You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Noel T. Rivers-Bulkeley

This doctor got my medicine for depression right on the first visit. He is also very knowledgeable about which drugs are going generic and just everything to be imagined in the area of psychopharmacology. I saw him for a total of about two years and near the end I was needing more drug help and he would not even discuss it. He would keep me coming back every month but would not talk about my need for an additional anti-depressant booster or whatever it night be called. He seemed to just want to chat about subjects he was interested in. The reason I'm writing this is not criticism so much as advice if you see him. I think he might have taken me more seriously if I had acted more depressed. For about six I have done a good job of disguising my depression, then gone home and slept 'round the clock for days at a time. Crying for no reason and not feeling like leaving the house. Perhaps he thought I was not feeling as horrible as I was feeling. I've pretty much alienated myself from eveyone but my husband who is used to me and loves me. Just don't get dragged in to the $205 for chatting with him for 45 minutes as I did for two months before leaving. I can not tell you who is better than this man with meds and I'm sorry about that. Best of luck to you in finding help for you or your loved one. Atlanta is a pretty barren city for good psychiatric help. I can give you names of some of the worst: James Andrews, Dave Davis, Walter Anderson, kim serravezza, stephen howard, Frank pittman, Michael Hilton, Alfred eubanks, the last name i can't remember but he's so lazy, he gets prescriptions wrong. he's a 50ish gay man whose boyfriend ran his office. I saw his website not a year ago and tried to add a review but it would not take the review. I think he has employed one of those companies that whitewash your bad reviews and prevent new negative ones being added. Dr. Teliho is a nice man and you might try him. My husband like him and he's very sincere and likeable. Sorry if this review isn't very readable. I'm having a horrid day and will now go back to sleep.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

He is fantastic - he knows his stuff and really cares about his patients. I have been very happy Natalie getting to know him but also talking about potential treatments for my depression. He's the best!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I saw Dr RB when I was first hospitalized at a hospital in Smyrna on Feb. of 1996. And though I have not seen him since (don't live in Atlanta area) I will ALWAYS remember his kindness, thoroughness especially in regard to diagnosing what type depression I had and what category of drugs would work best for me. He was spot on, and I haven't felt that good before. I'll never forget Dr RB !!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Truly cares about his clients and the integrity of his profession.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Dr. R.B. is no doubt the most knowledgeable and caring Psychiatrist anywhere. I would recommend him to anyone and have referred others to him that now feel the same way. He will change your life for the better. He truly listens and understands your issues and problems. He spends 30 minutes to an hour or more with each of his patients. There is no way a doctor can help you if he pops in and out in 10 minutes or less! And he works with all of your meds to get the right combination for you that will not interact with anything else you take. Just see him once and I promise you will not be disappointed!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

Dr. RB helped me change my life and I strongly recommend him to anybody looking for a psychiatrist in the Atlanta area. I've seen many psychiatrists over the years for depression & PTSD, and I disliked most of them. Dr. RB really listens, contextualizes depression within your life & history, and is immensely knowledgeable about the field of psychiatry and the medications available. He kept working with me not just until I felt "better" but until I felt like I was really back to functioning at the highest level possible. He was up-to-date on treatments. Even before one drug had been released, he was anticipating its arrival and explaining to me how he thought it would help me -- and it did. He answered all of my questions and wanted me to understand how my brain worked and how the medications helped it. He is good at putting things into terms that a non-medical professional could understand. I really felt like he cared about me and my life. I haven't found anyone as good since I moved.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Dr. Noel T. Rivers-Bulkeley's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor got my medicine for depression right on the first visit. He is also very knowledgeable about which drugs are going generic and just everything to b..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is fantastic - he knows his stuff and really cares about his patients. I have been very happy Natalie getting to know him but also talking about potential t..."

September 4, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Noel" to "Noel T."

October 20, 2013