Ratings for Dr. Ruth E. Haskins

I have seen Dr. Haskins for many years. I cannot say enough about how phenomenal she truly is! She is knowledgeable, direct and sets clear expectations about the conditions that I have seen her for. She does a fantastic job educating me in the process, listens and respects my questions. Dr. Haskins is everything that I look for in a physician. I truly respect her practice and recommend her to anyone who seeks the same qualities in a physician.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr. Haskins helped me so much during my first very difficult pregnancy! She really knew how to make sure my son and I made it through safely. After she moved to Folsom and moved farther away I made the drive to see her with my next 2 pregnancies. She & NP are amazing! Caring, incredibly knowledgable, and I trust her with my health & life and that of my sons. You won't find a better ob/gyn anywhere! I am lucky to have had her there for us!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Haskins for several years. You can choose to see her or her nurse practitioner. I have seen both. Dr Haskins is very knowledgeable and thorough. She's gentle and tells you everything she is doing. After your exam she will meet with you in her office and discuss any concerns. She spent 20 min with me after my exam. Her staff is friendly and helpful. I will say that in 2012 she had staff that was horrible. Very unpleasant. Those people are gone now. I highly recommend

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Haskins takes the time to explain things in detail. She is extremely knowledgeable and I cannot emphasize enough how very patient she is; she is willing to answer all of my questions so that I have a thorough understanding of the situation. I have always found her and her staff to be professional and helpful, while extending a level of care that goes beyond the office. I would highly recommend Dr. Haskins to anyone looking for a competent and compassionate doctor who will empower you to make decisions about your healthcare.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I have never in my life been so humiliated and treated so poorly by ANY medical professional. I am a 26 year old woman who was diagnosed with poly cystic ovarian disease. When she first came into the room she wouldn't even look at me and started criticizing my weight prior to my physical exam, I was HORRIFIED to say the least. I have struggled my whole life with this and she was cruel to put it mildly. She then went on to talk about herself for most of the time, and then told me after required blood work that I would have a WRITTEN letter sent to my house with the results. A letter that after two weeks never came. She refused to call or email, stating it would be too time consuming. She said I could have uterine cancer or many other things wrong with. I left crying in tears and had to fax a letter after two weeks to get my results. I would never go to her, I go to Dr. Melichone who is amazing, kind and cares about his patients deeply unlike this cold fish of a woman!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

I am from Brazil and evey time I am in the US I make sure I go see Dr Haskins for my anual exam. My last experience with an OBGYN in California was terrible and very expensive also, so when I found her I was very happy and pleased withthe way she treated me. She is very straight foward and treats you with respect.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Had diagnosis determined before I even walked in the door. Iwas emotional over my condition and tears of relief sprang to my eyes. Dr Haskins told me I appeared visibly upset and said, "What did you think you would walk into surgery today's shave us cure all your problems?" Also accused me of doubting her recommendations and insinuated I would Dr. Shop I til I found someone to cut open my belly. Very rude, did not let me speak and offered no follow up in condition worsened or persisted longer than expected.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

This doctor & staff is an absolute joke. The current appointment setter forgot to put my appt in their books, then presumed to act like my husband I should be okay with waiting another month to get in. Rolled their eyes. Lied about another patient coming in, so they couldn't even fix their mistake. The staff is rude, Haskins is rude and egotistical-- I actually talked to the hospital administrator about her and he wouldn't even Reccomend her!! This was the worst physician and staff I have ever been in contact with! I vow to spread the truth about this practice if it will save even one woman from going through what I went through. I am now sitting in the ER because no other doctors in Sac area have openings for a month!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Excellent doctor, explains everything in detail. She is very knowledgeable and polite and listens to what you have to say

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I had both my children delivered by Dr. Phelan who is located in close proximetry to Dr. Haskins. Both of my OB and delivery experiences were so positive. Too many woman think that having a female doctor is a priority but I am glad that I put that out of my mind when choosing Dr. Phelan. He is a kind doctor who is truly one of the best OB's in the area.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr. Ruth E. Haskins's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)