedial EDS test. He never understood the depth of my medical history of injuries due to hyperextension... and didn't want to hear it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2087526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2013

I could not have picked a better doctor than Dr. Warner for my shoulder surgery, Five small holes ,nothing major. After the surgery the MOST important thing was to be faithful to the therapy,without that you may as well not have the operation !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2013

I was referred to this surgeon by the first ortho I saw in my hometown after a displaced clavicle fracture. A plate and several screws later, I feel satisfied with the work. I agree with many others that his demeanor is less than warm, although I don't drive into town and wait for over an hour to see him for a friendly chat over tea. It was a bit insulting, however, when, after I developed frozen shoulder from too much time in a sling and not being told to start moving it soon enough (fault of his team, but I never said anything), he actually turned to my fiance and said that frozen shoulder sometimes develops as a result of being uptight (nice). Oh well, again- you don't go to these specialists for their personalities, but for their expertise, and I'm thankful for his work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

Dr. Warner is an excellent surgeon. He has a very professional and courteous staff. I highly recommend this practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087518].votes_count ]]