Ratings for Dr. Lois M. Townshend

Post surgery staff was not responsive to pain. Felt they didn't believe me. Doctor is very abrupt and quick to tell you how good she is.. Not up to date with methods of another doctor i went to in another state. Very robotic staff and doctor.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Our family has been going to Dr. Townshend for years, and every experience has been excellent. She is currently treating me for a complex ocular issue, and her care is both professional and compassionate. The team of specialists I am with have high praise for her, which only increases my confidence. Her support staff have gone the additional mile, sometimes phoning me (in the early days, when I was truly scared) and offering concern and reassurance. I cannot imagine any other medical practice that I would trust my vision to.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

My children and I have been seeing Dr. Townshend for different concerns with our eyes over the years and I have never taken the time to sing her praises. Well it's time. She is confident, very knowledgable, which always puts us at ease, especially with children, and compassionate. No question my family would see no one else with matters of the eyes. My parents even see her now and they rave about her. Be well Dr. Townshend, we need you.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

We have been seeing Dr. Townsend since my son was 6 months old. He had severe "lazy eye" . His vision in the lazy eye was deteriorating and needed to be strengthened. We used patches and his vision improved. He then had surgery to correct the lazy eye. Dr Townsend performed the surgery without any complications. She was brilliant her staff at the surgery center in sandwich was phenomenal. Dr Townsend is very busy but that's because she is the Best and every patient that does their research knows that and goes to her. I can't say enough about how great Dr Townsend is.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

After moving to the area 2 yrs ago I started seeing Dr. Townshed. During an exam she noticed scar tissue in my left eye and told me of a surgery that could be done. After trying drops for 3 months she told me to come in if it didn't work to schedule surger. Could not get follow up apt so at 5 months finally saw her and she never paid attention to why I was there, charged another co payment prescribed more drops and told "Oh Sorry try for 1 month if not working we will schedule surgery" Finally got surgery scheduled had to wait 2 months, had it schdueld day after my birthday, changed my own vacation, got coverage for my kids as I am a widow, cleared time off with job. All trying to get this done while buying a home. I get a call the day before surgery, after receiving the confirmation call from hospital confirming, after going to my primary and paying co-pay for pre-clearance. "We are so sorry but Dr. Townshed is going on vacation next week and will have to cancel your surgery". Less than 24 hrs notice! The staff person who had to make this call got the brunt of my anger and was trying to do what she could to help. I insisted that Dr. Townshed call me personally and when she did she was very light hearted about the terrible mix up. The staff person told me that the vacation was not in the books when I scheduled and that the Dr. just looked at her schedule yesterday. But the Dr was very clear that it was the staff's fault. I find this EXTREMELY unprofessional. In a few months I will not have insurance and now have to start from scratch. I so hope the dear Dr. has a great vacation, far be it for me or any other patient cause her any disruption in her life.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I was born with a severe case of lazy eyes and Dr.Townshend first operated on me when I was 6 months old and even now at 25 I would never trust anyone but her with my eyes. She is fantastic!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

I have recently begun to see Dr. Townshend for a problem with my vision diagnosed elsewhere. I have never had a negative experience with my previous eye doctor, but I often found myself leaving appointments confused. I saw Dr. Townshend for a second opinion, and the difference was amazing. She explained exactly why I was having trouble with my vision, even drawing me a diagram so I could see the problem for myself. She didn't overwhelm me with technical details or talk down to me like I couldn't understand what she was saying. She was just really friendly and down-to-earth, and I ended up feeling like I now understand exactly what the problem is and what to do about it, and feeling way more relaxed about the whole situation. I just thought I'd post in a few places to say I had a great experience and I will definitely be switching to Dr. Townshend.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Myself and my children have seen Dr. Townshend for various different reasons. My daughter has always been anxious at doctor's appointments but Dr. Townshend and her staff made her feel completely at ease. On occasion we may have had to wait a bit but always feel the small wait was worth it! I would highly recommend Dr. Townshend and her practice to anyone in need .

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I feel that this doctor does not have good coomunication skill even if she has good techniche (I do not know, it seems that she practiced for a long time). When I said "my daughter is only 4 year old, she is young" She said"We give glasses to babies,your daughter is not young." Well, she is used to see patients everyday, does she have kids?!She has at least two technicians. It seems that her technicians do all of the work and she only need to see the data. She do not ask case history and she does not have time to speak to you. She only speak to her technician.You spend an hour in her clinic,waiting one technician after another, finally the doctor only see you one minute,then the technician will lead you out of the door which means "you are done. you can go". Her technicians behaved just like her.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

BEWARE! Dr. Townsend performed Lasik in 2007. Nothing complex about my prescription, but one eye failed and the other took forever to heal. I was left to seek out expert help on my own - at my own expense - over a long healing process. The laundry list of questions I asked were met with "it's all simple" attitude. Five years later, I have cataracts in BOTH eyes from the steroid-based drops used - not once was thet risk dicussed with me. Now I face additional complications, more surgery and a thining of the eye tissue - another typcial risk never discussed. Many have Lasik with great results - I suggest you insist on answers to the following questions: 1) How many time have you experienced a failure - if the snswer is none - run. 2) When you have a problem, what protocol is in place to handle it? 3) List all the risks associated with the aftermath of surgery even if successful correction is achieved. I would hate to see anyone else find their eyesight in jeopardy as I do at age 49!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Dr. Lois M. Townshend's Credentials

• Univ Of Western Ontario, Fac Of Med, London, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Plymouth, MA