Ratings for Dr. Ketan Patel

Where did he go? /I just got this: Narcotica: Breaking Free will shed a new light on safe and alternative pain therapies, and, spread the message that every person suffering with chronic pain deserves choices for relief. We will reveal honest perspectives from patients, caregivers and physicians; bringing the issues surrounding chronic pain to the forefront in hopes of influencing change.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

He was a great doctor. I think he is the best. I hate anybody who said he's bad because that means you are a stinky butt face.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I was a patient of Doctor Patel in his family practice as well as in his pain clinic. I agree his staff was the best and extremely well trained. He was a professional at all times. He saved me medically many times during my time with him. He was also willing to include other specialists as needed in providing the best care possible. He is not perfect no-one is but his focus was always in the best interest of myself and those who suffer with chronic pain. As a family doctor he always made sure the appropriate tests were given and followed up with the care necessary. It is a great loss that he no longer has his practice and pain clinic. I know that he will continue to research chronic pain and be instramental in finding new and better ways to treat chronic pain. When it comes to assisting those with addiction issues he gave them one chance to seek and work with him to make their lives better. Many individuals need a step up. It is wonderful that people like him were willing to offer that step up. What people do with that gift is up to them. To those that are critical of him, walk in his shoes for a day and see what he and other specialists have to deal with every day. Personal accountability is key as well as putting a persons care as a priority. It isn't all about medicines it is about caring for ourselves and treating our bodies with respect and dignity. Keep a good thought always Linda - 2017

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

He's awesome. He's awesome. He's awesome. He's awesome.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Dr. Patel is the Canadian version of Dr. House! People are either offended by his attitude or love what he does for them. The fact is he cares a lot about his patients and has zero tolerance for time waste. He quite often jumps from one room to another while prioritizing who is in the need of immediate care (ie. Trigger Point Injections) and who has a sprained ankle . He might be often late for his appointments but in Ontario who doesn't. He is very helpful and tells you the truth about your health and what needs to be done as he is up to date and knowledgeable. His staff are the best I've seen so far. They do care about the patients like a family member.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

Dr. Patel is tops in his field of chronic pain treatment and management. He has been my treating pain specialist for two years now. I recommend him to anyone who suffers a chronic pain condition. He and his staff work well, in unison, by your side to ensure your needs are being met. Dr. Patel is always on top of your condition and, it is very apparent to me how much time and attention he and his staff give to your file behind the scenes. So that when you arrive for your appointment, he is able to address your concerns in a timely manner. This doctor and his staff are organized in such a congruent manner that his nurse seems to be intuitive and at your side in no time if her services are required. I continue to be amazingly impressed with this medical team! Dr. Patel knows his specialty inside out and always enters your treatment room with genuine interest and a happy, easy going nature. I truly feel blessed. I know my prayers were answered.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

I did not mind him as a doctor when he was mine and gave him the benefit of a doubt because the Ontario health system is backed up as it is. He never really addressed my problems as indepth as I would've liked because he was in to much of a hurry to get out of there. No bedside manner what so ever. Best part of it all came when I was in the care of my midwife in the last couple months of my pregnancy. My parents also went to him as well and I found out when taking them to an appointment one day that he had closed his family practice down completely. I didn't receive a phone call, letter or anything he was just done. My parents are in his pain clinic as well and it's been hell for them. But I'll leave that for there comments on here.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

I had my first appointment with Dr. Patel earlier this week. The staff at his clinic were very professional and the intake program is very thorough. I was asked a lot of questions I hadn't been asked before, and was treated with respect - I really appreciated that! Even though the injections aggravated my and flared up my pain, I genuinely feel like Dr. Patel and his staff can help me.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

my friend goes to see this doctor for over a year and this is her rating and comment. upset because he never looks at you when he talks to you . he always assumes that her pain which has been already proven through catscans and mri's as severeget worse only because of stress. This is not tre. He also threatens that if she does not follow the rules he sets that he will reomove her from the pain program. he has taken away her pain meds by three quarters and she was told to suck it up. also forced to give urine samples and treated like a drug addict. failure to comply with this will also get you removed from the program.also told she must take injections without knowing exactly what he is injecting her with.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010