Ratings for Dr. Brian G. Mann

Kind, knowledgeable, and helpful! Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I personally had a very bad experience. He called me his difficult patient because he and his staff could not get my "easy " prescription right. He was extremely rude, cut me off when speaking, and rushed me. I was appalled.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Not a good eye doctor. Very pushy and prescribes extra tests to make more money. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I feel this provider uses bad business practices and does not aim to help the patient. He is a franchisee of pearle vision and seems to push the sale of frames when he should be behind the scenes handling eye exams. I feel as no provider should be able to have any connection to the profit of eyewear as it is a conflict of interest to the patient. I do not recommend this provider as I also feel the billing practices are poor. They do not provide upfront about portions of the exam that may not be covered by insurance. If they allowed the patient to make a more informed decision to the extra procedures then at least they could make the best financial decisions. By not doing so is against a patient's right. Please be readily informed and be prepared to ask why a certain test is being performed.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

We were referred here by another Dr. that I trust and despite questions that I had about the recommendations I followed through due to trusting the other dr. Unfortunately, the recommendations were many for both my sons- convergence issues, tracking issues, the need for vision therapy, etc. I have since taken the son who was referred to another optometrist to get a second opinion- basically any concerns are extremely slight and do not require treatment as he has no impact on him. Also had his glasses checked and there was no prism to help his convergence issue and are equivalent to "$3 Job Lot glasses" in the words of the other dr. Instead I spent about $300. I was definitely taken!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

I found Dr. Mann helpful and knowledgeable. His "flippers," prescribed to deter the need for reading glasses, make perfect sense to me and I use them as often as possible. I am nearing 48 and have yet to struggle with reading a menu. Also, I have terrible distance vision which became worse when I was writing a 300+ page manuscript. It improved slightly after the completion of said manuscript. Dr. Mann was amenable to my continuing to lower my prescription in order to make my eyes 'work' harder and further 'strengthen' them, thereby continuing to improve my vision. Few physicians are so open to working with the body's ability to heal itself as Dr. Mann. For those who believe in their own abilities and open to alternatives to the not-so-helpful existing therapies, Dr. Mann could well be a good fit.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

On the contrary, my daughter was seeing words scrambled; however, could tell you all the letters in the word...jusr scrambled. I spent $1000 out of pocket to have her tested for dyslexia and processing disorders (because school would not test due to grades being too good), anyways she did not qualify for a dyslexic diagnosis...was told Yale would love her because she was so perplexing. Was recommended to bring her to Dr. Mann and he was able to essentially fix the issue with a plus 50 lense...it was a miracle...the scrambling does not occur with the glasses. I would highly recommend Dr. Mann.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

I too have my doubts on his practices. I had a general feeling of unease and having felt "taken". He told us our son had problems with tracking and converging and prescribed prism eyeglasses and very expensive vision therapy which we had to pay for out of our own pocket since his therapist does not take insurance. Then I noticed that many kids in my sons class were prescribed with the same thing by him. All of the sudden there are tons of 4th graders walking around with this same exact problem? Please...my son has since stopped wearing these glasses and going to eye therapy and is doing just fine. What a racket....

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

keeps your kids away from this guy. He does a lot of useless testing and prescribes prisms and lots of other unnecessary add-ons to probably just inflate the price. His vision therapy is pure quackery.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

If anyone has been to Dr. Mann's office please let me know your thoughts on his practice. It would be appreciated. I am new to his practice and I am having uneasy feelings about his practice. Thank you

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Dr. Brian G. Mann's Credentials

• New England College Of Optometry (Grad. 1989)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal