Ratings for Dr. Jose O. Ortega

Don't waste your time. I figured he would be good because he is part of the Andrews practice, but I spent two hours waiting just for him to tell me what I already know and offer no solution, no prognosis, no diagnosis even. I'm looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr Ortega saw my son for lower back pain after his regular ped dr kept telling me he had pulled muscles. Dr Ortega dx him with L4 and L5 disk had exploded. he ref us to a nurosurg dr which we have had great experience with

flag | Submitted February 3, 2008

He was 2 and 1/2 hours late seeing us with no explanation. He doesn't do surgery, so that would'nt be an explanation. After waiting 2 and 1/2 hours, he was in the room for 5 minutes (I timed him). He examined my kid and then mumbled something I couldn't even understand. I said, "Pardon me?" He responded, "Your kid had growing pains - nothing wrong with him." I asked, "What is the grinding we're hearing in the joint?" and he goes, "I don't know, but if its still bothering him in six months, bring him back." That was it - he walked out of the room! Never asked if we had any additional questions or anything. When I opened the door to tell the nurse I had more questions, she was standing beside him and she looked at him really fast and said "sssshhh." What did she need to tell him to be quiet about? I took my kid to a real orthopedist a week later and he had all kinds of torn ligaments when an MRI was done. I don't recommend this doctor to anyone - even your dog.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Dr. Jose O. Ortega's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1996)