Ratings for Dr. Jon J. Warner

Dr. Warner did a total shoulder replacement for me on Oct.2 2017. Today six months later it is perfect! He is a brilliant Dr. , very thorough, spent a lot of time with me and answered every question I had . He put the X-rays of my shoulder up on the computer and showed my husband and I exactly what he planned to do. I have extremely tiny bones and Dr. Warner had the perfect replacement made for me. I am most grateful to him. I would NEVER use anyone else. He is a true professional and also very kind!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Dr. Warner is terrific. He was knowledgable and took time to explain everything.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

In 2011 Dr Warner did a tendon transfer on my right shoulder. I was told there were only two doctors who were qualified to do the operation. I am going to tell u, I picked the best. I have a shoulder that I can use and without any pain. Dr Warner is a very skilled surgeon! He a doctor I will never forget! Thank you, Art Lemire

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

I am thankful I was able to have my two shoulders replaced by Dr. Warner. I am so very happy with the outcome. I can live pain free and would highly recommend Dr. Warner to all. I am also very happy with MGH.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I had both major rotator cuff tendons completely torn through in my, left, dominant shoulder. My initial orthopedic doctor said that there was nothing that they could do and suggested a second opinion. The follow up surgeon, who is the shoulder surgeon for a prominent New England sports team also stated that there was nothing that he could do to help me and suggested Dr. Warner. Dr. Warner's innovative and cutting edge approach to my surgery and subsequent physical therapy has allowed me to regain the use of my arm where every other doctor that I was seen by told me that there was nothing that could be done. He has been nothing but extraordinarily professional and every member of his staff reflects his professionalism and care for his patients and their outcome. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Just had Latarjet procedure and it went well. My only issue is some of his office staff are very rude but I can tolerate them because he's the best.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I shattered my shoulder from a fall on a marble floor. The trauma surgery resulted in limited utilization and extensive pain spasms. Both hands were necessary in order to complete ordinary daily functions such as combing my hair or brushing my teeth. I had virtually no strength capability. The first surgeon recommended I not purse further remedies to the problem but recommended I see Dr.Warner. Dr. Warner presented his recommended procedure accompanied with extensive statistics based on several risk criteria. After a thorough discussion of the risks and opportunity to improve my shoulder, I decided to pursue the second surgery. I was confident in Dr. Warner given the wealth of information he presented. One year later I have no pain and have 90% functionality, better than we had anticipated.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I can use my arm again and would never have anything negative to say about my experience. I'm so thankful to have my life back. Karen Cardillo

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

After suffering from extreme shoulder pain for some 35 years and finally reaching the stage where I could barely life a cup of coffee to drink, I sought to find a doctor who could do the surgery and replace my shoulder. Over those years, I had always gone to the doctors at Mass General Hospital to address my joint issues because of their reputation and association with Boston professional sports teams. So I went to the Patriots doctor who was going to conduct the surgery, but since their was a question as to whether my rotator cuff was intact and strong enough which would determine either a total or reverse shoulder replacement, he took me over to Dr Jon P Warner head of Shoulder Surgery at MGH. In fact he was present to observe the operation that Dr Warner successfully performed. I approached the surgery with great anticipation, but with trepidation as well, not knowing the kind of pain, discomfort and rehabilitation that would result. I was operated on a Tuesday morning, given a nerve block prior to surgery and then received shots of Demorol commencing at 2:00 am Wednesday morning. I was sent home on Thursday morning with a RX for oral pain killers and was off everything including tylenol or Ibuprofen by that Saturday midnight (just 4.5 days). The use of the cryrocuff and the soothing ice water it provided did the trick in controlling any discomfort or pain. I would say that I had more issues having my wisdom teeth removed than this total shoulder replacement which I attribute to Dr Warner's skill and experience. He prepared me mentally. He exuded confidence which made me feel I was in the right hands. I entered physical therapy a month after surgery and 6 mos later as I was good to go, playing badminton and golf pain free...One more time ,pain free!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I'M POSITIVE I FOUND THE VERY BEST SHOULDER SURGEON THERE IS! I I HAD A REVERSE SHOULDER REPLACEMENT IN DECEMBER '16, A BIT COMPLICATED IN THAT IT WAS MY FAVORITE SHOULDER HAVING ONLY ONE ARM. BECAUSE OF THIS WE DID A HUGE SEARCH FOR THE VERY BEST SURGEON THAT COULD BE FOUND AND DROVE THREE HOURS FOR EACH VISIT FROM CONNECTICUT TO SEE DR WARNER. MY SHOULDER HAD BEEN A WRECK FOR YEARS, THE ROTATOR CUFF SEVERALLY DAMAGED. WITHIN A COUPLE WEEKS FROM SURGERY THE REAL PAIN WAS LONG GONE AS WAS THE SLING [UNUSUAL BUT NECESSARY WITH MY ONLY ARM SO RESTRICTED]. FROM THE START I GOT SLOW, CARING AND ACCURATE ADVICE, I WAS PUTTING MY ONLY ARM AT RISK. DR WARNER COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE OPEN OR PROFESSIONAL. BEFORE HE WOULD EVEN DO THE SURGERY I HAD TO CONSULT WITH ONE OF HIS OTHER ASSOCIATES AT ANOTHER HOSPITAL. WARNER'S NOT THE SURGERY HAPPY DOCTOR WE SOMETIMES HEAR ABOUT, HE WAS AS CAUTIOUS AS I WAS. THREE MONTHS AFTER SURGERY I'M FEELING NOTHING LIKE THE PAIN I EXPERIENCED FOR YEARS BEFORE THE OPERATION. AS TOUGH AS THE DECISION WAS TO HAVE THE SURGERY I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY WITH THE EARLY RESULT AND I'M POSITIVE IT'LL BE BETTER AND BETTER. I COULDN'T RECOMMEND ANY SHOULDER SURGEON OR DOCTOR I'VE EVER DEALT WITH MORE THAN DR WARNER. I WOULD HAVE TRAVELED TO CALIFORNIA IF I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW! STOP YOUR SEARCH FOR A SHOULDER...JON WARNER IS THE VERY BEST!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr. Jon J. Warner's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1982)