Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Beck

After moving to Indianapolis from the Chicago area in 2014 I had been stalling in finding a new doctor because I don't want to be treated like just another piece of meat on the medical industry conveyor belt. I found Dr. Beck through the ratings on this web site and am I glad I did! He is old-fashioned in the best sense of the term. He practices on his own, has a simple, old office (you are not paying for a monument to someone's ego) and he listens. He also has a great sense of humor. I had a physical last week and he spent an entire hour examining me and discussing my health history and status. Who does THAT anymore?? He isn't trying to push drugs or rush you out of the office because some office manager has dictated how much time he can spend with a patient. What is more impressive to me is that he was the first doctor I've seen to properly diagnose a chronic condition I've been dealing with for over 7 years. All of the other reviews here were spot-on. If you want to be treated as a human being rather than a revenue-generating piece of meat, go see Dr. Beck.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

out of 40yrs. Doctor Beck is the 1st. doctor that I have had that takes out time to really listen to you as well as treat you just as if you was his family member that is sick,he's the best doctor ever& I am greatfull to have found such a wonderful doctor as well as staff.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

I have been a patient of this doctor for 12 years and he is the best doctor out there. He is so caring and compassionate, doesn't rush you, and goes over and beyond what a doctor is required to do. His staff is just as wonderful! They are sweet, caring and do whatever they can to help you and to make you feel comfortable. All of my friends want him as their doctor. Any patient of his is very lucky to have him!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

This guy is amazing. I actually look forward to seeing him. I have never been rushed out the door. He spends as much time with me as I need. He listens intently and is clearly not thinking about how to slam another patient between me and the next one. He is open to all available options and has even offered some home remedies. He is very low key and even when you think he didn't get it - he got it. He doesn't make enough money for what he does. Best physician I have ever been to. I have referred many friends, all of whom share my opinions.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Doctor Beck is the best doctor I have ever seen. He's a wonderful, caring person and is very insightful and knowledgeable. I've always felt like he cares a lot about me as an individual and isn't in this just for the money. He's very respectful, polite, thoughtful and kind.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Excellent doctor. Listens, cares, and is not in this just for the money. He's like the old fashioned doctors in that he actually spends time with you.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

Dr. Beck is a great doctor. His bed side manner is always calm and he talks to you in a very calm voice which is a comfort much needed at times. He takes the time to listen to what you have to say and will never rush you through the appointment but yet manages to keep pretty much on schedule. The staff "ROCKS" they are fast and know what they are doing. The staff goes out of their way to help me out with any questions or concerns I have. Very understanding. I only wish his office was closer to where I live. With Tricare sometimes you have to travel to see a doctor. Only one thing sometime bothers me and that is voice mail which they use. But I don't think any business should use voice mail. I guess these days it's one of those necessary evils. Great Job

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

This doctor rocks!! One of a dying bread of one doctor practices. Christy in his office is the best!! In an emergency, they will usually work you in the same day if you call first thing in the morning, even if Dr. Beck has to skip his lunch to see you. He not a big pill pusher, which can sometimes be annoying, but most of the time when he says let's give it a week, it resolves on its own. He is not afraid to send you to a specialist if he doesn't know what is going on. He runs right on time... a long wait in their office is 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

He is one of the best Doctors I have ever gone to see. He is thorough, he listens, he takes time, he is very knowledgeable and he cares. I nick named him Dr. welby for his gentle but clear ability to make you comfortable and yet get to the bottom of things quickly. I have lived all over the country and had extensive health problems and find him to be one of the best and easiest doctors to work with. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

Extremely Good Physician....Knowledgeable. Great Bedside Manner and open to Alternative Treatments and suggestions. Very concerned about the well being of his patients.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Dr. Stephen R. Beck's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)