Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Fox

The WORST doctor you will ever meet. If you have public insurance he treats you like a low life. Makes no eye contact and is very sneaky on how he words his treatment plan. He is also a big HMO gate keeper saving money anyway he can.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I have never meet a doctor like this one. Please don't waste his time or yours. He cares about how much he will be PAID! Very sad little man. The worst Doctor at Illinois Masonic Hospital!!!! HE HATES MEDICADE!!! You will find this out after meeting him. No eye contact and he lies to get you to leave his office. So, he doesn't have to waste more than twenty min. with a Medicaid Patient.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Saw him at a hospital for about three minutes. Said he had no idea what was wrong but it couldn't be "that bad" and left without giving me a referral or any idea of what to do next. If it wasn't that bad, why was I in the hospital? What did the previous doctor see that he didn't? He was also quite rude; I don't know if it was because I was young or female or just if he was having a bad day. Like I said, I only saw him for about three minutes, tops.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

This doctor was the worst doctor I have ever seen in the 30 years I have been seeing doctors. He was rude, disrespectful, and he is a fraud for he claims to put a person's care first. This is the farthest from the truth. He will not listen to your request. Its his way "period". A doctor's job is to give opinions or recommendations on your care but it is your final decision what treatment plan is followed. It your body not his but with this doctor he acts as some higher power made him the "God of Medicine" and he knows all and everyone else is brainless. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR...there are much better out there.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

Quick to "hear" my unspoken concerns and discuss. Good at suggesting alternatives. Has been helpful in helping me understand that age brings problems - and in finding ways to solve or alleviate them.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Doctor Fox treats our entire family. He has a specialty in geriatric medicine as well. He refers to excellent specialists, listens deeply, is very compassionate. Dr. Fox first saw my son when he was 14 and my son immediately trusted him, has used him for treatment of serious depression and other problems. I attribute my son's full recovery in part to Dr. Fox through referral to a good psychiatrist, his non-judgemental advice and very supportive attitude throughout myriad set-backs. If he is not as timely, it is because he cares enough to fit people in for emergencies. I will regret losing him as an adviser when I retire and move away. Dro Fox recommended a wonderful family dentist to us as well. All around, it has bee a great experience being treated at the Progressive Medical Group.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Listens carefully and responds; empathetic and alert to nuances, knowledgeable. "Prompt" depends on what else is going on in the practice at time of your appointment. Nice sense of humor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Great overall internal medicine doctor. Very knowledgable and great at follow up. A great listener.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Knowledgeable, especially with seniors; friendly; good bedside manner; patient; answers questions.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Dr. Steven J. Fox's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)