Ratings for Dr. Michael C. Distefano

Had three differerent surgeries and all have held up. I am 20 years post op and I have strong knees.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Could not be happier with the results of my meniscus surgery in December, and would (and have) recommend Dr. Distefano in a heartbeat. I was given thorough instructions beforehand and I especially appreciate that his secretary was able to schedule the surgery quickly while I still had good coverage. It was a little strange that I was expected to settle my entire bill on my follow up visit, but other that that, all went well and six months later I'm very pleased to have an almost pain free knee!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

If I saw Dr. Distefano for a total of 10 minutes in the two appointments I had, that would be a stretch. I was seen by his PA both times, had my hand placed in a cast by his PA , twice, and then told to,see a hand specialist, that I needed surgery. Thank God I did what they said. The hand specialist was wonderful, cut the cast off and after taking more X-rays, said I did not need surgery. He wrapped the broken fingers in surgical tape after having me put my hand under warm water. The hand had not been wet in almost three weeks. I now have the freedom to drive and the freedom to be more flexible in my daily activities. I will not be going back to this office.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

outstanding staff.... efficient, caring, meticulous, doctor who listens as well as he explains procedures and strategies for a patient

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

First time seeing Dr. D. I was ocontact with. Especially Diane who explained everything that I had to know about my

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. D is an amazing surgeon. Did a wonderful job and feel better than ever. True about the bedside manners in the comments below, but wouldn't you rather have an awesome surgeon, then a talkative dr? highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Dr. Distefano did a total knee replacement on me in September, 2011. My results were fabulous! He is a wonderful knowledgeable physician. His office staff are very kind. I did wait a little while to be seen, but there were emergencies that day. I guess in an orthopedic office you must squeeze the patients in when they need to be seen. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

I had a total hip replacement after putting it off for years and I am doing wonderful, finally pain free

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

If you don't get too aggravated with the wait and don't walk out Dr. D is a great doctor. Very knowledgeable. Had a torn rotator cuff repaired - staff very nice but extrememly busy.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Waited an hour and a half and then saw the physicians assistant. Was not told I would not be seeing the doctor at the time I made the appointment nor when I arrived. P.A. diagnosed and prescribed a product not recommended for my shoulder by the FDA. Dr. DiStefano had absolutely no interaction with me; not so much as an greeting and I am not at all sure he conferred with the P.A. This was my third visit and honestly very disappointing. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Dr. Michael C. Distefano's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1977)

Pacificare