Ratings for Dr. Gary S. Takowsky

Were it not for this beautiful, compassionate man and his lovely wife, I'd be dead right now and that is not hype or drama. He thought enough of me to investigate why I was so sick, full of pain all over and swelling. He examined the Blood work and his wife related to me that he'd been praying for me because he thought that I had LEUKEMIA, so instead of performing the 2nd phase of a surgery on the left lower side of my face that looked like a burn the size of a fifty piece, he sent me to CEDARS SINAI and there I was examined by a wonderful man named DR. Rosenbloom who in turn performed a BONE MARROW and found out that Brotman's doctor was incorrect and my body was being attacked by lupus w/a rheumatoid factor plus there was no leukemia but lucopenia ( the red blood cells being over run by the white cell. After proper treatment, he proceeded to complete the surgery on that area but performed it in 3 stages so as not to damage the nerve cells on the lower left cheek. I've been looking for he and his wife who was/is a great lady also his brother. He treats his patients like family. I have to see him to look him in the face and say THANK YOU. So much happened to my skin but if I'd known where he was, it would be a different story....however, it is what it is and I know some great doctors. HE IS THE ONE THAT THE JOURNEY STARTED WITH ...HE CARED FIRST. RA

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

I've had 2 rhino plasty with Dr. T and I must say I'm very happy with the results. He takes his time to discuss possibilities and he keeps it real.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

I went to Dr.T in 1986 for a rhinoplasty and he did absolutely nothing but, mess my nose up further. My nostrils are uneven and my nose is still crooked!I had to have sinus surgery a year ago and my Dr.said, "for someone who has had a rhinoplasty, he saw no EVIDENCE that it had been done at all. Apparently, I paid for ZIP!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I feel mutilated after Dr. Takowsky performed surgery on my ears and nose. Everything is uneven, different shapes and sizes on each side, and the asymmetry is horrendous. I feel like he completely ruined my face, and I have already gone to another doctor to have this corrected. He makes you sign an arbitration agreement (about 20 minutes before you go in for surgery) so you can't sue him, and then won't give you a copy of what you signed. Oh, and don't expect him to actually be there when you have a follow up appointment. Whenever I asked him about the unevenness and red, raised, bulbous scars, he insists that everything is normal and that my surgery looks great. He has his staff come in and tell you how great you look, and they make fun of you if you don't agree. He told me the reason the results were asymmetrical was because my face was crooked!!! WOW. Paid: $5500

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

The doctor and staff were very friendly at the beginning, but doctor came 1 hr late for surgery, than he was in a hurry and my surgery didn't go very well: I did not see much of a difference in my eye lids, except I lost all my eye lashes, and bags under my eyes became heavier. when I came to complain about it, Mr. Takowsky try to convince me that every thing looks' good an staff didn't even talk to me. Now I'm looking for an other sergeant to try to fix this problem of Corse I'll never get my eye lashes back.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I actually found him by accident, I went for a botox and ended up looking at his surgery books. I know good surgery results when i see them, he does unusual surgical work which was exactly what I was looking for. Having been a victim of bad plastic surgery I did not want any more in the fear of looking worse. I also am a physician and even though I did not disclose that to him since I wanted to see how he treats me not knwoing I KNOW enough about surgery. I booked surgery with him immediately but was still concerned about the scars and results. I am 8 weeks out post op and my scars are barely there. I am super happy with the girls at his office and his work.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012

I am currently unable to use one of my eyes after given Botox by Dr T! Not only was the treatment rushed, he injected me before even asking me my desired results! I got 20 units in 2 injections and one tiny one all to the forehead. 3 total, which I'm being told is unusual. It paralyzed my eye and now it will not open at all. He seems unconcerned!! He practically laughed it off and said it would only last a few days. That was weeks ago and i still have no control to open my lid. Most upsetting, he gave me no post op advice the day of treatment, even though I asked. There are very important instructions to follow after Botox! I found that out too lately unfortunately. Other drs suspect the problem is likely from badly placed injections. I might be "blind" in one eye for 3-9 months. No one can say for sure. Regardless of what he says, I am NOT the only client this has happened to. I am embarrassed, deformed looking and my sight is drastically limited.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

I feel mutilated after Dr. Takowsky performed surgery on me. Everything is uneven, different shapes and sizes on each side, and the incision sites are horrendous. I feel like he completely ruined my body, and I will have to go to another doctor to have this corrected. He makes you sign an arbitration agreement (about 20 minutes before you go in for surgery) so you can't sue him, and then won't give you a copy of what you signed. Oh, and don't expect him to actually be there when you have a follow up appointment. Whenever I asked him about the unevenness and red, raised, bulbous scars, he insists that everything is normal and that my surgery looks great. He has his staff come in and tell you how great you look, and they make fun of you if you don't agree. He keeps telling you that everything is normal, when you know it isn't. Also, when you go in for follow ups, he spends most of the time trying to convince you to have more surgery and can't even remember what he already did to you!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr. Takowsky did great work on my liposuction, I am very pleased with it. The one thing I don't like about Dr. Takowsky is that he always seems like he is in a hurry and doesn't have time to actually sit down and answer your questions. I have to say I am very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2009

I’ve recently had a rhinoplasty procedure done by Dr. Takowsky. I feel like a whole new person: very pleased with the results! Dr. Takowsky is caring, skillful, warm and confident, with a comforting bedside manner. His staff is friendly and professional. I’d highly recommend Dr. Takowsky.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. Gary S. Takowsky's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1977)