Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Palumbo

I suffered from rather severe cervical stenosis and was very fortunate, once again, to have Dr. Palumbo as my spine surgeon. Dr. Palumbo successfully performed a 3-level cervical laminoplasty on May 22, 2017, and did a superb job. Prior to surgery, I had severe neck pain, radiculopathy, and paresthesia in my arms down into my hands, and in my legs down to my feet. I was barely able to work, and unable to exercise. Notwithstanding my implicit trust and confidence in Dr. Palumbo, I was somewhat apprehensive prior to undergoing neck surgery. Dr. Palumbo patiently answered all of my questions, and took the time to educate me on the procedure he would perform. Dr. Palumbo is easy to talk to and personable. Dr. Palumbo went over my MRI with me, explaining my condition, answering all my questions; even showing me a PowerPoint presentation for a lecture on cervical laminoplasty that he was giving to other spine surgeons. Dr. Palumbo discussed all of my nonsurgical and surgical options, tailoring the surgery he performed, selecting the “least traumatic” procedure” that would alleviate my pain and restore my health. I had an outstanding recovery. All of my pre-surgery symptoms are gone, and my neck is now completely pain free. I have full range of motion in all planes with zero pain. I have been back to work for several months (part-time at first), and I am back riding my bicycle for 25 to 30 miles, several times per week. I’m not surprised about my great recovery. I first met Dr. Palumbo in 2006, when he performed successful decompression surgery on a very painful herniated disc at the T12-L1 intervertebral level, restoring my health and giving me my life back. When I developed cervical stenosis eleven years later, I did not hesitate to return to Dr. Palumbo for treatment. I have unreserved trust and confidence in Dr. Palumbo. He is a gifted, compassionate, highly skilled surgeon, and a very caring, empathetic person. Dr. Palumbo has earned my utmost respect and admiration; I recommend him highly, without reservation or qualification of any kind.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I had three surgeries with Dr. Palumbo - neck and lumbar spine. All very successful and with full recovery of function. I could not find a more skillful, caring and attentive physician than Dr. Palumbo. He is not only a great surgeon, but also a very kind human being.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Prior to seeing Dr P, I saw 3 practioners for sudden onset of acute unrelenting pain in my upper back, extending into my shoulder rendering my left arm useless. No one was able to identify a cause. Dr P. listened, did a brief exam & immediately rendered a diagnosis. He did my surgery, I awoke pain-free & after rigorous PT, regained the use of my arm. I consider Dr. Palumbo to be one of the finest doctors I've ever been to, and an extremely skilled surgeon, as well as professional and kind.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

This man is a master of his trade!!! A consummate professional who treats patients, support staff and peers graciously and with the utmost respect. I am not a surgeon, but wil ltell youhe is a craft-master. I came to him with the utmost of pain and came out the other side free of pain. It is with my strongest reputation that I recommend him to all with acute and chronic spinal pain! He is "The Man!"

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Very thankful to Dr. Palumbo for his excellent care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I had amazing results. Better than I hoped for. I was able to do things I hadn't been able to do for years. It changed my life for the best. He was very patient and explained things completely. I can't thank him enough for the better quality of life I have.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr. Palumbo was a God send to me. I instantly liked him and felt he really cared about how much pain I was in. He was through and came up with a few options which, in my case, I chose surgery to alleviate the pain and literally crooked spine I had after suffering for months with a herniated disc and sciatica. I was in and out of the hospital the same day with amazing results and I have his expertise to thank. He was my life-saver!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I was hit by a car while riding my bike and sustained spine fractures . I was referred to Dr Mark Palumbo who saw me in a timely manner and provider me with my options . I was fortunate enough not to have to go to surgery right away and if I was compliant there was a very good chance I could avoid surgery all together. Dr Palumbo reviewed my images every time I I had an appointment explaining my healing process. He is very straight forward and always listened to my concerns. I am very pleased with my results.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr. Mark Palumbo was my surgeon for back fusion in sept of 2016. He is very straightforward, clear and listens well. I am pleased with the results of my surgery and the choice of Dr. Palumbo as my Surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr. Palumbo is skilled, empathetic, understanding, supportive, involved, attentive. He explains his assessment and options going forward, through the surgery and recovery. He is gentle and inspires confidence. Without exceptions, highly recommend Dr. Palumbo.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Mark A. Palumbo's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Providence, RI