Ratings for Dr. Chantal Ansell

Dr. Ansell is an amazing MD. She exhibits the highest quality of patient-centred care I have ever experienced. She ensures that all problems are being addresses and takes these concerns seriously. She isn't quick to write an Rx as most MDs are. She truly cares about her patients and ensures that the best possible therapies are taken to improve a patient's condition. I am a University athlete and she took extra steps to ensure that I could perform to the best of my ability - she even followed up with me. She is the prototype of what all MDs should compare themselves against.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

Dr. Ansell is by far one of the best doctors I have ever seen. She truly cares about her patients and has more than once followed up with me via a phone call after hours on her own time. Shes extremely knowledgeable and will take the time to discuss every aspect of your life (relating to your health) to ensure that what she is prescribing, or the method of treatment, is the most effective that it can be. I trust her wholeheartedly with my health.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

Dr. Ansel is a very good doctor. I know her more than 3 years now. She makes me, my husband and our son always comfortable asking her questions and answering them taking her time. She is one of the MDs who cares about whole picture and takes into account many important sides of health issues. So I am not sure why some people complaint about her work. If people do not find her helpfull please do not take her time and find other MD and let her be a little bit less busier so my family and others who likes her work can see her earlier than two weeks when we need her. Thanks for reading.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

While Dr Ansell is frequently running late it's because she TAKES THE TIME to make sure you receive the highest quality of care possible. She's much more willing to "think outside the box" than many other docs, and as such she will not give up on chronic problems (insomnia, in my case) that other MDs have. She is also very personable and accommodating.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Dr. Ansell is a *fabulous* doctor. She is extremely thorough and conscientious. Some patients may not like this style but, hey- when it's my health, I want my health professional to be careful! Anyways, she is deserving of all of the positive comments heretofore. Kudos as well to the rest of the staff at Student Health

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

To the last person who posted-Would you rather have had someone who's ego prevented them from looking into that book and finding the answers you needed? Would you rather have someone who just pretends to know the answers? You can't expect a family doctor to know everything about all of medicine- but at least they should know how to get the answers and when to refer you on to someone more specialized. And to the person who accused her of reminding you of things too many times- she was just doing her job and making sure you understood. If she had glossed over things then you would be accusing her of not taking time I am sure. As someone in the health field who sees this doctor I have been very pleased with her care. She never rushes you and takes the time to listen to all of your problems. She is definitely not incompetent.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

Helpful, but her competency was questionable. Came in with a bad case of rashes on the skin due to allergies, and she was baffled on how to treat it. Needed to look through her books before she could write a prescription for me.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

Talks down to you like you're a dumbass. Reminded me at least 5 times during a meeting that was less than 10 that I needed to come back in a couple months for my pap. Not my regular doctor but I needed a new prescription for the pill (this particular one I've been on for over 2 years) and she felt the need to go over every little problem with me again and tell me I should be using condoms too for two weeks after any time I'm more than an hour late remembering the pill. Ridiculous. Thinks people don't know anything about their own bodies or their sexual health.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

Dr. Ansell is a great physician, very thorough and knowledgeable. Similar to other U of S Health Centre staff, she is never in a rush and very relaxed while you are seeing her. I never feel silly asking her about anything; she is very open and shows concern.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2008

Extremely nice doctor! She's knowledgeable, very helpful, cares a lot.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2008