Ratings for Dr. Tina M. Gingrich

I had my first on appointment with Dr. Gingrich's midwife Casey. As I walked in the office, the receptionist were busy chatting with a food delivery person. I locked eyes with one of them and she told me to sign in. I did, my husband and I took our seats to wait. An hour and a half later, after seeing everyone who had came after me get their paperwork. I went up to the from desk to ask if I was going to have to give a urine sample during my appointment, because I really had to go. She looked shocked, I told her I had signed in an hour and a half ago. She dug the sign in sheet out of trash and found my name- crossed off and highlighted with the rest of the "seen" patients. They got me right back and I urinated in a paper cup -which I had to write my name on with a sharpie. Which seems unprofessional to me. I slipped it in a hole in the wall, with 5 other nasty cups. Then I went in to see Casey, the midwife. She didn't listen to a word I said, I told her I was taking progesterone suppositories prescribed by my RE. She ignored that information and told me I needed a PAP. I always use Lynn for those appointments. If they would have let me know that ahead of time- I would've made a appointment with her. Not someone I'm meeting for the first time. She told me I had to have it done. Then as she is finishing the vaginal part she says she thinks I have a yeast infection. I told her no I don't I told you I am taking Endometrin suppositories. She said I can't do the Pap because the results will be effected by the medicine. I already told her that, before! So, then she said I'll have to come in and do it all over again. Not happening. If that's how my first Ob appointment went- I don't think I can put my trust in them to deliver my babies. Professionalism is everything to me. Mean while out in the waiting room my husband watched as 5 couples scheduled to see Dr. Gingrich got up and left. Finally, he said the receptionist stuck her head out into the waiting room and told the remaining people, the would gave a further 1-2 hour wait because she was delivering. However, they'd already waited 2 hours with no notice. Needless to say, I'm out of there- they're are too many doctors out in out community to give my money to ones causing me stress.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I recently began going to Maryville Women's Center. I am very pleased with service I have received so far. The staff is friendly. I am notified of my test results via the patient portal usually within 48 hours. I have seen the PA and the Dr. and they have both been excellent.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

DO NOT GO TO DR. TINA GINGRICH!!!!! I HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! ITS BEEN 6 YRS AND IM STILL TRAUMATIZED. MARCH OF 2016 I HEARD SHE WAS MOVING TO TEXAS. CANNOT WAIT TILL SHE IS GONE. MAYBE THEN I CAN START MENTALLY HEALING.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I'm 17. Obviously scared out of my mind about going to the gynecologist in general. I have to wait forever here to get put in a room, then wait for some Joe shmo to see me. On my webmd it said I had ovarian cysts after an ultrasound. No follow up appointment was made, no phone call was made to notify me of these cysts, nothing happened at all. Horrible communication. And for anyone who calls the practice, good luck even talking to a normal person. This small town OBGYN is too busy for u to talk to them. They don't keep track of when they should resend u birth control. When they started me on birth control they gave me a 3 month tester pack (which they never told me they were testers) and then made it absolutely impossible to get any more. They will sell u birth control everytime u walk in here. Ratings say it all

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I feel it is important to share what my experience was with this provider so that other patients looking for an OB/GYN can make a well-informed decision. I began going to this practice years ago and usually saw Lynne, the PA. I absolutely loved her and was very happy going there for my routine GYN exams. When I got pregnant, however, it was a completely different story, and I am no longer seeing this provider. I ended up having a missed miscarriage with twins several months ago, and it was an absolutely terrible experience. The staff was very rude and unprofessional, referring to my twins that had died 4 days earlier as "products of conception". When I called the office crying and asking if there was any way I could have another ultrasound or some blood work done to confirm that it was truly a miscarriage, they responded that "we don't normally do that" and told me "miscarriages just happen, they're more common than you think". I eventually decided to have a D&C because I just wanted the nightmare to be over with. Dr. Gingrich was an hour late for the procedure, and didn't even come and check on me afterwards. At my follow up appointment, I waited an hour and forty-five minutes for Dr. Gingrich. I normally don't mind waiting for a doctor if a staff member has the courtesy to give me a heads up that they are running behind, etc., but no one did that. I was just left in the room by myself. It is bad enough to have to return to the OB/GYN after having a D&C, but to wait as long as I did was torture. I felt like they didn't care about me. When Dr. Gingrich finally arrived, she didn't even do an exam. She just asked me if I wanted to go back on birth control. Needless to say I did not stay at this practice. I am now pregnant again and seeing a different doctor located across the street from the Maryville Women's Center, whom I absolutely adore. Overall I found the Maryville Women's Center to be a negative experience and would not recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I was a patient here for many years. I honestly liked the nurse practitioner here, Lynn Billhartz. I think she is wonderful. Dr. Gingrich was technically my doctor but I only saw her a handful of times in the years I went here. The staff is rude, unprofessional and unhelpful. They discuss patients where other patients can hear them. I had issues with billing. One time it would be be billed correctly and covered by my insurance and then next time for the same thing it was billed differently and wouldn't be covered When I explained this to them after talking with my insurance they would not send it back with the correct code. When I had a breast cancer scare and I needed all my past mammograms to take to Barnes with me, I went to them and explained the situation and signed forms for them to be released. However, they would not release my own medical records to me and said they would fax them to Barnes AFTER my former doctor approved it. I told them I needed them so they could compare my past mammograms with new scans and how important it was for them to be there. This was two weeks before my appointment at Barnes. None of my medical records or scans were ever sent over. When I called them to see why not, they were rude and then hung up on me since it isn't their problem since I am no longer a patient there. I now go to Dr. Midkiff, which is right across the road from Maryville Women's Center and I have had nothing but great service. The staff is kind and courteous and they had no problem sending me to St.Louis for another opinion with a specialist.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Been seeing Gingrich for a few years now, today was put in a different room, sorta like a storage for vaginal ultrasound, the door was opened by a nurse while I was in there in a waist gown, then Gingrich walks in and leaves door wide open and had no clue I was in there!! I was furious , she did give a cold apology and then replied, they are trying to make the place better and accidents happen. But the finale for me was when another girl was in room actually doing my ultrasound and Gingrich opened the door to leave while my feet were in the air and private out in open! The other girl stood in front of me and pulled my gown to cover me! I use to like the place but for about 2 years now I have hated every single visit! They are cold people, the midwife likes to be a show off , and I have been in that place for 3 hours before! It's not uncommon to wit an hour, get put in a room and wait another, on the bed with no pants! I have already been accepted at another practice, and my appointment was only 3 hours ago. That is how bad I want to get away from there! My husband has already looked into filing an ethical complaint.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

She didn't explain fully what the Mirena risks were to me when I was 17 had no issues asked for birth control she suggested that .. Now I have cysts on my ovaries she won't admit it could be from that I'm 25, can't get pregnant I'm in constant pain before and after it was taken out. .. I would never see her if I were you.. Others in her practice are great!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr Gingrich gave me biopsy after abnormal pap. Never had ao much pain in my life. I shouldve kicked her across the room. I waited hour and half to get in. She was rude and uncaring. I left and threw up outside. Found new doctor who told me they almost never do biopsy unless your pap comes back abnormal twice. I wonder how much they made off my biopsy.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

I can't recommend this office for women's health. They want to send all test results via web application - you practically have to enter your entire medical history yourself, after already filling out paperwork with the same information in the office. I think they try in this office, but I chose a female doctor for a reason - the male doctors don't get it, and unfortunately, neither do these doctors. I don't want to be another cog in the wheel for the pharmaceutical industry, so I'm seeking a naturopath.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Tina M. Gingrich's Credentials

• Spanish

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

• Bcbs Illinois