Ratings for Dr. Angela D. Ruman

Even though the staff was kind and helpful, the person that actually is in charge of treating you is a absolute nightmare. Dr. Ruman is a condensending, dismissive doctor and that has a chip on her shoulder. She treats patients like they are a nuisance and doesn't take the time to understand that patients that are coming to her because they need help, compassion, and treatment. I would never recommended this doctor. You go to a doctor that actually cares for your will being, not a doctor that just cares about a paycheck and a Doctor title.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. Ruman is the best physician I have ever had. She is thorough and always addresses each issue carefully and refers when needed. She is very kind, respectful and compassionate. She also follows up on test results in a timely fashion and answers all of my questions.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

dr ruman denied me sterilization at age 41- "because I was a newlywed" very misogynist and offensive- very condescending tone

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

I started seeing Dr. Ruman a few months ago, and have been very unhappy with the service I've gotten. On my first visit, she prescribed medication for a condition I had and asked me to email her after a month to update her on my situation. I did so, and also asked some questions. Her reply showed that she was not a careful reader-- she didn't address my concerns, and her tone was condescending. Even though I was frustrated at not getting answers, I followed her advice to stick with the meds. A month later I emailed again, and again her response showed that she wasn't paying attention to what I was saying. I wrote back to correct her, and again her reply ignored the plain language of my message. I've now had enough -- I'm looking for someone else.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

I thought Dr Rumen was not good. I was ill and the day of my appointment, I could barely walk. She told me three times that she had only 30 minutes for me. She rushed me through and didn't get anything accomplished. Plus the doctor she referred me to was also not good. I would say AVOID Dr Rumen.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

Every time I see Dr. Ruman, I walk away counting my lucky stars that she's my internist. She's always on time, she's always thorough, she takes the time to answer all my questions, she listens carefully and gives a very thorough examination. I think she's brilliant. I also really like the Iris Cantor Women's Center. Very high level of professionalism from all the staff.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

I completely agree with the last poster, who has seen a marked change in Dr. Ruman's bedside manner in the last year or so. When I first saw her about three years ago, she was remarkably enthusiastic, energetic, generous, and warm. I was so happy to have found such a great doctor. My last appointment with her, about three months ago, was completely different--she rushed through the exam and was rather brusque throughout. This change might be attributable to her having had a baby recently, as the last poster noted, or that she also recently received tenure (as a UCLA medical center physician, she is a professor of medicine), which guarantees job security. It's really too bad--she used to be so wonderful.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Ruman for over ten years. When I met her, I loved the fact that she was so enthusiastic about being a doctor. She was informative, compassionate and followed through on many of the topics we discussed during our appointments, such as sending me documentation to see a specialist if needed. After marrying and having a child, her demeanor dramatically changed. She became cold and very judgmental, her bedside manner was so intolerable, that I finally changed doctor's this year. She was downright abusive. For example, when I had my annual check up 1.4 years later, she berated me for 15 minutes on how I had gained five pounds and she "didn't know what was going on." Every annual check up was $1000.00 billed to my insurance company, of which I pay 20%. I HATE doctor shopping, but at the end of the day, doctor's are still providing a service and I would think repeat business should be emphasized. As a former long-term patient, my advice is to keep shopping.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

I saw Dr. Ruman for 2 years and actually recommended her to several friends. However, at my last visit, her bedside manner was so poor, that I left her office without asking her questions that I had and feeling completely disrespected. She was rude and extremely unprofessional. I will never go back again.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2008

Dr. Ruman is awesome. I'm a bit surprised at the negative ratings. I've seen her for years and once she seemed annoyed when I was about 5 minutes late -- oh well -- but that's because she is very prompt. She is personable, helpful, a great resource and excellent listener. She's one of the best doctors I've had. I highly recommend her. Other specialists I had at UCLA and Santa Monica said that she is their doctor and that she's fantastic. Also, the Iric Cantor's Women's Center is superb!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Dr. Angela D. Ruman's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)