Ratings for Dr. Monica T. Agar

I love Dr Agar. Very professional, knowledgeable and takes her time to ask and answer questions. She makes you feel at ease.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

This practice does not return phone calls. Plus I have called 6 times for a renewal of my prescription and have yet to get a return call..It is going on 8 days today. Tomorrow on my day off I plan on making a visit to the office to see Dr.Agar. I love her but her staff is not so good...

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr. Agar delivered both of my children. My beautiful daughter 11/29/01 and my amazing son 6/23/05. Dr. Agar does not only have an amazing bedside manner, she saved the life of both my son and I. I came into the hospital with a few complaints. When they could not immediately find anything, an OBGYN I had not met yet....... Sat on my bed and asked if I needed a break from my 3 year old. This woman ACTUALLY suggested I was running away from my child! Right before I was discharged, Dr. Agar came to see me. Dr. Agar noticed my husband rubbing my calf. Dr. Agar immediately questioned me..... I was experiencing massive leg cramping. I told the other doctors and everyone chalked it up to pregnancy. Dr. Agar immediately told my husband to STOP rubbing. Long story short..... She discovered a massive blood clot in my right thigh (from my knee all the way to my groin!). I ended up with a longer hospital stay, months of shots.... Etc...... AND a VERY healthy baby boy! Thank you Dr. A !!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

I thank GOD for Dr. Agar she is a good person and a wonderful doctor!!! Dr. Agar's bedside manor is AWESOME. It is so very hard to find a doctor/physician who really CARES and takes time out to hear and understand your concerns. I try to send every woman who iam friends with to leave there OBGYN and go to Dr. Agar. The staff at both locations are good also, whenever i had a question or concern they had someone call me back or Dr.Agar herself. Thank you GOD for Dr.Agar. Dr. Agar many blessings to you!! keep up the good work and never ever change i appreciate you.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Excellent. Gentle way with patience, knowledgable and good follow through.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

I constantly stress about going to the OB/GYN however as soon as Dr Agar walks in the room- I am immediately at ease. She is friendly and makes the whole experience comfortable. She takes plenty of time out to address any and all questions you have and explains everything thoroughly. She explains all options of medications and treatments and works with you to figure out what is best and what you will be most comfortable with. My wait times have never been long. The staff has been friendly and work hard to make sure you are comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

I love Dr. Agar -- loved my prenatal visits with her, loved that she was the one who delivered my daughter, will definitely continue to see her for my yearly exams. I feel that she genuinely cares about my well being, and I trust her enough to be honest about things that otherwise might make me kind of uncomfortable. A warning, though: she is *such* a great doctor and so popular that you literally have to wait months to schedule an appointment with her (at least a non-emergency, non-prenatal visit). Also, the Mt. Holly office is so busy that I routinely sat in the waiting room for 30+ minutes for prenatal visits... once as long as an hour. Just FYI.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Dr. Agar has made me feel so at ease I look forward to seeing her for each of my prenatal visits. She has an attention to detail and a calming bedside manner. I'm new to the area and so happy to have found her and this practice!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2007

Dr. Agar is great! She's very friendly, very knowledgeable, and it's never awkward...which is rare for an OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2007

Dr. Agar is a sweet, gentle soul, I must say. She feels more like a friend than a doctor when I go in for my visits. I saw her for my prenatal visits and she delivered my son via emergency c. All the nurses raved about what a perfect incision I had and how well it was healing. If you want to feel at ease for your ob/gyn visits, give Dr. Agar a try. You won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2006

Dr. Monica T. Agar's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1995)