Ratings for Dr. Howard M. Cohen

Didn't go over the adverse effects of the medications he prescribed. Notes had incorrect information. Only saw Dr once a year.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Staff is very rude and seems to not know what they are doing. The office OVER books to the point the usual wait time is 1 hour. Once I waited almost 2 hours then walked out, when they still didn't know how long it would be until I would see the doctor. I keep seeing him only because he helps with pain management and depression. otherwise STAY AWAY

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I've suffered through many years with low back pain. Dr Cohen has helped me so much. He didn't give up on me, but kept searching different therapies to find what worked best for me. While I'm not pain free, but my quality of life is so much better. If you suffer from chronic pain, you should definatally go see Dr Howard Cohen. You'll be glad you did.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

If your looking for one of the BEST pain management doctor look no further! He is so awesome at coming up with medication as he knows how to use different medications to work together that really helps! He is very caring and is always there to help and back up his patients! He has made medications that no other doctor would even think about looking outside of the box or they don't even know how to do this in making up new compounds to help lower your pain!! He has won several awards and has been rated as the best pain management specialist in Texas!! He is about to move from the office he's at now to Baylor to start his own practice! So hands down if your looking for the BEST here he is in Dallas, Texas!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

RECOMMENDATION 11 JULY 2015 FIBROMYALGIA PATIENT: I HAVE MY LIFE BACK.:) For 15 years, I tried various doctors, specialists, physical therapists, and treatments hoping to find a treatment or cure for my Fibromyalgia. It was expensive. I even had one doctor who had the gall to tell me that I had imaginary pain. Finally, I was referred to Dr. Howard Cohen at the P.R.I.D.E. Clinic it is an outpatient program. For myself, getting better involved a slow and gradual process. First, he got me off ALL narcotic pain medications. After a year, I was ready to take the next step. The next Step: At the P.R.I.D.E. Clinic, there is no “magic wand” that a doctor will wave over your head to instantly cure you. There is no “magic pill” to make your pain go away forever. This is not a passive treatment: rather; it requires an active participation and a physical change in lifestyle. In the P.R.I.D.E. “Physical Rehabilitation Program” you are taught a set of skills and strategies to use when the onset of worst pain happens. (Some of the techniques sounded a little counter-intuitive at first. Later, I learned that these techniques really do work, with practice. The biofeedback training was very helpful, along with the CD meditation/relaxation exercises.) I have learned that I must live with a little pain so that I can be able to feel and gain control over the muscle spasms in my body. Moreover, the most difficult thing for me to learn was when I am hurting badly that I must get up, warm up, and stretch. This very slow stretching together with methodical breathing technique relieves the pain caused by the muscle spasms and the stress response that are symptomatic of Fibromyalgia. One mind trick helped a lot to get my mind off of the fear of pain and of re-injury: I would listen to an MP3 player while I was warming up, stretching, and/or exercising. I had my favorite inspirational, uplifting, and motivational music on it. Third, the Physical Therapists, doctors, and specialists LISTEN to your feedback. Crucial to my results was the fact that each patient has their own personal history of physical injuries over their lifetime: the stretching and physical exercise program is customized for each individual patient. I had tried 3 other physical therapy clinics in the past: they would not listen when I told them that a particular stretching exercise was causing pain to the point of re-injury in my spine In contrast, at P.R.I.D.E. the physical therapists can teach you to modify certain exercises and stretches to work around your damaged area(s). And if you are having a “bad day” then you can pop in and see a counselor, who will help you realize that this is just a temporary setback. The staff are professional, friendly, courteous, and very helpful. I am off ALL narcotic pain medications for 2 1/2 years now. I also have a part-time job, 20 hours/week. The difference in my life now is like night and day. Instead of living and suffering a “nightmare of pain”, I can now enjoy working and living. If you have tried just about everything and were not successful, then try Dr. Howard Cohen, MD, at P.R.I.D.E.. Better yet, save 15 years of wasted time, energy, and money on doctors who have good intentions, but who do not have the research and experience to back up what they are doing and saying. Try to be teachable and to have a little faith that these specialists know what they are doing and saying. Dr. Howard Cohen and P.R.I.D.E. will customize the Functional Restoration Program to each patient for actual, measured, results. I now have my life back, thanks to Dr. Howard Cohen and the staff at P.R.I.D.E..:)

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Dr. Cohen would have to work himself up to useless. I don't think he knows his butt from a hole in the ground. I don't get how some people can be smart enough to get through medical school, internship, and residency; maybe even a fellowship, yet have the common sense of a lemming.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Truly horrible pain management doctor, with 4 hour wait times EVERY single time I went (even with seeing his nurse practitioner. He even went so far as to encourage me to "play chemist" (his exact words) and use a hammer to crush up a muscle relaxer and mix it with an over the counter med (needless to say, I definitely DIDN'T). Was upsetting, intimidating, and all around inappropriate. During one of my first few visits when I mentioned that I took Ambien, he had the audacity to recommend that I try GHB (aka roofies!) and offered to prescribe them! No thanks... should have gone running after that, and I'm sad I stuck around as long as I did! I did like Maile, his nurse practitioner; she was literally the only competent staff member (doctors included) in the ENTIRE practice! Stay far, far away from this weirdo.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Dr. Cohn and his Nurse Practitioner Maille are by far the best, kindest, most understanding medical team ive ever had. They truly care about their patients and make every effort to make each patient feel important and attain the best physical condition possible, Ive come a long way!!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr. Cohen is one awesome man! I can't tell you how much I appreciate what this man has done for me!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr Cohen is awesome! He is one of the best Dr's I've ever worked with and I've seen many over the years. He treats me like a person and not just another patient. I was bed ridden for months and he literally gave me my life back! The nurse practitioners and staff are very friendly as well.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Dr. Howard M. Cohen's Credentials

• Arabic

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Workers Comp