Ratings for Dr. Mona Patel

My child was in crisis and Dr. Patel was on vacation - she left the name of a covering doctor with the office manager- I called them to find out that HE was on vacation! The poor office manager was both stunned and embarrassed and eagerly worked with me and my insurance company to find a doctor in network. I will likely never return.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I find Dr Patel very helpful. Many of the complaints are that she is took quick to prescribe meds, however I went there with my daughter and after over an hour she told my daughter exactly what she was prescribing and the possible side effects. Also, the medication she prescribed helped my daughter through extremely tough times.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

When I was 13 I was forced to see this doctor. She immediately decided I was depressed and prescribed me Lexapro, which made me incredibly aggressive and hostile. She consistently asked me triggering questions about things I told her I did not want to discuss. She did this session after session and it was all she wanted to talk about and ignored me when I told her I got angry because of her triggering questions and she never ever wanted to discuss anything but the triggering things. Eventually she decided she was the one being "abused" and refused to see me. DO NOT SEE HER -- she will straight up abuse you. Her "treatment" has contributed to the worsening of my mental health.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Please DO NOT make the same mistake as I did, by seeing Dr. Patel. She is one of the most arrogant doctors I have ever come across. She has absolutely no knowledge about certain medications that every doctor SHOULD know. She prescribed me the wrong medication, and denied doing so, until I provided her with proof from the pharmacist. I could have died! Do yourself a favor, and avoid this doctor at any cost. I was relieved when I read all of her patient reviews online, and found that the majority of her patients felt the same exact way. There are plenty of excellent doctors out there, find another one.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

The most arrogant doctor I've ever come across. Didn't listen to a word I said. Thought she had me pegged in the first 30 seconds and didn't pay attention to a anything I said following. Thought her opinion was the only one that mattered. She was right and the rest of the world is wrong. That is why she is sitting in an office all day by herself unchallenged by the real world. She has no interest in helping patients, just in feeling superior. She represents everything that's offensive about the medical profession. She was very offended when challenged on inaccurate information. She is a sub par doctor who will most likely be sitting alone in the same "safe little" office with the same group of easy pray patients who will never find a hope for a cure. Because quite simply put, she's untalented. THERE ARE PLENTY OF GOOD CARING DOCTORS OUT THERE, JUST NOT HER.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

Dr. Patel was very quick to prescribe medications. It seemed that was her answer to e dry issue - prescribe more medication. She added Abilify to my daughter's "cocktail" - even though she was only 15 - and suicidial ideology consumed my child the whole time she was on it. Once hospitalized, medications were changed and within a year, I tried a holistic method of therapy and my daughter was off of all drugs. She got to enjoy her senior year and go on to college. If she were still being cared for by Dr. Patel and had be advised to take more drugs, I don't know if my daughter would be alive today.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Very quick to prescribe medication, without explaining full side effects. Seemed bothered and rushed when asked questions. When I wanted an appointment for my child, that seemed to be having side effects to the medication, her response was we'll put her on our "appointment cancellation list" In my personal opinion, she just does not care. She just wants your money and move on.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Was quick to prescribe meds without getting a full history. My daughter did not like her because she was too willing to prescribe meds. Would not recommend especially for adolescent

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

I always feel very rushed during my appointment and "on the clock". She seems to be a nice woman but I don't feel she has a lot of knowledge or enthusiasm to help with my condition. Would not refer to any friends or family for sure.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

Dr. Mona Patel's Credentials

• Grant Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1985)