You may also like

I had a surgery with Dr. Kuchenbecker that required a week in the hospital. He came to see me everyday, even on his day off. He is very caring, empathetic, brilliant. As a health care professional myself I give him the highest honors.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I had a second appt with Dr Kuckenbecker. He told me to come in for a follow-up appt in a month-in that time my insurance changed. He front office person told me they don't accept Aetna (one of the largest insurance providers in the US), and after waiting 15 minutes she told me I wasn't registered with Aetna which is completely untrue. I asked to speak to the Dr and he proceeded to tell me that Aetna was very slow to pay Drs and shouldn't I be concerned about my Dr getting paid? He also proceeded to tell me that most of his colleagues don't accept Aetna and I wasn't correctly informed by my provider. Aetna is accepted by all of our Drs and was very well vetted. He was more concerned about getting paid, than taking care of me as a patient-I was seeing him to get a second opinion on a lump in my breast. I do not recommend him at all period. His manner was cold and his office staff is not friendly or helpful at all.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

My father's hernia surgery went perfect, 3 years later my husband's hernia surgery went perfect. Both recovered quickly and Dr. Kuchenbecker was a pleasure to have as our doctor.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I was various impressed with the amount of time he took to explain to me the exact nature of my issue. He was straight forward and very kind. I will move forward with the surgery

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I have had two minor surgeries with perfect results. I would trust this MD with my life or anyone in my family. Fabulous medical education, explains everything so clearly, gets the best result--there just are not any negatives

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

Referred by a surgeon he had operated on. Excellent doctor. Listened to me and gave me the input I needed. He was attentiveness and caring post-op.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Saw repeatedly, including multiple surgeries. Tender, kind man. Ver committed to his craft. Very professional and very effective.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

Dr. Kuchenbecker performed a V-Y-plasty on me in 1998. The St. Johns Hospital nursing staff in recovery were incompetent and insensitive (e.g., taking out my IV and leaving me for hours without liquids). The surgical site never fully healed, and my current doctor recently (2011) found a leftover stitch (nylon)--the stitches were supposed to be dissolvable.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

THIS DOCTOR WAS GREAT! I had been misdiagnosed by a few different internists who in turn referred me to another surgeon in this area who was just outright obnoxious. Having been alarmed and treated rudely by others, I was somewhat anxious about having to interface with another power tripping doctor. Dr. Kuchenbecker was incredibly graceful and generous with his time. He explained everything to me in detail before proceeding to treat me. His bedside manner was excellent but more importantly, his obvious knowledge and skill confirmed that I was in the right place. I then had him suggest a new internist. Definitely someone who should be considered and I am sure if you research him you will come to the same conclusion. WHAT A RELIEF AFTER SO MANY YEARS DISCOMFORT!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

He is awesome. Put a smile on my face. Very knowledgeable and positive.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2009

Dr. Stephen L. Kuchenbecker's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a surgery with Dr. Kuchenbecker that required a week in the hospital. He came to see me everyday, even on his day off. He is very caring, empathetic, br..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had a second appt with Dr Kuckenbecker. He told me to come in for a follow-up appt in a month-in that time my insurance changed. He front office person told m..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My father's hernia surgery went perfect, 3 years later my husband's hernia surgery went perfect. Both recovered quickly and Dr. Kuchenbecker was a pleasure to..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was various impressed with the amount of time he took to explain to me the exact nature of my issue. He was straight forward and very kind. I will move forw..."

October 1, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=14356'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.9

February 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=14356'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 5, 2014