Ratings for Dr. Jon J. Warner

I have had multiple surgeries with JP most recently July 5 to repair my fractured scapula. JP was kind, thoughtful & caring throughout the process of repairing this difficult fracture. He was always available for any questions or concerns I had. He went so far as to get additional opinions from his colleagues on how best to proceed with this fracture repair. His entire staff was always there for me and were so kind. JP went to great lengths to be sure I was comfortable & well cared for during, and after surgery at MGH. I live in CT and travel 3 hours because JP is such an excellent, caring Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr. Warner is an exceptional professional in shoulder surgery. I had an extremely damaged rotator cuff with two retracted tendons/muscles. I couldn't even raise my arm above my chest, no strength and pretty constant pain. After surgery I was in a sling for 6 weeks and followed Dr. Warner's advice and didn't remove my arm from the sling except for showering. I had absolutely no pain after the first couple of days. At my first follow up I was given a DVD of the complete surgery as well a written report. During the follow up visits I never felt rushed and I felt that Dr. Warner was concerned about how I felt and my healing progress. It's been almost 8 months and after 24 weeks of physical therapy I can lift weight high over my head. I have about 95% or more movement, my strength is coming back with no pain at all. I feel my complete recovery is up to me to continue exercising but without Dr. Warner’s expertise I wouldn’t be this completely satisfied. I have a great deal of admiration and confidence in Dr. Warner and highly recommend him for any surgery he would perform.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I own a medical video production company specializing in surgical training and have had 2 major rotator cuff repair surgeries performed by Dr Warner, my left in 2004 and my right in July, 2015–which also included tears of the biceps tendon and labrum. In 2004, I asked one of my clients who produces instrumentation used in rotator cuff repair who he would choose to as his doctor if he could select any surgeon in New England. After checking with his colleagues who visit surgeons in the OR every day, Jon Warner was the surgeon recommended. Eleven years later, my left shoulder remains fully functional and pain free. After 6 months, my right shoulder, while still in the recovery period, has returned to almost complete range of motion and strength, both of which continue to improve weekly. During both treatment periods I found Dr Warner to be completely involved and concerned about my condition. When he was with me I felt I had his complete attention. Bsed on my experience, I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Warner!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

The best. Very little pain after shoulder replacement surgery and minimal pain lasted less than a day. I am two weeks out, getting therapy and feeling great. Dr. Warner is a talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

I am a resident from Western Mass. In the past five years I have had four rotator cuff repairs, the last of which did not hold. Dr. Warner came highly recommended from a variety of sources out here. When I met with him, he spoke with confidence and professionalism. He was friendly, yet direct, and I felt I could trust him, so I had him put in a new shoulder (a reverse prosthesis). It wasn't until I read the operation report that I realized how complicated the surgery was. I was amazed at the care and diligence Dr. Warner took with me. During the operation he had to make many adjustments, including a different sized socket as well as re-shimming my bone graph. This man is not just a surgeon, but partly a rocket scientist as well. His work is brilliant, as is his personality. Most people take operations for granted, but when you really understand what this man does and how much time, care, and dedication he gives to his patients, you will understand him in an even deeper way. I would recommend Dr. Warner to anyone who is in need of shoulder surgery. He gave me an arm back that I haven't been able to use for the past three years. Be assured, you are in "the best hands" with this guy.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Suffice it to be said, Dr. Warner is my Messiah. Prior to my full right shoulder replacement, at the beginning of January 2015, I was in considerable pain and discomfort. Not only was my shoulder physically debilitating but it also had a profound, depressing, psychological effect upon me. At age 67, I was feeling my mortality. That was particularly unusual for someone from my family where my Dad and Grandfather lived very active lives to ages 98 and 104 respectively. Prior to Dr. Warner I was beginning to think I would be lucky to make it to 80. The good doctors surgery has had a rejuvenating effect upon me both physically as well as psychologically. I now sincerely believe I am going to be good for a 100 plus. Furthermore, Dr Warners precise surgical skill and expertise left me pain free immediately after my surgery and through my rehab. The mobility of my arm has improved way beyond my wildest dreams. I have my dominate right arm back. I highly recommend Dr. Warner and his team. Dr Warners surgical skills have had a positive life changing effect upon me. Thank you so very much Dr. Warner.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Over the past several years I have undergone multiple muscle transfer surgeries to my left shoulder after a serious fall. With little to no success a life of less pain, more strength, and a greater range of motion seemed unlikely. "WOW"! Then I am referred to Dr. Warner for yet another muscle transfer, only this time everything is different. Dr. Warner is truly refreshing, full off passion for making what's wrong right. His immense knowledge, skilled hands, and quest to further his capabilities are commendable. I truly believe that Dr. Warner would have not have attempted the transfer had he not been confident in its outcome, for me this was huge. The bottom line is that he knew what to do and he did it! This Thanksgiving we give thanks for being so blessed to have met a truthful Dr. Warner. Bill H.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Had a great outcome after decades of shoulder instability and a prior failed stabilization surgery. Dr. Warner did a Latarjet procedure to definitively stabilize the joint. He is one of the most recognized experts in this procedure and it shows--he was clear and confident, but also explained everything very carefully. I am 9 months post-op and am very pleased with the outcome--rock-solid stability and good range of motion. Excellent strength. Dr Warner and his fellows were very available and responsive via email. Only downsides are that Dr. Warner is in a very busy academic practice--clinic often ran late, and a rotating army of med students, residents and fellows were involved in each visit. Most concerning is that appointments, even post-op follow-ups, were very difficult to schedule, often involving multiple calls and moved dates. Still, everything got done when it had to. Overall, I can't recommend enough--he is the last word for unstable shoulders.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. Warner is a wonderful surgeon. I had great results, no pain and no problems. I followed instructions exactly, did my physical therapy until the doctor said I was done.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

I am currently 62 years old and had both of my shoulders totally replaced by Dr. Warner, one in Nov. of 2011, and the other in Nov.2012. Prior to my surgeries I couldn't even reach for a glass in the cabinet or adjust the car radio without a lot of pain or supporting one arm with the other. To turn over in bed I would have to grab one arm with the other to just go from one side to the other. I then saw Dr. Warner and he took plenty of time with me and discussed my options and what to expect and not expect from the surgeries. Dr. Warner did a great job on both of my shoulders, his skill and expertise were incredible. He was concerned and compassionate about every one of my concerns. Every staff member that I came in contact with was very professional and extremely helpful. I am currently pain free. I go to the gym, I ride my just ski, drive my boat, play a little tennis and do some yard work too. Thank you Dr. Warner.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2013

Dr. Jon J. Warner's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1982)