Ratings for Dr. Charles B. Giffin

Not totally happy with his interceptive staff who seems totally not empathetic to the patient arriving. They seem to be brushing them off in a hurry to move on to the next person in line.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

This doctor actually makes the phone calls himself. I never had a doctor who calls me directly with results. It was always the nurse. His time slot for patients is 20 minutes, it is 15 minutes with most doctors so the waiting is not bad at all. With a former primary doctor, I was often kept waiting for an hour in the waiting room then shivered as I waited another half hour wrapped in papers, only to see the doctor for five minutes. I thought it is routine and all doctors are that way. However Dr. Charles Giffin is completely different and proved me wrong.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

This guy is well trained, but he needs to work on his bedside manners. He cross-examined me about a refill on a prescription that I have been taking for years. Made me very uncomfortable, like I was being prosecuted for something (not a narcotic).

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

I connect with Dr. Giffin instantly. He makes me feel very comfortable and at ease. He gives me confidence to voice my ailments however minor. The above are very important to me, as also staying abreast of latest medication and any medical developments.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2008

Dr Giffin seemed uninterested, had little time. Seldom looked at me. I felt he did not care about me as a person, or my state of health. Abrupt and uninformative. Seemed in a hurry to get through with it and on to another

flag | Submitted February 21, 2008

Dr. Charles Giffin is a serious very dedicated doctor who cares about his patients and takes care of them down to the minutest details, careful and meticulous. Being rather low key, not the type to put on a big show, his gifted personality, his par excellence as a doctor is not readily visible at first visits. Over time, especially when one has illnesses needing diagnosing, that is when his excellence and uniqueness as a doctor reveal itself. And then one would not change him for any other doctors and when one has to, could never find any who measure up. Not only that, he might not make house calls, but he does personally make phone calls to patients instead of leaving it to his nurse, the way most doctors do. And he is very punctual, compared to most doctors. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2007

Had to wait 6 days for a prescription to be renewed.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2005

Dr. Charles B. Giffin's Credentials

• Mayo Medical School (Grad. 1977)