Ratings for Dr. Joel Cook

If you are reading this review, I am guessing you are in need of Moh's surgery and you are looking for the best surgeon possible. You need look no further, Dr, Cook is your surgeon. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He, and everyone on his staff, are incredibly competent, compassionate and kind. What I thought was going to be a simple procedure on my nose turned out to be way more complicated and required two surgeries for the best outcome possible. It hasn't even been four weeks, but I already am feeling like I look way better than I ever imagined possible at this point. And I have no doubt that within a few months, only those who really know me will ever know I had two surgeries on my face. I am feeling incredibly grateful that I have been in Dr. Cook's care for this journey. If a doctor has to take a scalpel to your face, you most definitely want Dr. Cook to be the one holding that scalpel.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr Cook is an exceptional and caring doctor. .The incision on my arm was long but is barely noticeable. He took time to explain the procedure to me and easily rescheduled when I had a personal situation I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

This man should not be allowed to do the Mohs procedure. He is arrogant, and he butchered my forehead. A nurse at MUSC told me that the nurses don't like him; they call him Dr. Quick because he does the Mohs in 2 big swipes. He made a huge round hole in my forehead and I will have to live with the scar forever.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Cook for years. Even after moving from the Charleston area I still travel two hours to be seen my him for Mohs surgery. I just had surgery this past Thursday and he had to do repair. I went in thinking it would be like the previous times but had to actually go back 3 times until he got all the cancer on my nose. Then he had to do reconstructive surgery so I will be going back once a week for the next 5 weeks. It is a scary but Dr. Cook and his staff explained everything as it was happening. I have every confidence in Dr. Cook. Everyone I dealt with made me feel comfortable and cared for. I have recommended him to many others over the years and will continue to do so. The next weeks are concerning wondering if I will ever look the same but I know I am in the best of hands. Thank you Dr. Cook and staff for all you do.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Horrible experiences with this arrogant man. Could care less about patient in my opinion. Multiple scars on nose, deformed nostril. When I got a second opinion from another doctor at musc cook now refuses to see me

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

quack butcher needs license revoked every doctor I spoke with since my surgical nightmare with cook have said cant believe he did that to you. most who made such remarks work at medical u. of s. c.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

He is the absolute best! He removed golf ball size basal cell from under my eye. His staff is wonderful and caring. I wish all drs at musc were as nice!!!! I would recommend him to everyone. A gentle and kind soul! Thank you, Dr. Cook.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

He is the ONLY one I would trust with my face. When it come to any kind of recunstruction, sutures etc. , a plastic surgeon could not do a better job - people come from all over the South for his skills. Jennifer Oidtman

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I really was impressed with everything . They acommadate you with everything that you need.It is like going to 5 star hotel except you are having surgery.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I just had a MOHS procedure on my face - above my lip. Not fun. I was very pleased with Dr Cook - he was confident, communicative and extremely good at what he does. His staff were great and made me feel like I was in good hands. Advice to others - don't be afraid to ask for valium to help you through this. :)

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015