You may also like

Rate Dr. Tina M. Gingrich

Dr. Tina M. Gingrich's Ratings

I feel it is important to share what my experience was with this provider so that other patients looking for an OB/GYN can make a well-informed decision. I began going to this practice years ago and usually saw Lynne, the PA. I absolutely loved her and was very happy going there for my routine GYN exams. When I got pregnant, however, it was a completely different story, and I am no longer seeing this provider. I ended up having a missed miscarriage with twins several months ago, and it was an absolutely terrible experience. The staff was very rude and unprofessional, referring to my twins that had died 4 days earlier as "products of conception". When I called the office crying and asking if there was any way I could have another ultrasound or some blood work done to confirm that it was truly a miscarriage, they responded that "we don't normally do that" and told me "miscarriages just happen, they're more common than you think". I eventually decided to have a D&C because I just wanted the nightmare to be over with. Dr. Gingrich was an hour late for the procedure, and didn't even come and check on me afterwards. At my follow up appointment, I waited an hour and forty-five minutes for Dr. Gingrich. I normally don't mind waiting for a doctor if a staff member has the courtesy to give me a heads up that they are running behind, etc., but no one did that. I was just left in the room by myself. It is bad enough to have to return to the OB/GYN after having a D&C, but to wait as long as I did was torture. I felt like they didn't care about me. When Dr. Gingrich finally arrived, she didn't even do an exam. She just asked me if I wanted to go back on birth control. Needless to say I did not stay at this practice. I am now pregnant again and seeing a different doctor located across the street from the Maryville Women's Center, whom I absolutely adore. Overall I found the Maryville Women's Center to be a negative experience and would not recommend this practice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2851720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I was a patient here for many years. I honestly liked the nurse practitioner here, Lynn Billhartz. I think she is wonderful. Dr. Gingrich was technically my doctor but I only saw her a handful of times in the years I went here. The staff is rude, unprofessional and unhelpful. They discuss patients where other patients can hear them. I had issues with billing. One time it would be be billed correctly and covered by my insurance and then next time for the same thing it was billed differently and wouldn't be covered When I explained this to them after talking with my insurance they would not send it back with the correct code. When I had a breast cancer scare and I needed all my past mammograms to take to Barnes with me, I went to them and explained the situation and signed forms for them to be released. However, they would not release my own medical records to me and said they would fax them to Barnes AFTER my former doctor approved it. I told them I needed them so they could compare my past mammograms with new scans and how important it was for them to be there. This was two weeks before my appointment at Barnes. None of my medical records or scans were ever sent over. When I called them to see why not, they were rude and then hung up on me since it isn't their problem since I am no longer a patient there. I now go to Dr. Midkiff, which is right across the road from Maryville Women's Center and I have had nothing but great service. The staff is kind and courteous and they had no problem sending me to St.Louis for another opinion with a specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2821070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Been seeing Gingrich for a few years now, today was put in a different room, sorta like a storage for vaginal ultrasound, the door was opened by a nurse while I was in there in a waist gown, then Gingrich walks in and leaves door wide open and had no clue I was in there!! I was furious , she did give a cold apology and then replied, they are trying to make the place better and accidents happen. But the finale for me was when another girl was in room actually doing my ultrasound and Gingrich opened the door to leave while my feet were in the air and private out in open! The other girl stood in front of me and pulled my gown to cover me! I use to like the place but for about 2 years now I have hated every single visit! They are cold people, the midwife likes to be a show off , and I have been in that place for 3 hours before! It's not uncommon to wit an hour, get put in a room and wait another, on the bed with no pants! I have already been accepted at another practice, and my appointment was only 3 hours ago. That is how bad I want to get away from there! My husband has already looked into filing an ethical complaint.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

She didn't explain fully what the Mirena risks were to me when I was 17 had no issues asked for birth control she suggested that .. Now I have cysts on my ovaries she won't admit it could be from that I'm 25, can't get pregnant I'm in constant pain before and after it was taken out. .. I would never see her if I were you.. Others in her practice are great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Dr Gingrich gave me biopsy after abnormal pap. Never had ao much pain in my life. I shouldve kicked her across the room. I waited hour and half to get in. She was rude and uncaring. I left and threw up outside. Found new doctor who told me they almost never do biopsy unless your pap comes back abnormal twice. I wonder how much they made off my biopsy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2593244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

I can't recommend this office for women's health. They want to send all test results via web application - you practically have to enter your entire medical history yourself, after already filling out paperwork with the same information in the office. I think they try in this office, but I chose a female doctor for a reason - the male doctors don't get it, and unfortunately, neither do these doctors. I don't want to be another cog in the wheel for the pharmaceutical industry, so I'm seeking a naturopath.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I found the office staff very rude and unfriendly. Always made me feel like I was an inconvenience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2525207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

I started seeing this doctor shortly before I became pregnant. She prescribed me some anxiety medication that has been shown to cause birth defects, even though I told her we were wanting to conceive. Thankfully, I didn't take them. I had surgery and became pregnant within days of each other. I went to my first appointment and voiced my concerns. She did not address these issues, just told me I would be fine. She supposedly documented information about my surgery in my chart. The next appointment she walked in and asked me what happened to my leg, it was still in an imobilizer from hip to foot and I was on crutches, same as the first appointment. She didn't even remember that I had surgery, and she asked me all the same questions again. There were no ultrasounds even though I saw her through my entire first trimester. I did not trust her with my care or my baby's life. I found a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2087819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2013

Great office and staff. Very friendly and made me feel comfortable during my pregnacy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2012

I have been going to the Maryville Women's Center for 12 years and I love it! The staff is always very friendly and I feel the wait time is not too long. I have seen multiple doctors at this office and each doctor truly seems to care about me as a patient. I would recommend them to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087817].votes_count ]]